What video game has the worst fanbase?

Gold Vanguard

... why? This ... seems pretty much just like your excuse to bash other pairings around :p

Except I didn't bash any pairings in my post, nor do I even do that in general. As for why only shipping, I don't know much about the fandoms of different franchises otherwise.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except I didn't bash any pairings in my post, nor do I even do that in general. As for why only shipping, I don't know much about the fandoms of different franchises otherwise.

It's true, you didn't bash the pairings, you just bashed the people shipping the pairings. Which is much better. Fictional characters don't deserve to be attacked, but real people deserve to be attacked for shipping characters.

I'll admit that I'm a pretty rabid IkexElincia fan, but I don't go trolling and bashing others for preferring other pairings.
It's full of idiot fanboys
God I hate Ike and Soren fanboys. They tend to be blind, stuck up, and arrogant and can't accept the fact that Ike (and even Soren, whom I actually think could be gay for Ike) could be straight or even bi.

Calling people "idiot fanboys" or "blind, stuck up, and arrogant" for being unable to "accept the fact" about pairings isn't bashing them. Nope.

Also

Even when some of those characters are officially said to be straight!

Are there any "official statements" about any FE character's sexuality???

Edited by L1049

It's true, you didn't bash the pairings, you just bashed the people shipping the pairings. Which is much better. Fictional characters don't deserve to be attacked, but real people deserve to be attacked for shipping characters.

You seriously misread my post. I wasn't attacking people because they ship certain characters. I was attacking them because of the way they act about it. There's a difference. They can like Ike and Soren together all they want. I can't stop them. I just don't like the way they act about it sometimes.

Calling people "idiot fanboys" or "blind, stuck up, and arrogant" for being unable to "accept the fact" about pairings isn't bashing them. Nope.

Read what I said above. Also, other people in this thread used those terms to describe fanbases. I don't see you calling them out for it. Why am I always the target of people like you?

Are there any "official statements" about any FE character's sexuality???

Yes. Most characters are not gay/lesbian because they can marry people of the opposite gender. If they're also interested in the same gender, then they'd be bi, not gay or lesbian. Also, there's Sain and Gatrie's obsession with women and disinterest in men. They're clearly straight. I'd say it's pretty likely that Eliwood is straight too, because of his relationship with Ninian.

Edited by Anacybele

He's gay.

And this kind of annoying crap is exactly what I mean.

EDIT: Now I remember why I left this forum in the first place...

Edited by Anacybele

And there, Fire Emblem is the worst, as unfortunate as it is. It's full of idiot fanboys who automatically think "OMG GAY/LESBIAN COUPLE!" when they see two men or two women who are close friends or even just partners in their line of work. Even when some of those characters are officially said to be straight!

To be completely fair, this happens in EVERY fandom, not just FE. Naruto/Sasuke, Sora/Riku, Neku/Joshua fans, anyone? Not to mention all the other ones I missed?

God I hate Ike and Soren fanboys. They tend to be blind, stuck up, and arrogant and can't accept the fact that Ike (and even Soren, whom I actually think could be gay for Ike) could be straight or even bi. They also seem to not want to accept that due to Ike being given a descendant in the form of Paris, he most likely married a woman and had kids with her.

Be careful what you say there. I know you didn't outright say that "all Ike/Soren fans" were the things you described. But a lot of fans of heterosexual pairings that make lots of sense and are part of the game ending also tend to be "blind, stuck up, and arrogant" and can't accept that "it's one option IS gave us, and it's not officially canon so stop saying it like it is." This behavior isn't limited to just Ike/Soren fans, or even only fans of certain pairings. It extends to everyone.

Ah, this is a funny thread.

Pokemon definitely makes #1 on my list. Fire Emblem fans can be arrogant, sure, but we are far from the worst. I've had some awful experiences on Pokemon forums. Can't say much about other games, though I'm sure there is no such thing as a 'good' fanbase.

It wouldn't hurt for people to be slightly nicer, in general. Games are supposed to be fun, and fanbases are supposed to compliment that.

To be completely fair, this happens in EVERY fandom, not just FE. Naruto/Sasuke, Sora/Riku, Neku/Joshua fans, anyone? Not to mention all the other ones I missed?

