Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

I agree that my hop from Aere to Marth wasn't very good. But I'd been sick and busy for most of C1 and the only person I'd been able to form any sort of scumread on was Aere. So late in the phase, when I started realizing that my reasons for voting for Aere weren't that good, neither the town nor I had much time to pick a wagon other than the ones that were currently on the table. I ISOd both Core and Marth, and I decided that Marth looked worse out of the two.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all! Still reading through Cycle 1 to figure what's going on. All I know right now is that everyone seems to be voting Core for some reason, and Manix and Cam are squabbling, and Xin Li looks scummy I guess. I'll be sure to catch up in the near future and add to discussion.

Blitz is gonna be so happy when he sees we're playing in the same game again

Okay I'll stop playing Cave Story and FE9 and Guilty Gear and stuff for a sec. ... I hate when I'm so close to my vacation's end.

You have been found scummy for basically making interjections and not contributing much. Many of us agree on that. Aren't those identical opinions?

This is a bad interpretation of an echo. If I find him scummy for making interjections and not contributing much and someone does too, is he echoing me? That's only logical, because it -is- something peculiar of note. Echoing is when you don't argue and you go on agreeing with something.

They got our Rolecop? Blahhhh I'm hoping Snike being targeted was a namekill and not some mafia info role that gets them info in the middle of the cycle.

That sounds stupid, but I wouldn't discard it either as this situation is too bad to be a mere act of luck (to me).

Either way it's an useless thing to wonder about.

MAnix doing that thing scum does when they know someone does that thing annoyed town does.

Whatever. Harassing someone who is lynched. Refer to SFM mafia if you want to see.

Helios/snike reactions.

If marth flips town we should be on manix.

What is this I don't even--- This makes no sense.

If you're seriously going to go after me for this, then I will strike back. Hard.

/facepalm

I saw enough from D1. I just thought Marth was a better target than you.

When I said I got the reactions I wanted, I meant it.

ps: scumteam has Cam and Xin on it, just saying

Stop saying someone is scummy without backing it up with arguments. >:

core is buddying up

that is scummy

With Bizz and Snike? I should remind you that if Core is scum, they killed Snike.

and then his response. the second paragraph really doesn't sit right with me.

"If I really am scum, you and everyone else will probably figure it out sooner or later."

That irks me to no end. Why not figure it out NOW.

##Vote: Xin Li

How is this sole reason strong enough to make you vote Boron over Cam/Core?

reasons I think Cam is scum:

here

is pretty much a summation of what I think

and bulletproof is a common maf fake, wouldn't believe it until it was tested

and if deathproof, fml

Stop, he never claimed deathproof. >:

Manix seriously STOP jumping around so much.

I feel like Snike wasn't a name kill cause he was looking very pro town (and his reactions were great)

anyways

@Rapier, why exactly do you think I have no reads?

Because you never mentioned them. I could be missing one post from you, however. To be honest, I don't remember you very much. =P

if you don't mind answering, what is your usual playstyle based on?

as in, what advantages do you gain through using that playstyle?

if you wanna know mine, I wouldn't mind answering

What is the point of this? These questions won't bring any kind of constructive info.

i already stated my role

... So, are you an unlynchable or a bulletproof?

Prims thoughts on manix's posts after marth stated "GG town on your mislynch"

Specifically post #469 and post #479.

If you think so lowly of him, why didn't you vote Manix yet?

---

In short, I don't like how Shinori has begun pursuing Manix without voting him. All he does is tell how scummy he thinks Manix is, and the only thing that came to his mind when questioning Prims was "Hey tell me your thoughts on these posts of Manix". His earlier reason to vote Manix was "If Marth flips town I'll lynch Manix because he hammered" is an easy way to put the blame on someone. Manix's badly thought answer only helped Shinori's case.

Also, do you think you were roleblocked yesterday?

Manix has been jumping around and voting/unvoting a lot, and for weak reasons. His C1 was good, but his C2 has been quite weak.

Blitz was invisible on C1, I don't remember him giving us any of his reads (or stating he has reads), has been very inactive on C2 and the only time he did something here was to get useless info from Boron.

Same thing with BBM, to a lesser extent. He was pretty much inactive in C1, isn't doing anything on C2 (aside from justifying himself/being defensive and saying stuff like my second quote) and his vote agaisnt Marth seemed really weak and without much thought to me, as if he just wanted to get over with the Cycle.

So

##Vote: Blitz

Out with your reads and thoughts.

With Bizz and Snike? I should remind you that if Core is scum, they killed Snike.

with me

and potentially bizz and snike

scum!core knows that killing snike will make him flip town which therefore gives him cred when his reads are right

... So, are you an unlynchable or a bulletproof?

i'll come clean because that hint of mine was a terrible fucking idea and one of you needs to smack me for having it in postgame

i have a 1-shot deathproof. i claimed bulletproof to see if scum would try to engineer a wagon on me (since it's the fastest way to get rid of me)

obviously it didn't work but it gave me some new hints

No I don't think i was roleblocked because I received no flavor whatsoever. Albeit maybe that's a host choice, I haven't voted because I simply wanted to see reactions from Prims/manix on my thoughts before voting either of them.

I have reason to believe Prims could be scum nexus or something similar.

I also think that Manix is really scummy based off of multiple things, however most of the stuff at first during cycle 2 was reaction testing and he responded in a way that i feel Scum!Manix might respond.

Hmmm, For now ##Vote: Manix

Okay, I ISOd most of the people on Marth's wagon, and I think Kaoz looked the worst. Not only did he post very sparingly, his posts weren't very good.

