NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Niners put up a good fight. I still hate the Ravens though. But nice that the Steelers still have the most Super Bowl wins, so those Ravens did something good! Steelers forever! <3

Yeah!!!! Hahahaha I'm so happy!!! Umbc will be hungover tomorrow!!!

Anacybele shut the f up about the steelers. They didnt even hit the playoffs

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah!!!! Hahahaha I'm so happy!!! Umbc will be hungover tomorrow!!!

Anacybele shut the f up about the steelers. They didnt even hit the playoffs

The Ravens win still helped them, you jerk. I can be happy about that all I want, thank you.

I think Stafford and Flacco have the best pure arms in the NFL. I'm not talking about being the best (though Flacco is def up there now) quarterback in the NFL, just the best arm. Those two throw 50+ yard throws with ease and don't look like they're even trying

I think Stafford and Flacco have the best pure arms in the NFL. I'm not talking about being the best (though Flacco is def up there now) quarterback in the NFL, just the best arm. Those two throw 50+ yard throws with ease and don't look like they're even trying

Ha, Ben throws way better than that. He can throw at least 60 yards, I believe. Maybe 70. The guy has a total cannon for an arm.

we will see how good he is in the fall. He's elite in the post season and average in the regular

Ha, Ben throws way better than that. He can throw at least 60 yards, I believe. Maybe 70. The guy has a total cannon for an arm.

You know just because Rothlisberger is a good QB doesn't mean he's the best. Stafford and Flacco definitely have two of the strongest arms. I remember Jason Campbell was also on this list, Cutler's got a cannon, and Kaepernick could throw threw brick walls but idk how his distance is.(Kaep definitely throws hardest though)

I was sad the 49ers couldn't pull it out. Thought they had it. The Ravens got everything they needed to happen happen. That's how super bowl's are won, you've got to be so lucky.(And the 49ers would've been very lucky to come back from that hole with the whole blackout thing killing the momentum[Also saying that as a Giants fan. Just remembering the San Fran game last year is crazy, Kyle Williams...])

Ben's got a cannon too, but his arm isn't as strong as those two guys trust me. Flacco and Stafford could throw that far as well, probably even farther, but the point I was making isn't that they could make those throws, but how easily they could do it. I'm talking about how natural and effortless they look doing so. They don't stand back and put their entire body into the throw like everyone else has to, they just chuck it so far and so hard without even trying. If you look at the film you'd see what I mean.

we will see how good he is in the fall. He's elite in the post season and average in the regular

It's not that he's average, he's just too inconsistent. Like you said before, it feels like he just takes some games off and other games he tries hard. He's had the potential to be elite since he got in the league, but I don't think he truly reaches it until he has a consistently dominant season the way Brees, Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and Brady have had in the past. It's hard to truly gauge how good he is right now because even though you feel like you have to give Brady and Peyton Manning the edge due to their career dominance, Flacco did just outduel both of them to get to the Super Bowl to begin with.

You know just because Rothlisberger is a good QB doesn't mean he's the best. Stafford and Flacco definitely have two of the strongest arms. I remember Jason Campbell was also on this list, Cutler's got a cannon, and Kaepernick could throw threw brick walls but idk how his distance is.(Kaep definitely throws hardest though)

I was sad the 49ers couldn't pull it out. Thought they had it. The Ravens got everything they needed to happen happen. That's how super bowl's are won, you've got to be so lucky.(And the 49ers would've been very lucky to come back from that hole with the whole blackout thing killing the momentum[Also saying that as a Giants fan. Just remembering the San Fran game last year is crazy, Kyle Williams...])

Big Ben's probably the best third down QB and great at dodging incoming tacklers, but as strong as his arm his I don't think it matches up to the guys we've mentioned. Cutler is definitely up there as well. He's a close third to me, but maybe that's just my subconscious Lions fan bias kicking in. Campbell's an afterthought lol. Kaep has a laser arm since he was a (at least) 90 mph pitcher beforehand, but yeah I'm not sure just how far he throws it.

Do you think the 49ers would have made it so close if they didn't have the blackout though? I don't. That blackout gave them time to mentally calm down and poise themselves, and allowed them to start finishing plays. The only controversy towards this Ravens win was that no call on 4th down in the redzone where the 49ers could have possibly been able to get 4 more plays and possibly score a TD. Other than that though, I think the Ravens played just a bit better. It was a really fun game to watch, even though I picked the wrong team to win.

I never said I thought Ben was the best. In fact, I don't. I think Peyton Manning is the best, then Ben. :P

But yeah, Ben can sure damn convert 3rd downs, extend plays, and break/avoid tackles. Heck, he's not all that slow either, though he's not fast.

I don't get how Flacco can have a stronger arm though. Ben is like twice his size, which means he's got bigger, more muscley arms.