Finally, someone who ISN'T attacking or trolling me gives me a response. I don't pay attention to those fandoms because I don't pay attention to those franchises, so I didn't know about them. I apologize.

Be careful what you say there. I know you didn't outright say that "all Ike/Soren fans" were the things you described. But a lot of fans of heterosexual pairings that make lots of sense and are part of the game ending also tend to be "blind, stuck up, and arrogant" and can't accept that "it's one option IS gave us, and it's not officially canon so stop saying it like it is." This behavior isn't limited to just Ike/Soren fans, or even only fans of certain pairings. It extends to everyone.

This is true. Except most heterosexual pairings I see this happen with don't make sense, at least to me. Kent and Sain are the best example of this. Sain is clearly only obsessed with women. So why would he be gay/bi for Kent? I don't think Ike and Soren makes sense either. Soren might be gay, that much I'll admit. But Ike? Ike's sexuality is pretty much unknown, first of all (though with Paris's creation, he's most likely either bi or straight). Second, to those who use that scene where Ike hugs Soren as an excuse to ship them, Ike hugged him to comfort him. Soren was upset and crying. I'd have done the same. And I know this from experience, because a girl my age hugged me once when I was crying. Were we lesbian for each other? No. And what I hate the most is that every pair of same-gender close friends gets the heterosexual treatment. Like I said, just because they're close friends doesn't mean they have to be gay for each other. I'm not saying they have to be straight either though. Some of these pairs could certainly be gay, but not all of them.

I am in no way intending to bash people just because they ship gay pairings. They're free to ship them all they want. I've actually met some sensible Ike and Soren fans, though they're few and far between. So yeah. I'm just speaking against the way some fans act.

Edited by Anacybele

... why? This ... seems pretty much just like your excuse to bash other pairings around :p

You hate 95% of the cast. Da hell you talkin bout Furrychin?

Finally, someone who ISN'T attacking or trolling me gives me a response. I don't pay attention to those fandoms because I don't pay attention to those franchises, so I didn't know about them. I apologize.

It's good, I just wanted to make sure you knew that overzealous yaoi/yuri fanboys/fangirls who take every little thing as "evidence" aren't unique to FE alone. It's pretty much a fandom thing in general and happens everywhere applicable.

This is true. Except most heterosexual pairings I see this happen with don't make sense, at least to me.

You're a member on fanfiction.net, as am I, so I'm sure you're not unfamiliar with some of the pairings that are most commonly shipped there. What I am talking about are people who vehemently argue the merits of other pairing possibilities for their OTP and/or declare that the one that they support is canon, no doubt about it. Such as a Hector/Lyn shipper or a Kent/Lyn shipper saying that their OTP is canon and immediately dismissing their other options without even admitting they have merits. (Or worse, completely and purposely misinterpreting a rival character's personality to justify their OTP.)

Kent and Sain are the best example of this. Sain is clearly only obsessed with women. So why would he be gay/bi for Kent? I don't think Ike and Soren makes sense either. Soren might be gay, that much I'll admit. But Ike? Ike's sexuality is pretty much unknown, first of all (though with Paris's creation, he's most likely either bi or straight). Second, to those who use that scene where Ike hugs Soren as an excuse to ship them, Ike hugged him to comfort him. Soren was upset and crying. I'd have done the same. And I know this from experience, because a girl my age hugged me once when I was crying. Were we lesbian for each other? No. And what I hate the most is that every pair of same-gender close friends gets the heterosexual treatment. Like I said, just because they're close friends doesn't mean they have to be gay for each other. I'm not saying they have to be straight either though. Some of these pairs could certainly be gay, but not all of them.

I have to agree that it gets rather annoying when every pair of same-sex close friends ends up being shipped as a couple for every little reason that fans can come up with. However, my point was that yaoi/yuri fans are not the only ones who are "blind" and "arrogant". I've seen plenty of fans of heterosexual pairings who do the same. Like some Zutarans from Avatar: The Last Airbender shipping or certain Dramione fans from Harry Potter. I dislike fans who claim to know better than the creator and that the creator "screwed up" for not putting in their OTP.

I am in no way intending to bash people just because they ship gay pairings. They're free to ship them all they want. I've actually met some sensible Ike and Soren fans, though they're few and far between. So yeah. I'm just speaking against the way some fans act.

