Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I've been thinking about something ...

We have four dead players at the moment: Marth, Snike, Core, and Elieson. Of those three, Core was scum and Marth was a mislynched vanilla townie. Snike and Elieson were killed at the end of the cycle, and both had "investigative" roles. From what Core outed before he was lynched, since he was right about Kaoz/Elieson visiting Levedad/Helios we assumed that the scum team had a watcher.

However, doesn't anyone else besides me think it's a little ... strange, how our two investigative roles went down so fast? Of course, I can't be certain about any non-dead person's role besides my own, but is it normal for town to have a lot of "investigative" roles? (By investigative, I mean a role that gets a result from a host.) Because this leads me to believe one of two things: 1) there are much more investigative townie roles than I had originally suspected there were, or 2) scum is hitting all the right people early.

If option 2 is correct, then does that mean that scum also has a role cop of their own in addition to a watcher? (Is that even possible?) And even if they do have a role cop or a watcher, how are they hitting the right people so early? I'm assuming (hoping) Marth isn't the only vanilla townie in the game. And even if he were, I'm sure there have to be other roles that are not investigative. Did Snike and Kaoz have any strong suspicions on anyone specific in cycle 1 that may have led to scum investigating them early and taking them out?

That's because people don't ask questions or scumhunt or contribute to the discussion.

Xin Li, how does whether a scum investigator exists or not help us catch scum? It's most likely that scum has just been hitting all the right people, though also possible they rolecopped Kaoz. Snike was probably a namekill. This line of speculation seems irrelevant to getting scum lynched.

IMO, like I mentioned earlier, Snike was being the world's best townie

Kaoz was being more a townie than others, but he could have been investigated because Kaoz did kinda say breadcrumb that he is more likely to have a role. I thought Kaoz was suspicious enough (the intentional suspicions on self) to prevent mafia from shooting him

I don't see any reason to face kill Elie (eventhough he is great, he isn't famous yet)

Okay after ISOing bbm i guess I'm okay with a lynch on him, but I'd prefer blitz or rapier instead.

Blitz question; this post, and this post seem contradictory, like you wanted to vote me for me being me but when people mentioned i was more or less town you swapped your views on me. You voted me for being emotional or what not and said it was scummy, then turned around and agreed with prims when he mentioned it's a town tell from me and then said you thought I was town for the very reason.

You are a better player than that, what was with the awkward swap?

lol, I meant you shouldn't do it because scum always has more to gain from doing it

I was not focused on BBM. I had voted Aere, then Blitz, then I went for BBM because he was next on my scumlist. And here we are.

this is a terrible scum excuse too

both BBM and Rapier looks bad

I will

##Vote:BBM

but might change my vote to Rapier tomorrow if either looks better

this entire debacle has convinced me that rapier is scum flailing around

i'll need a bit to put together a real argument but i'm just going with my gut for a moment

##vote rapier

I am notorious for screwing these up. If I did, lemme know.

Votals

[5] Rapier: BBM, Xin Li, Helios, Shinori, Camtech (L-1)

[4] BBM: Prims, Manix, Rapier, Blitz

Voteless: Aere

Edited by eclipse

I don't think he'd out info about a scum role as a scum, and then try to hide its existence. I see his post as a possible way to post cheap talk and make us wonder if the Mafia has a Rolecop without any concrete info as some sort of distraction, but since nobody cared about it...

it's been basically boldly declared, seeing as our rolecop and then our doctor are dead

anyway

after ISO'ing rapier, i've noticed that he seemed to be really put off by marth (to be fair most of us were) but he never actually voted him over it. for that matter, his first vote in the game was on core, the basically-already-lynched inactive scum. This is probably a terrible strategy but what comes to mind is that he's mnot throwing himself on a wagon that he knows will flip town, thus to avoid suspicion. But that's also kind of scummy, so scum!rapier then busses Core, his under-scrutiny scumbuddy.

that's basically all i can think of right now (i've been super-tired for the past two weeks due to a combination of jetlag and some personal shit) but i'm sure there's something else going on

Cam, do you mean that that the Core vote was Rapier's first vote of the cycle? He'd voted for Aere in C1.

