What endings would you have made possible in Radiant Dawn?

Not all of those Ike/Soren fics may be romantic though. They could just be the two main characters. The IkexElincia fics in my archive were checked for romance and they all have some form of it going on between both characters.

Also, typing in just Ike and Elincia won't give you every single fic with the pairing in it. My archive has 60 stories. A couple are crossovers though.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that applies to Ike x Soren as well. Typing Ike and Soren wont yield every fic about the two either.

Also, if we narrow down the tagged Ike x Soren fics to the Romance genre, we still get 169 results.

I figure if they're not in the title, they're probably not as significant in the story..

By my experiments, I got 330 for Ike Soren, 183 tagged romance

I got 53 for Ike Elincia, 35 tagged romance.

50 / 28 for Geoffrey Elincia though, so that's something.

True, true. But just because they're not listed as the two main characters doesn't mean the pairing doesn't still exist in the story. In fact, only one of my fics actually has Ike and Elincia listed as such, but I've technically written several where they are known to share a romance with each other.

Because IS pretty much already confirmed that they never were in love? Ike has a direct descendant in the form of Paris, meaning he must have married a woman and had children with her. He obviously isn't the type to just make babies out of wedlock. :P:

Because IS pretty much already confirmed that they never were in love? Ike has a direct descendant in the form of Paris, meaning he must have married a woman and had children with her. He obviously isn't the type to just make babies out of wedlock. :P:

Umm... when was this? I am calling bullshit on this claim.

It's not a lie. Paris is a SpotPass character for FE: Awakening. He says he's the descendant of the Hero of the Blue Flames, aka Ike. My Unit asks Krom who that is, and Krom answers that he was a legendary hero that traveled to Iris long ago.

And there are clues that hint at the truth in Paris's words. He looks like Ike, he carries Ragnell (whose blessing has worn away over time, because it can now break), and his name was Ike's prototype name in the early stages of PoR's development. I have no doubt that IS intended for Paris not to be a liar.

Edited by Anacybele

Ike having descendants and Ike being homosexual/bisexual are not mutually exclusive.

As a side note, Marth was called Anri's descendant in FE3 despite being descended from Anri's brother.

Perhaps Paris is descended from Mist?

It's not a lie. Paris is a SpotPass character for FE: Awakening. He says he's the descendant of the Hero of the Blue Flames, aka Ike. My Unit asks Krom who that is, and Krom answers that he was a legendary hero that traveled to Iris long ago.

And there are clues that hint at the truth in Paris's words. He looks like Ike, he carries Ragnell (whose blessing has worn away over time, because it can now break), and his name was Ike's prototype name in the early stages of PoR's development. I have no doubt that IS intended for Paris not to be a liar.

All circumstantial. No hard evidence here and until then, IkexSoren flies.

Besides, Soren LOOKS like a girl sometimes. Very possible that he has a vagina.

He obviously isn't the type who would want anything to do with royalty either. Marrying Elincia would instantly make him a noble, and Ike stated more than once he wants nothing to do with that.

Edited by Jave

Ike having descendants and Ike being homosexual/bisexual are not mutually exclusive.

As a side note, Marth was called Anri's descendant in FE3 despite being descended from Anri's brother.

Perhaps Paris is descended from Mist?

I doubt it. Why make Paris look like IKE then, and carry Ragnell too? And he has Ike's original name as well, as I stated. Not to mention Mist is not known to have left Tellius while Ike is. If IS wanted Paris to be descended from Mist, I doubt these things about him would be true.

And I never said anything about Elincia. Ike could've married an unnamed female as well.

Don't understand why Ike/Soren can't be romantic. Seriously. We homophobe or something?

It seems people (not directing this at anyone in particular) have a harder time accepting a yaoi pairing as an actual possibility than yuri or even stuff like FE8 twincest. The issue is not homophobia or "morality", so why do people care so much? Plus, they are just ships. Are people offended one thinks a fictional character is gay? Ships are supposed to be fun.

Of course, if you just don't like the ship then it's not an issue. I'm not really keen on Ike/Soren myself. I wasn't aware Ike/Ranulf had shippers though, that sounds interesting : ]

lmfao I find it hilarious the idea that having a descendant automatically makes a character straight.

You can have kids and still be uninterested in sex.

Not biological children. The only way a person could have a biological child but never have sex is either through surrogacy or by having a doctor remove a woman's egg cell from her ovary, inject it with said person's sperm, and place the formed zygote into the woman's womb. But neither of these methods are possible with FE technology, obviously, because it requires knowledge of cells and how they work, which are microscopic and require microscopes to see, which are obviously not in FE.

And I'm pretty sure IS intended for Paris to be a blood relative of Ike. Why go to all of the trouble to make them similar if they aren't really related at all?

Edited by Anacybele

Playing devil's advocate: Ike could just marry some girl and have kids while still having Soren as his one true love. Like Brokeback Mountain!

That's looking way too much into it though. I would just assume Ike settled down in Iris with said random girl, and move on.

And I'm pretty sure IS intended for Paris to be a blood relative of Ike. Why go to all of the trouble to make them similar if they aren't really related at all?

Paris being a descendant of Mist would still make Ike and Paris being blood relatives possible.

And on that same note, why go all the trouble of giving Ike and Soren a paired ending if they aren't "paired" at all?

I know a lot of gay couples with biological children. Of course it isn't a child of both parents, but gays and lesbians are not biologically incapable of having children. For all we know, Aimee forced herself on Ike one day and bam, conception. The fact is, we will never know the truth since IS has been very mum on any canon pairings of Ike with anyone.

For all we know, Aimee forced herself on Ike one day and bam, conception.

Oh my god I will now consider this as canon. I hope their child also calls him Ikey-poo.

Paris being a descendant of Mist would still make Ike and Paris being blood relatives possible.

And on that same note, why go all the trouble of giving Ike and Soren a paired ending if they aren't "paired" at all?

I reiterate Paris's several similarities to Ike. It wouldn't make sense for him to only be similar to Ike if he was actually descended from Mist. And that Ike and Soren ending wasn't intended to be a romantic pairing, that's why. There's a difference.

Also, how would Paris have gotten Ragnell if Ike isn't his direct ancestor? The only way would be if Ike and his descendants passed it down through the generations, since Mist remains in Tellius and Ike goes away, never to be seen in Tellius again.

Edited by Anacybele