7/26- Ike

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, I can't believe we're at the end of the road already.

I figured Eiji Kaneda or Shirow Masumune would show up eventually, but I wasn't expecting such a oddly proportioned Ike.

The new skill was also pretty predictable, given the first Light versus Dark episodes had you fight almost capped characters (capped on higher difficulties), so presumably they'll all be given a special skill to make them more stronger in the final episode. Hopefully anyway!

For reference, the Limit Breaker skill raises caps to 10, not the actual stats. So it looks like you've got to grind a little bit before the skill pays off.

IKE WHAT HAPPENED WITH YOU, YOU BECAME SO THIN! DID YOU SUFFER FROM STARVATION WHILE ROAMING AROUND THE WORLD AIMLESSLY?

... Or maybe I'm just used with the buffed FE10 Ike. Meh. Any way, his armor looks like Iron Man's to me for some reason. >:

The rest is fine.

ilyana ate all his food D:

What's your point?

You were implying that he'd have that skill and would be "more of" a "Gary Stu" due to it, but he likely won't have the skill if the previous chapters mean anything.

Edited by NeonZ

For reference, the Limit Breaker skill raises caps to 10, not the actual stats. So it looks like you've got to grind a little bit before the skill pays off.

Raises caps to 10, or raises caps by 10?

If it raises caps to 10, that's more of a hindrance than a benefit.

Either way, now we have our 12+1 DLC characters and everything's finished up. ST aside (which was about the game progression), the sets' looks and time of day of the maps fit with with the pattern of who you're facing. LvD1 was during the dark/under rain because you faced villains, 2 was during the day because you faced good guys, and 3 is during the sunset because you face both sides.

Over Looking All of them:

ST 1: Day

ST 2: Sunset

ST 3: Night

KvK 1: Summer/Fall

KvK 2: Winter

KvK 3: Spring

RvB: lol Dragon's Gate/Indoor Map

LvD 1: Night+Rain

LvD 2: Day + Rainbow (It's over the map and looks kinda lame)

LvD 3: Sunset

I suppose ST was just a progression thing, KvK might've been a year's passing thanks to it being an FE4 Map (Which had that case of Oh look, you finished Chapter 3, Here's Chapter 4, a year later!) RvB is an lol Indoor map, so it just didn't change. What you said about LvD is pretty much it though.

Edited by Airship Canon

Over Looking All of them:

ST 1: Day

ST 2: Sunset

ST 3: Night

KvK 1: Summer/Fall

KvK 2: Winter

KvK 3: Spring

RvB: lol Dragon's Gate/Indoor Map

LvD 1: Night+Rain

LvD 2: Day + Rainbow (It's over the map and looks kinda lame)

LvD 3: Sunset

I suppose ST was just a progression thing, KvK might've been a year's passing thanks to it being an FE4 Map (Which had that case of Oh look, you finished Chapter 3, Here's Chapter 4, a year later!) RvB is an lol Indoor map, so it just didn't change. What you said about LvD is pretty much it though.

Yeah, ST is a progression of day and games (morning-1/start, sunset-6/last-in-Japan, night-10/last-new). Didn't know that about FE4 but it explains everything. There could be something going up with Leaf completing his FE5 journey before joining up Celice, but I'm not sure about the timeline.

Actually, RvB did have some lighting change if you look at it carefully. Hard to notice with the tiles but it's lighter when facing the Tellius side, then darker when facing the GBA, then lighter again in Decisive Battle. Didn't pay much attention to the torches but I think something changes about them too.

Oh, wow.. That's visually quite a letdown.

Not to be overly pessimistic but.. damn.

Proportions are off and very little creative license has been taken.. Also, the best part about the Hero's design, the shield, was taken out. That's a bit sad to me D:

Guess I let the awesomeness of Roy's design get my hopes too high, eh?

Ah well, either way, it's here and could be worse.

there's so much wrong with this picture. . . the lack of hips, the awkward bending of the knees, the head that seems too large, even by cartoon standards, and his tiny feet. . . why did they think THIS was a good contribution? O ,o

oh well, it's Ike, so rejoice, I guess lol

Edited by StrategistPockystix

It really seems as if the artist just didn't give a damn and rushed through the drawing. And I'm shocked to find out that it was the same artists for Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword. I really liked his Blazing Sword work and while Sword of Seals wasn't amazing it wasn't terrible also. He would have been better off that doing a simple standing pose instead of trying to be dynamic about it since the proportions are all over the place. The face is okay and I suppose for the in-game portrait you wont have to see the entire body but it's certainly disappointing.

I guess he should have gotten some warm up time so he could get back to his Blazing Swords quality....

Ikedlc.png

It's Ike time to shine!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/afej/dlc/dlc_0726.html

Looks like a Hero, but without that gear neckpiece.

This would get a 3 star from me.

But what about the First bulleted point?

Or is that just saying beating the chapter gets you the "Ike from another.world talisman"

Omg, Ike doesn't look as buff a his FE10 self; but he looks kind of sleeker, like a ninja

Maybe that travel in time did him in.

Finally.

And what do you know, we finally figured out all of the patterns

He actually would look better with only showing his face and not his entire body. Makes a great avy.

Wow, I had to stare at that pic for like 5 min to figure out how his sword was not an extension of his arm.

It looks like an extension. Like he's Spawn or something. xD

His "sword arm" bothers me the most.

He actually would look better this way if only he didn't lose his muscle.

Edited by アイネ

Raises caps to 10, or raises caps by 10?

If it raises caps to 10, that's more of a hindrance than a benefit.

It says "+10" - you don't even need to be able to read Japanese to see that. And all caps are higher than 10. So yes, it raises them by 10.

This is much more interesting than it sounded - I guess it affects the character's internal modifiers, then. It seems odd of a thing to have as a temporary boost to be able to remove at will, but I guess that would just store any increases like when switching into a class that makes the stats break the cap.

So Gen 3 Mark can actually get to "natural" 71 Str/Def with the right pairings, then. Man, I remember when we were surprised enough to find that stats could break 40.

Edited by Othin

Wait is his arm a swprd or his he holding it? Also who are the enemeis with Ike on that map?

Presumably, they're all 50 of the enemies that showed up in the past DLC maps. It looks like Eltshan or Petrine is the boss.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Awakening_LM_Enemy_Data:_Light_vs._Dark_L

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Awakening_LM_Enemy_Data:_Light_vs._Dark_D

Sephiran

Class: Sage

Level:20

STR:16

MAG;50+7

SKL;42

SPD:44

LUCK:44

DEF:31

RES;42

Weapons:Thoron+, Goddess Staff

Skills: Magic +2, Concentration, Magic Expert, Lance Slayer, Vengeance

I'm scared now.

Edited by Defender of the light

why couldn't they keep his old art work meh im exited for Ike but not his sidework

on a side note do we know what the next spotpass team is or no?

The whole point is the redesigns. We're going to be getting SpotPass Ike with his regular artwork for free soon anyway.

We don't know the next team, but it'll probably be either FE3 or FE8, since FE9 is waiting for after Ike's release (rather than being at the same time), FE10 is likely waiting for FE9, and Villains is almost certainly the final team. My guess is FE8 next, then FE9, then FE10, then FE3, then Villains.