Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elibian Nights is free for anybody to LP. Hope you enjoy the game!

Speaking of the game (if you know what I'm talking about, you just lost, by the way), have a screenshot. The Final Tale is complete, so it's time to start getting some work done with Lyn's.

RpOAuCI.png

Nice sprite(really nice, except the face doesn't really look like Lyn)

Edit: Closer look, I think it's the eyes. They're too dark.

Edited by Nayr Farros

Speaking of the game (if you know what I'm talking about, you just lost, by the way),

FUUUUU

have a screenshot. The Final Tale is complete, so it's time to start getting some work done with Lyn's.

RpOAuCI.png

Oooo. I like that sprite. I feel like she might be a little pale, but otherwise that thing is gorgeous. I'm really looking forward to the next release.

they have been redesigned to look less animu and more mature

Well it's always going to be anime styled unless they get rid of the large eyes/irises, rainbow hair colors, and whatnot.

My qualms with the sprite is that the eyes need a little more light/white in them. As it is now, they look like dark blotches when zoomed out.

The left eye is also too high for the angle, making the face look more crooked than the head is. Either that or the ear is too low(most ears on people are almost high enough to align with the eyebrows.)

Her complexion is also too cold. She's pale as a ghost. Her sacaen blood gives her a warmer tone.

Edited by Nayr Farros

Every time I unveil a new sprite...this thread turns into sprite critique central. Can't please 'em all, I guess. But jesus fuck, every time...

(most ears on people are almost high enough to align with the eyebrows.)

They look at a similar level on a smack-center front view and that's it. Lyn is not on a smack-center front view and eyebrows should be higher than the ears in terms of actual facial surface curvature alignment.

In a project that's focused more on the writing than the art (not diminishing the glorious work people have contributed), you'd think the writing would be the subject most criticized. And don't I recall Arch requesting that if people have qualms with the sprite they bring it up to the artist directly?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the finished project. Lyn's tale didn't really feel that different from the other Tales to me, but if Arch wants to make it better, that's always welcome. Keep up the good work!

Edited by DualSilverGunner

Every time I unveil a new sprite...this thread turns into sprite critique central. Can't please 'em all' date=' I guess. But jesus fuck, every time...[/s']

There's no where else to critique on EN's sprites. And you're solid pretty much everywhere else, so it's either going to be cnc or people gawking and going "ooh. . . pretty!" :p

In a project that's focused more on the writing than the art (not diminishing the glorious work people have contributed), you'd think the writing would be the subject most criticized. And don't I recall Arch requesting that if people have qualms with the sprite they bring it up to the artist directly?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the finished project. Lyn's tale didn't really feel that different from the other Tales to me, but if Arch wants to make it better, that's always welcome. Keep up the good work!

EN is written pretty well. There isn't much to criticize and I've already said my peace on most of the things.

EN is written pretty well. There isn't much to criticize and I've already said my peace on most of the things.

Not much to criticize? Bullshit.

>that sprite looks too mature

where have i heard this before

She's aged by four years. Better damn well be more mature.

The moral of the story? I'm not allowed to ever redesign lords in my projects. Ever.

It it just me or does she look really pale? Is it my monitor?

Yeah, we've already addressed that. No paleness in the final version.

While it's technically an excellent sprite, I don't like it because It doesn't look like the FE style. Unless you feel like redesigning every single sprite, It'll look incredibly out of place.

This is always a concern, definitely. Especially since spriters are making sprites that look better than the original Intelligent Systems ones. If it was a huge issue, I'd definitely look at it. However, I think this sprite works better than you'd think.

mcf5Ch1.png

Doesn't stick out too terribly, I'd say.

Edited by Archiblad

What can I say? Aside from my thoughts on Lyn's tale(which you are working on now,) I've got nothing to complain about in the writing.

This is always a concern, definitely. Especially since spriters are making sprites that look better than the original Intelligent Systems ones. If it was a huge issue, I'd definitely look at it. However, I think this sprite works better than you'd think.

mcf5Ch1.png

Doesn't stick out too terribly, I'd say.

Nope. Though it does make Rath look inferior next to her. lol

But you've heard my thoughts on the sprite. It's not the style, it's just a couple of perceived errors. Skin is too pale. Left eye is a pixel too high, the eyes are too dark and look a little blotchy when zoomed out, and the ear is too low for the angle of the head. All of which can be changed in five minutes. Other than that, it's superb.

Edited by Nayr Farros

the sprite is amazing but the neck makes no sense, try moving the whole skeleton some pixel to the right. Also, that right eye should go higher, and the skin has to be made deeper.

Anyways, aside from me snapping at Ubel, I'll post something else so that I'm not being useless too.

8W3YGgy.png

Someone mentioned that Lyn and Kent should have a conversation...right? I'm writing so many new 'Talk' events for this chapter it isn't even funny.

:awesome: That was me. So glad you decided to have them conversate. I can't wait to see what it's about. Will Kent go crazy and decide to start a homicidal ramage? That'd be an awesome sidequest.

It is the best written hack I've seen. That said, if you're interested, I'd be more than happy to go over it and give you some feedback.

About the sprite, is it just me or does her head seem too big? Then, the piece of cloth around the neck seems a bit odd. Maybe if it were more of a collar attached to the coat. Aside from those two things, it looks great.

Also, out of curiosity, are y'all going to make new sprites for Rath, Kent, Sain, and possibly Guy (don't actually remember if he had a new sprite or not)?

Edited by bottlegnomes

the sprite is amazing but the neck makes no sense, try moving the whole skeleton some pixel to the right. Also, that right eye should go higher, and the skin has to be made deeper.

Incorrect, the left eye should be lower and the ear higher to be anatomically correct for the angle.

Also that's mostly the scarf. It makes the neck feel fat. But that's more shallow than anything,

Since when does Madelyn have green hair?

Actually, since when has she actually been alive after fe7?

Madelyn wasn't even alive in FE7.

Also as I recall, Elibian Nights takes place in the same Expanded Universe as Immortal Sword/FE7x, and in that, Madelyn has blonde hair.

I get this very strong feeling that Arch doesn't want any of this in his thread, so I am going to say my piece:

If you want to critique the sprite then take it to the artists (which I believe is AthenaWrym and Niharu, though I could be wrong). You are wasting your time complaining about it here, so stop. It's not necessary for everyone to throw in their two cents and bog down this hacking thread with sprite critique. It's not what this thread is for.

I am sure if Arch wanted to receive copious amounts of critique on every new portrait that he posted then he would ask for it, otherwise you can assume that he is not looking for the sprite to be critiqued here.

tl;dr - stop posting sprite critique in a hacking thread when it is quite clear that Arch is not looking for it.

I get this very strong feeling that Arch doesn't want any of this in his thread, so I am going to say my piece:

If you want to critique the sprite then take it to the artists (which I believe is AthenaWrym and Niharu, though I could be wrong). You are wasting your time complaining about it here, so stop. It's not necessary for everyone to throw in their two cents and bog down this hacking thread with sprite critique. It's not what this thread is for.

I am sure if Arch wanted to receive copious amounts of critique on every new portrait that he posted then he would ask for it, otherwise you can assume that he is not looking for the sprite to be critiqued here.

tl;dr - stop posting sprite critique in a hacking thread when it is quite clear that Arch is not looking for it.

Marry me.

Anyways, back to work for me. I gots a game to finish.

Edited by Archiblad