And I understand. I just ask that you keep in mind that this is true of certain shippers of ALL pairings, and not just limited to shippers of a certain pairing.

It's good, I just wanted to make sure you knew that overzealous yaoi/yuri fanboys/fangirls who take every little thing as "evidence" aren't unique to FE alone. It's pretty much a fandom thing in general and happens everywhere applicable.

Mkay, that's fair enough.

You're a member on fanfiction.net, as am I, so I'm sure you're not unfamiliar with some of the pairings that are most commonly shipped there. What I am talking about are people who vehemently argue the merits of other pairing possibilities for their OTP and/or declare that the one that they support is canon, no doubt about it. Such as a Hector/Lyn shipper or a Kent/Lyn shipper saying that their OTP is canon and immediately dismissing their other options without even admitting they have merits. (Or worse, completely and purposely misinterpreting a rival character's personality to justify their OTP.)

Ohhh, I see. I admit that I've done extensive research to support my beliefs about IkexElincia being very possible (not saying definitely canon or anything) and that I've debated a good bit on the subject. But yeah, I don't go around saying it's the only pairing that matters or can happen or anything dumb like that, so I understand this.

I have to agree that it gets rather annoying when every pair of same-sex close friends ends up being shipped as a couple for every little reason that fans can come up with. However, my point was that yaoi/yuri fans are not the only ones who are "blind" and "arrogant". I've seen plenty of fans of heterosexual pairings who do the same. Like some Zutarans from Avatar: The Last Airbender shipping or certain Dramione fans from Harry Potter. I dislike fans who claim to know better than the creator and that the creator "screwed up" for not putting in their OTP.

I see. I do think IS screwed up with RD's endings, though. I would have made several more pairings and endings available as options, some that aren't even any of my OTPs, though without taking away the pairings that are already there. I think many things could've made them better, not just the addition of an IkexElincia ending.

And I understand. I just ask that you keep in mind that this is true of certain shippers of ALL pairings, and not just limited to shippers of a certain pairing.

But of course.

I see. I do think IS screwed up with RD's endings, though. I would have made several more pairings and endings available as options, some that aren't even any of my OTPs, though without taking away the pairings that are already there. I think many things could've made them better, not just the addition of an IkexElincia ending.

I feel that RD as a whole could've had more effort. People who've started out with FE 6-8 and are used to paired endings probably felt cheated, but I didn't think too much about RD endings aside from slight disappointment that Ike/Elincia was sunk, then moved on.

What I was actually talking about was more of the following: certain AtLA fans calling the creators stupid for not ending the series in Zutara and saying that the creators didn't understand the characters that they themselves had created. Harry Potter fans yelling at Rowling because the story didn't end with Harry/Hermione or Hermione/Draco or whatever pairing they wanted. Just being general brats about something that they had no control over how the story should've gone.

(The thing about FE is that they do give you a few open-ended options, like pairings in FE4 and FE13 and endings in FE 6-8 and supports in the games that had them. Also, I don't mind if fans are disappointed in a certain ending to a show/book/game and thought that it could've been done better. What I dislike are fans being immature brats about it.)

I feel that RD as a whole could've had more effort. People who've started out with FE 6-8 and are used to paired endings probably felt cheated, but I didn't think too much about RD endings aside from slight disappointment that Ike/Elincia was sunk, then moved on.

Well, I really really loved them as a pairing, so the lack of a paired ending for those two was harder for me to deal with.

What I was actually talking about was more of the following: certain AtLA fans calling the creators stupid for not ending the series in Zutara and saying that the creators didn't understand the characters that they themselves had created. Harry Potter fans yelling at Rowling because the story didn't end with Harry/Hermione or Hermione/Draco or whatever pairing they wanted. Just being general brats about something that they had no control over how the story should've gone.

Yeah, I understand. That IS a stupid way to act.

(The thing about FE is that they do give you a few open-ended options, like pairings in FE4 and FE13 and endings in FE 6-8 and supports in the games that had them. Also, I don't mind if fans are disappointed in a certain ending to a show/book/game and thought that it could've been done better. What I dislike are fans being immature brats about it.)

Yes, very true. I dislike when they're brats about it too.

