How many players actually care about turn count?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some do it for bragging rights. Others do it to push themselves. Still others do it because rankings do take turns into account (doesn't apply to FE8, of course). And then there's the drafting games, where turns are everything.

It all depends on perspective.

How many players care about growths, caps, or shiny green numbers?

See, it is indeed all about perspective

What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

the op talks about how it's irrelevant and doesn't matter

sharpy here brings up a similar point

---

In my case I really don't give a shit about any reward the game gives me. I like LTC because it's harder that way.

the op talks about how it's irrelevant and doesn't matter

sharpy here brings up a similar point

---

In my case I really don't give a shit about any reward the game gives me. I like LTC because it's harder that way.

no one was talking about any of those things, sharpy's response came off as passive aggressive

Edited by Paperblade

Only within draft situation, and usually it's to counter the evil that is Horace. Sharpy meant that some players like getting everyone to 20/20, capping stats or getting all the supports. I'd group playing for turns with all of these.

Edited by Shin Chan

Real gamers only care about the fun they have with the game, so no real gamers care about turn counts.

Because clearly anyone who tries to get low turn counts is doing it precisely because it isn't fun. It's not like anyone does it because they enjoy challenging themselves, especially in games they know inside and out at this point so that playing them normally is simply too easy at this point.

Real gamers only care about the fun they have with the game, so no real gamers care about turn counts.

Well that's not true at all, butI don't do LTC's. Takes the fun out for me. I like going into maps with only the characters I plan on using for endgame and routing every chapter without any deaths.

Well, getting into LTC is kinda easy now.

Due to all the strats laid out in the logs.

And, it's funny as shit seeing Horace(Without fliers/combat mounts) use BOOTS!DORCAS to beat everyone else's TCs.

And, besides.

Who doesn't like the challenge?

Only in Drafts or Actual low turn playthroughs. Sure, people like a challange.. but if I'm just playing casually, I don't really think about it too much. It's just a number showing how addicted to the game you were I guess xD

Well, I'm not much of an LTC or Casual player.

What's the term for it? oh yeah. Casual Efficiency, I guess.

I get a little pleasure when a unit caps something, but I don't really care that much about caps.

Growths, are little to nothing to worry about, because bases make the unit get off the ground.

(Which is why HM Percival and Miledy are among the best units in fe6 HM)

Please tell me this isn't gonna turn into KoTs LTC shitfest thread from several months back.

A lot of times it matters what kind of a playthrough I want to do. If its a turns focused playthrough, then I'll use the best resources and units available to try and figure out the quickest, most efficient way to beat the game to challenge myself. Other times its a matter of using new units, making support chains to learn more about them and trying out new ways of playing to discover some fun or interesting things about the game. Both are equally fun, but very different experiences to be sure. Both are just ways to rediscover a game after I've beaten it a time or two and both are enjoyable breaks for the 'vanilla' way to play.

Low turn counts, but not usually lowest turns possible. I try to do maps more quickly just as a natural facet of "if i do it faster it means i'm getting better" just like with every single other videogame.

That said, generally speaking if I see a turn I could have shaved hell no am I going to reset for it, but I'll always try to improve myself and turncounts are the primary way of measuring that.

What's the point in unlocking Hard Mode? I mean, there's no reward for playing Hard Mode.

The unique maps, enemies, and events within the mode can be seen as reward, though you're jumping into a corner. Unlocking a reward, and using the reward, are two different things.

If you're going to seek a regression, all things are ultimately pointless, from the games, to the rewards, to the unlocks, to playing them, to enjoying them, and all beyond. Your post is pointless, as is mine. Enjoy it.