What endings would you have made possible in Radiant Dawn?

Why wouldn't it make sense? Again, Anri is not a direct ancestor of Marth, but they could both wield Falchion. It might be a similar thing with Ragnell.

Doesn't Ragnell go back to Begnion after Ike's finished with it? And Paris claims to be a descendant of the "Hero of the Blue Flames". Both suggest Paris came from Tellius.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's in PoR. Ike might have kept Ragnell after RD or was given it back again. It doesn't say whether he returned it or not.

And no, we don't know where Paris was born at at all. Ike traveled to Iris, so he could've been born there as well. For all we know, he could've even been born in some unnamed land and also traveled to Iris later.

Edited by Anacybele

Logic time?

If Ike ran off with Soren, and we're using the Anri rule, then Mist x Boyd is canon.

If Mist x Boyd is specifically non-canon, then Ike got someone pregnant. This doesn't necessarily rule out Ike x Soren, but I can't imagine Soren being okay with it.

Logic shows that IS prefers not to make one pairing completely canon, so that's another reason that I don't believe Paris falls under the Anri rule and that I do believe IS wants us to imagine who Ike's wife is for ourselves. It's tradition for each lord to have gotten married at some point, so this works perfectly.

And I don't see why Soren would complain if Ike wants to settle down. In fact, I think he would support Ike no matter what his decision because he's f-ing loyal to him for life.

Edited by Anacybele

Anacybele, I think you're trying way too hard to disprove Ike x Soren, when no one here is saying the pairing is 100% canon, but simply stating all the possibilities that make Ike x Soren canonical and still fit with the FE13 thing.

You, on the other hand, don't seem to acknowledge that those possibilities even exist.

Those possibilities all exist. That's a fact. What doesn't exist is evidence to support that any of them is 100% true, which we won't know until IS tells us what really happened.

So I am not biased in any way.

I'll believe you as soon as Soren starts liking Laguz.

Even better, I'll believe you as soon as IS makes IkexElincia canon.

People do a quick search and come up with more than double the amount of IkexSoren fics, tagged with the word "romance". And you still say they have to be checked if they are romantic. Claiming IkexElincia is still the most popular. Same with every possibility that was just named, you diapprove of some because you don't like them, you've stated it yourself.

Tell me how that's possible if you are not Biased.

@ Topic: Personally I always Pair Ike & Soren in the game just because of the harsh life Soren has had, and it would kinda suck for him to have to be left behind for Ranulf, who wouldn't nearly as much hate Ike leaving.

Some. Not all of them. Sorry, but this is the truth.

This is your opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Doesn't mean that opinion has to be correct.

Ipso facto: You're wrong. Deal with it. You got 5 people telling you that it's possible but your fingers are stuck in your ears and you don't pay attention to a word they say.

Dear god, girl. Let your brain start working for a change.

@ Topic: Personally I always Pair Ike & Soren in the game just because of the harsh life Soren has had, and it would kinda suck for him to have to be left behind for Ranulf, who wouldn't nearly as much hate Ike leaving.

I prefer pairing Ike with no one, so he can go off on his journey with no strings attached, and pair Soren with Stefan, so he can go to the Branded village. Soren seems like the type who has trust issues, so I'd rather he find himself a nice Branded who won't die off on him so quickly.

Anacybele, just a quick thing: IS has canonised specific pairings before (See MarthXSheeda, SigurdXDiadora, PentXLouise, MicaiahXSothe and CallilXLargo, for example). That's not to say it has to happen here or happen all the time but they have done it.

Personally, I've always thought that both Soren and Ranulf left with Ike on his journey. Soren leaving with Ike makes more sense though so I'd guess that IkeXSoren is the canon pairing if only one is.

Eh, whatever, I thought Ike leaving Tellius forever was a less-than-satisfactory epilogue anyway. One of the many reasons that part of me likes to think of the majority of Radiant Dawn as a "what if?" scenario.

Edited by Dr. Silent

btw I would like to throw in my 75 cents

The likehood of MistXBoyd's freakseed leaving Tellius to find Ike (and ragnell) and ending up with Paris. Is bigger than the people loving queen of Crimea leaving after Ikeypoo. Even Mist's grandchild's child would most likely be able to find Soren/Ranulf chilling with Ragnell. Also the argument of Paris looking like Ike making him clearly not child of Mist is 50 shades of silly after all the Ike looks like Greill hype.

On completely unrealeated matter, what is Ranulf arrived Iris with Ike and is the ancestor of Taguel?

I'll believe you as soon as Soren starts liking Laguz.

Even better, I'll believe you as soon as IS makes IkexElincia canon.

People do a quick search and come up with more than double the amount of IkexSoren fics, tagged with the word "romance". And you still say they have to be checked if they are romantic. Claiming IkexElincia is still the most popular. Same with every possibility that was just named, you diapprove of some because you don't like them, you've stated it yourself.

Tell me how that's possible if you are not Biased.

I said fics NOT tagged with romance have to be checked. And also, not every fic with IkexElincia will list Ike and Elincia as the main characters. Mine doesn't, for example, but they're one of the major pairings.

CrashGordon: You do realize that most, if not all, of those pairings do not occur with paired game endings, right? I was referring to pairs that DO only happen by way of A support endings. And MicaiahxSothe doesn't count because you can delete their support.

Anyway, I would also rather have Soren go with Stefan to the Branded community. I believe it to be the best thing for him and he would make friends that he won't outlive by miles.

Edited by Anacybele

I said fics NOT tagged with romance have to be checked. And also, not every fic with IkexElincia will list Ike and Elincia as the main characters. Mine doesn't, for example, but they're one of the major pairings.

CrashGordon: You do realize that most, if not all, of those pairings do not occur with paired game endings, right? I was referring to pairs that DO only happen by way of A support endings. And MicaiahxSothe doesn't count because you can delete their support.

Anyway, I would also rather have Soren go with Stefan to the Branded community. I believe it to be the best thing for him and he would make friends that he won't outlive by miles.

YOU believe

YOU believe.

YOUR fic.

Look, there's fact and then there's opinion.

Anyways, pairings are nice gestures of speculation and should remain so.

Nobody said you're wrong, though. People said you're biased. KnollRoll.gif But you said some possibilities in this thread are not valid which is the same as saying people are wrong. For all we know, Paris could be the descendant of Mist and Random Village Boy-kun, and in that case, a total of zero FE9/10 pairings are canon. We can't prove or disprove that so that will be a possibility (and therefore, an opinion) like everything else mentioned in this thread, including Ike/Soren and Ike/Elincia.

And saying I'm biased means you probably think I'm wrong. At least that's the way I see it. I also said that I was not biased. I find that to be a bad way to act, so I at least try not to act that way.