Well, I can only really talk about fandoms in terms of shipping.

Here, let me give you two fanbases that are designed for shipping facepalms:

1. Yu-Gi-Oh! (all of them)

2. Prince of Tennis (granted, there's hardly any girls, but that doesn't mean all the guys want to do each other)

Here, let me give you two fanbases that are designed for shipping facepalms:

1. Yu-Gi-Oh! (all of them)

Beaver Warrior x Dark Magician Girl OTP.

Edited by Zak defender of...

And also to be fair, most of the Ike/Soren "fanboys" are girls. Most of the people shipping male/male tend to be girls. The fanboys tend to lean more towards female/female. Just saying. :P

And also to be fair, most of the Ike/Soren "fanboys" are girls. Most of the people shipping male/male tend to be girls. The fanboys tend to lean more towards female/female. Just saying. :P

Huh. I must be a rare specimen then, because if I had to choose between yaoi and yuri, I'd go with yuri and I'm a girl. I just find a guy loving/kissing another guy more unappealing than a girl doing the same thing with another girl.

Also, I'm an Ike fangirl who pairs him with Elincia. I hear that most Ike fangirls put him with Soren. But I've met a few other Ike fangirls who don't. And they all put him with Elincia. :D

Edited by Anacybele

I did some bits in POTW on Serebii, but I'm not that much of a competitive battler at the moment.. That and the fact that people were a bit to harsh there. One of the reasons I like SF a bit better is the fact that people tend to not directly shoot you down or anything. Serenes has been pretty good so far. D***it why did I just say that

So I'd say Pokemon, Sonic, and Possibly CoD.. Great game, aside from the squeaky 5 year old ragequitters on mics. Yeah.

Huh. I must be a rare specimen then, because if I had to choose between yaoi and yuri, I'd go with yuri and I'm a girl. I just find a guy loving/kissing another guy more unappealing than a girl doing the same thing with another girl.

Also, I'm an Ike fangirl who pairs him with Elincia. I hear that most Ike fangirls put him with Soren. But I've met a few other Ike fangirls who don't. And they all put him with Elincia. :D

I'm a fan of no one/no one, unless the story explicitly marries them - let everyone stay single!

I forgot that another fan base that's terrible in regards to shipping is the Tales one.

Shipping in general brings out the worst in people and part of me really wishes people wouldnt do that. Like take Ike/Soren. I have no beef with this and i can see it both ways. Platonic or otherwise. I dont understand why this attracts so much ire. Ike/Elincia fans need to realize that ship has sailed because...she digs Geoffrey and he digs....unclear. Its when people do yaoi or yuri pairings that make absolutely no sense that pisses me off. Horny buggers. lol.

EDIT: Now I remember why I left this forum in the first place...

And many of us wonder why you came back...

Somehow I've got a feeling like we're going from "What video game has the worst fanbase?" to "What fanbase ships the worst OTPs?" if this continues...

I've got to say, that some people are right about us. There are tons of characters in the FE-Universe. Really tons. And now there are some people, who endlessly argue about which character is more efficient than the other one, creating tier list after tier list and yell at each other because they think one specific character should be one place higher/lower than it is, etc... Or bash at a person because they don't like using a character...

I mean, where's the fun in that?

I've got to say, that some people are right about us. There are tons of characters in the FE-Universe. Really tons. And now there are some people, who endlessly argue about which character is more efficient than the other one, creating tier list after tier list and yell at each other because they think one specific character should be one place higher/lower than it is, etc... Or bash at a person because they don't like using a character...

I mean, where's the fun in that?

There's some progress in the FE fanbase (well, this end of it anyway) that is steering away from this. Its slow going but its there. Of course there are still those Stop Having Fun Guys around who go "why the fuck arent you using [insert character here]? Why are you using Fiona?" But now its more like "YOU DONT PLAY HARD MODE! YOU SUCK!" or "LTCs bitches." Its like...yeah some of us dont hang that way and play the game however the hell we want! Ya know?

Exactly. My point. I don't try to play as efficient or fast as possible, I try to achieve as much enjoyment as I can get. Even if that means that I often use the same characters in some playthroughs. It's just fun to see them grow, share relationships with others and turn out different from what you'd expect.