Also, Eclipse, I'll do it soon, I swear.

it's been basically boldly declared, seeing as our rolecop and then our doctor are dead

anyway

after ISO'ing rapier, i've noticed that he seemed to be really put off by marth (to be fair most of us were) but he never actually voted him over it. for that matter, his first vote in the game was on core, the basically-already-lynched inactive scum. This is probably a terrible strategy but what comes to mind is that he's mnot throwing himself on a wagon that he knows will flip town, thus to avoid suspicion. But that's also kind of scummy, so scum!rapier then busses Core, his under-scrutiny scumbuddy.

... This makes no sense, as scum are supposed to mislynch. Why should I be afraid to mislynch if I'm scum? What guarantees you that the last player who voted for Marth wasn't scum? Why would voting Marth make me look scummy? Why would I waste my time voting Core when, as a scum, I'm supposed to be doing stuff and mislynching? This is pretty flawed logic.

That's L-1 by my count.

Rapier, claim.

I'm the Town Vig. I could prove that tomorrow, but there's no way I can prove I'm not scum just by that.

I just regret being voted for weak reasons, like Boron's "He was defending me so it's weird imo I'll vote him" and Shinori's one sided opinion of "Lol he was discussing with BBM I don't like it he's scum". I'd rather be lynched for looking really scummy and having a lot of arguments agaisnt me.

Rapier, why were you suspicious of me.

I was the first one to vote you for what happened with Jedi, because I saw that as an easy way to lynch a town!newbie and get out with it. Then on C2 I don't remember much because I was sick and I don't care that much about Mafia to be re-reading the thread and going through Cycles and picking on every little wrong thing I see. On C3 you disappeared completely.

You didn't look great to me, and you still don't look great to me now.

In addition to mislynching, mafia are also supposed to blend in and seem townie, and one way to do that is to be seen on a scum wagon.

I'm not sure what to do with the Vig claim. It's provable, but it's also possible that we don't have a Vig and the mafia has a way to kill two people that they've been saving. Or Rapier could be a SK who's idling.

In addition to mislynching, mafia are also supposed to blend in and seem townie, and one way to do that is to be seen on a scum wagon.

I'm not sure what to do with the Vig claim. It's provable, but it's also possible that we don't have a Vig and the mafia has a way to kill two people that they've been saving. Or Rapier could be a SK who's idling.

There was no Core wagon on C1. There was one on C2, though. And I only hammered him.

I was the first one to vote you for what happened with Jedi, because I saw that as an easy way to lynch a town!newbie and get out with it. Then on C2 I don't remember much because I was sick and I don't care that much about Mafia to be re-reading the thread and going through Cycles and picking on every little wrong thing I see. On C3 you disappeared completely.

You didn't look great to me, and you still don't look great to me now.

Why do I hate your reasoning. I don't wanna hammer you, but... Ok, you were the first one to vote me about Jedi. Cool. Jedi's been gone and that issue is long past. Reread the thread if you want anybody to respect your opinions. C2 I pushed for the Core Lynch, and did nothing scummy, considering his flip.

Yeah I haven't posted a lot C3. You haven't posted a lot the whole game.

Tell me if you guys want the hammer.

Cam described Core as "the basically already lynched inactive scum" making me think that he typod because he was tired and meant that Core was your first vote of C2, not the game.

##Unvote

It would probably be best to test the vig claim. Doesn't mean I like Rapier any more, but I'd rather not mislynch a townie with a role.

Damn I need to think again

BBM, claim. Unless the people who unvoted come up with a last minute wagon, you're likely to be deadline lynched, since Rapier claimed a provable role and it hasn't been CC'd.

I'm not claiming because I think the mafia have enough claims already, and I don't want my claim to force another townie to give up their role as well. I will say that I have no way of proving my role though, so it's unlikely that I will be spared on its basis.

Also, unfortunately, I learnt last minute that I have to go out this night, so I won't be here for phase end. I'll be here for another hour or so, though. For now my vote is staying on Rapier, because I think it's more likely that we don't have a Vig. This is C3, and even though none of the people Rapier found scummy (except Core) have been lynched, he hasn't shot a single person yet. Nor did he claim any sort of restriction to his killing abilities. We don't even know if Rapier has submitted a killing action this cycle. If he hasn't, we'll have to let him off for next cycle as well just so that he can prove his role.