His first couple posts are RVS and stuff, nothing much to say there. His first serious vote is on Marth, for not contributing. This is earlyish in the phase, so it is a fair opinion, but considering that this is also HIS first post of any contribution, it's sort of hypocritical. Then he says the line about only giving player opinions when he finds them relevant. His point about not outing town reads is fair enough, but it doesn't explain why he isn't outing very many scumreads. The ones that he DOES have are Marth, Boron, Jedi, Aere, all major wagons, and his reasoning is the same that others have given. He sort of plays both sides when giving his opinions about the Jedi/Manix player slot later on. Says Manix is solid, but Jedi was bad, so he wouldn't mind lynching them. Then he says Core looks worse than Marth, and will vote for Core if a Manix wagon doesn't take off. However, while he's poked at Narth before, he hasn't said anything at all about Core- looks like bussing to me. Plus, when the time comes, he votes for Marth instead, and gives no reason for the switch except for Marth's claim and "looking back". But he doesn't say what exactly he found while looking back that made him decide once more that Marth was scum.

Kaoz and Core for scumbuddies, I think.

##Vote: Kaoz

Blitz was invisible on C1, I don't remember him giving us any of his reads (or stating he has reads), has been very inactive on C2 and the only time he did something here was to get useless info from Boron.

Same thing with BBM, to a lesser extent. He was pretty much inactive in C1, isn't doing anything on C2 (aside from justifying himself/being defensive and saying stuff like my second quote) and his vote agaisnt Marth seemed really weak and without much thought to me, as if he just wanted to get over with the Cycle.

So

##Vote: Blitz

Out with your reads and thoughts.

wow, are you holding a grudge for voting you the previous day?

anyways, going along with my reads.......

or not cause

HELIOS, I AM SO GLAD YOU GOT INTO THIS GAME, (too bad Bizz looks terrible because of this)

anyways, where were we

oh right,

Bizz/Helios was looking protown until she subbed out (yes, only because of the sub out, otherwise looks great)

Kaoz started off not looking good at the start of C1 and is looking much better now, however no reads on Elei yet (but Kaoz's aura continues)

Rapier, being weird (but that is what he normally does and gets lynched) so, wanted to test his reaction, didn't look very good, but does he EVER look good?

Manix was looking very good on C1, and after the Marth wagon, not so much (as in, looking very scummy)

Ether claimed vanilla on D1 and Shinori claimed to have a role (unless Ether was kidding, Ether could have been hiding something) and I am finding this very scummy

Prims didn't start off looking good at C1, but is looking much better now and I will agree with a some of stuff he has said so far (and there is a pretty good chance Shinori is indeed a harmful role)

Boron actually does sound like a someone not accustomed to the play style here and is more likely to be town

Cam seems like he is trying to scum hunt which makes him look pretty good

Aere and BBM seems very neutral which I am not liking (Aere looks worse than BBM in this manner though)

Core has been living in the back ground, but I didn't like his hammer on Marth, but Prims does have a point regarding that

anyways, for now

##Vote:Shinori

Apologies for my spotty activity. There are a couple reasons for that, but nothing worth discussing here. I expect/hope that I'll be able to step it up a bit from here on out in that regard.

Manix, people you "can't place" and people "that could lean either way" are the same, there's no difference between null and neutral reads.

On the subject of reads, I'd like people to keep their non-scum reads to themselves, unless said non-scum/town read is about to get lynched, there's no point in outing them and just tells the mafia "These guys are harder to mislynch, shoot them". I know I did it myself, but after further consideration, that was a mistake on my part.

Marth, who would you be comfortable with lynching besides Snike?

Prims, in your #360, why are you starting with saying that the Snike wagon has some merit, but then give him a pass later on? I might be missing something here.

Don't really see the logic behind this. I think there were 4(?) people voting for you, so even when you both agree that one of those is mafia, there's no reason why your reads on who it is shouldn't be different.

Would still be comfortable with lynching Manix. While he's been fairly solid, Jedi's stuff still bugs me. From the current wagons, I'd prefer a Core lynch over a Marth lynch atm. Will switch accordingly if necessary.

mainly because of this post, where he is actually working to get reads on people. I know this is just one post, but IMO, it is a pretty good one

Blitz makes no sense, and I'm still going against Core.

why makes you ay that?

or are you just sad I don't have any good reads on you?

@Blitz- I actually don't like that post of his much. His point in regards to Manix doesn't mean anything, and his question towards Marth isn't really scumhunting either. His points against Prims and Aere are good, but the wording of the point against Prims implies that he doesn't find Prims scummy for playing both sides regarding Snike. Then when he gives scumreads at the bottom, he says he prefers a lynch on Core to a lynch on Marth, even though he hasn't said a single thing about Core the whole game.

@Blitz- I actually don't like that post of his much. His point in regards to Manix doesn't mean anything, and his question towards Marth isn't really scumhunting either. His points against Prims and Aere are good, but the wording of the point against Prims implies that he doesn't find Prims scummy for playing both sides regarding Snike. Then when he gives scumreads at the bottom, he says he prefers a lynch on Core to a lynch on Marth, even though he hasn't said a single thing about Core the whole game.

your point about the Core thing makes sense, but I still think Kaoz scum hunts like that and that looks like he is more likely to be town to me

Also, Blitz, which posts of Rapier's do you think looked weird? His posts, although low in quantity, were actually looking okay to me for the most part.

Also, Blitz, which posts of Rapier's do you think looked weird? His posts, although low in quantity, were actually looking okay to me for the most part.

lol, by weird I meant not his normal self which is even weirder (not kidding when I say this)