It's not that he's average, he's just too inconsistent. Like you said before, it feels like he just takes some games off and other games he tries hard. He's had the potential to be elite since he got in the league, but I don't think he truly reaches it until he has a consistently dominant season the way Brees, Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and Brady have had in the past. It's hard to truly gauge how good he is right now because even though you feel like you have to give Brady and Peyton Manning the edge due to their career dominance, Flacco did just outduel both of them to get to the Super Bowl to begin with.

It generally averages out. It's hard to gauge where he is right now because of Caldwell too I believe, because their first REAL game together (Broncos game didn't count) was the Giants game, then the playoffs - where Flacco begins to dominate. We'll see what happens from here on out.

Mad kudos to the 49ers. They played a good game and Kaepernick was fun to watch as always.

Maybe if we all anacbyle, she'll stfu about the Steelers. Seriously, you may hate them as a rival, but at least have the courtesy to give them (and their fans) the satisfaction of winning a second SB without having to try and 1-up everything with a Steelers comparison. It's people like that this that make me loathe certain teams, not the teams themselves. Talk about sour grapes.

I'm glad the Ravens won. Lewis is done and can ride off into the sunset on the highest note possible (a la Michael Strahan). Maybe Ed Reed will decide to retire alongsied his defensive buddy/stalwart Ray. I think Jacoby Jones deserved the MVP for that kickoff return though... that was so surreal watching history in the making (no steeler's record to match anything like it). And fuck you beyonce, thanks for overloading the damn electrical systems with your fancy fireworks and light show. Jeez

I never said I thought Ben was the best. In fact, I don't. I think Peyton Manning is the best, then Ben. :P

But yeah, Ben can sure damn convert 3rd downs, extend plays, and break/avoid tackles. Heck, he's not all that slow either, though he's not fast.

I don't get how Flacco can have a stronger arm though. Ben is like twice his size, which means he's got bigger, more muscley arms.

Ben's top 10 at best right now though. He hasn't looked so hot ever since his injury (except the Browns game, but lolBrowns). I think he'll be fine next year though if he can chill and just recover. That man's always playing with some injury but you wonder if it'll ever just get to him and he'll start slipping. Yeah he's not really fast like Kaepernick fast, but he's not like Tom Brady slow or anything. He can move around the pocket well and occasionally break off for a run for a first down and just make plays. I just think he isn't as good as he used to be, or maybe it's just that everyone else has improved and he hasn't. Haha Flacco is a pretty big dude himself though. Looks may be deceiving!

It generally averages out. It's hard to gauge where he is right now because of Caldwell too I believe, because their first REAL game together (Broncos game didn't count) was the Giants game, then the playoffs - where Flacco begins to dominate. We'll see what happens from here on out.

Mad kudos to the 49ers. They played a good game and Kaepernick was fun to watch as always.

Man Caldwell has been so good for Flacco though. I was talking to my friend about it during the Super bowl and the thing is Caldwell just lets Flacco take control of the game and go from there. When Flacco plays to his tempo, he's pretty good.

Yeah 49ers will definitely back. It was good for some of the guys to watch the Ravens celebrate and fuel them to play even harder next year. You know Jim Harbaugh is pissed. Kaep is a great player though and someone you can build a franchise around. Even without his leg his laser arm will get them places.

I'm glad the Ravens won. Lewis is done and can ride off into the sunset on the highest note possible (a la Michael Strahan). Maybe Ed Reed will decide to retire alongsied his defensive buddy/stalwart Ray. I think Jacoby Jones deserved the MVP for that kickoff return though... that was so surreal watching history in the making (no steeler's record to match anything like it). And fuck you beyonce, thanks for overloading the damn electrical systems with your fancy fireworks and light show. Jeez

Nah I think Flacco deserved it. One or two plays doesn't dictate a game, and apart from his two TDs he was shut down pretty well. Flacco dictated the game from the beginning and controlled it into a win, and put the team on his back. I think he was the biggest factor in their win and deserved the MVP. Also it was worth it Beyonce was sexy as hell hahaha.

Ben's top 10 at best right now though. He hasn't looked so hot ever since his injury (except the Browns game, but lolBrowns). I think he'll be fine next year though if he can chill and just recover. That man's always playing with some injury but you wonder if it'll ever just get to him and he'll start slipping. Yeah he's not really fast like Kaepernick fast, but he's not like Tom Brady slow or anything. He can move around the pocket well and occasionally break off for a run for a first down and just make plays. I just think he isn't as good as he used to be, or maybe it's just that everyone else has improved and he hasn't. Haha Flacco is a pretty big dude himself though. Looks may be deceiving!

True, but that means Ben can play well even while hurt! And I've seen him make great plays while hurt too. But you're right, injuries do slow even him down. Sometimes literally. lol

Maybe if we all anacbyle, she'll stfu about the Steelers. Seriously, you may hate them as a rival, but at least have the courtesy to give them (and their fans) the satisfaction of winning a second SB without having to try and 1-up everything with a Steelers comparison. It's people like that this that make me loathe certain teams, not the teams themselves. Talk about sour grapes.

For your information, I wouldn't have brought the Steelers up if their first place Super Bowl record hadn't been on the fucking line. So you stfu.