What endings would you have made possible in Radiant Dawn?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My my, I wonder...

ftr, don't get angsty, it wasn't in reference to you in specific, rather the topic at whole, however the fact that you're actually asking isn't exactly...

Edited by Eltoshen

Cheekiness ill becomes you, sir. I like my answers straight on.

Alternately, I assume you're insinuating that I'm getting worked up about this. If you really think that, I have a question: why is essentially everybody's only response to my arguments to accuse me of "getting worked up" or "taking the internet seriously"?

Ike/Elincia does make sense, it's just that it also makes sense for them to have a curiously awkward and platonic relationship

I was talking about Soren/Micaiah. Ike/Elincia does indeed make sense.

My guess is that Florina is the shipper equivalent of an efficient player, and is disturbed by the shipper equivalent of Wendy being top of high tier.

Yeah more or less. LOL! Even my crack ships arent bonkers. Whomping Willow/Flying Ford Anglia. Yeah!

im just gonna shyly ask how the hell did this get to a ship thread

Because this topic is about what endings you would've added to RD, I guess? xP

Edited by Anacybele

Cheekiness ill becomes you, sir. I like my answers straight on.

Alternately, I assume you're insinuating that I'm getting worked up about this. If you really think that, I have a question: why is essentially everybody's only response to my arguments to accuse me of "getting worked up" or "taking the internet seriously"?

The aggressiveness and self-defense of your posts! I will have none of it! Off with ye head.

Integ, I don't have any reply to most of your points but I have a few I have something to say about, I hope that's okay.

Again, this strikes me as a "you are obviously wrong because my canon is more likely than your canon" thing.

I don't think she came across that way to me, I think she was just saying:

1) She didn't like the pairing and found it icky. Maybe an overreaction but it's personal preference, I think we can agree this is okay and not something to agrue against.

2) That the pairing was implausible. I'd personally say this is reasonable, since Soren dislikes/hates Miccy and Miccy doesn't care about Soren but this would seem to be the point of contention so I can elaborate more if you want.

To put it this way: I say I ship Ike and Sanaki. Soul gets REALLY REALLY angry with me because I shipped off his waifu with that musclehead or whatever. Who's in the right? Same here; the dude ships MicxSoren and Flo-Flo is all "eww no get out of here" and not in an ironic way.

For your hypothetical, I'm really not sure.

But I don't think that's too apt because it's too different on both sides. On one hand, SorenXMicaiah is just a silly crack pairing whereas IkeXSnacky is outright WRONG (being pedophilia unless Snacky's aged up enough) but on the other hand Flo wasn't nearly as agressive or angry as Hypothetical!Soul.

(incidentally, civil-crashgordon is something of a treat. keep it up, man!)

Thank you, this actually means a great deal to me. I do hope this reply is as civil as my last.

I must return the congratulations to you, as well. I was expecting you to be really angry at me for the comparison (I just went ahead with it anyway because I thought it was something that needed to be said).

Doesn't change the fact that what I said is true. The pairing is breakable and not canon until you actually beat the game.

Well, it's still canon. At the VERY LEAST they should acknowledge breaking it off if you get another pairing.

Also, I think there's an issue of them not having other potential lovers.

Uh, who's Kysha?

Kyza in the Euro translation.

Other changes include "Sentinel" -> "Lancer" and "Astra" -> "Astrum".

EDIT: nah, just going to ignore that part. it's not contributing a thing.

Integ, I don't have any reply to most of your points but I have a few I have something to say about, I hope that's okay.

Does that actually mean you're ceding a few points? If so, holy shit, you might be literally the first person on SF to do that.

Alternately, I guess it could mean "ike these points are so bogus and circular one can't even respond to them" but I can have my delusions.

I don't think she came across that way to me, I think she was just saying:

1) She didn't like the pairing and found it icky. Maybe an overreaction but it's personal preference, I think we can agree this is okay and not something to agrue against.

2) That the pairing was implausible. I'd personally say this is reasonable, since Soren dislikes/hates Miccy and Miccy doesn't care about Soren but this would seem to be the point of contention so I can elaborate more if you want.

1: Sure, everybody's entitled to an opinion. I could happily buy that it was just an overreaction, but she went for the same sentiment (almost the same wording) twice or maybe thrice. It's a little early and I don't feel like trawling through the thread - so I might be wrong - but the posts were sufficiently spaced to allow some cooldown, which didn't occur. Instead, after Specta's post (and "silly laggy" and all that, bless sho's heart), she still had to restate her point again, that the pairing was SO EWWEY and how she SHIPS THINGS THAT MAKE SENSE GUYS.

2: I'd agree, except that every pairing of Soren's is implausible. I mean, the amount of people that "Soren interacts with and tolerates" essentially boils down to Ike, Skrimir, Stefan, and (in one conversation ever) Aimee - and tackling any sort of romantic subtext boils that list down to nada. Shipping Soren at all inherently assumes some level of implausibility. If this doesn't refute your elaboration and you'd like to elaborate, by all means feel free to.

For your hypothetical, I'm really not sure.

But I don't think that's too apt because it's too different on both sides. On one hand, SorenXMicaiah is just a silly crack pairing whereas IkeXSnacky is outright WRONG (being pedophilia unless Snacky's aged up enough) but on the other hand Flo wasn't nearly as agressive or angry as Hypothetical!Soul.

The joke is, my hypothetical happened. :D

While Florina wasn't as angry (she was still quite aggressive about it) as hypothetical!Soul, I think the comparison still holds water. She did jump down some guy's throat for just putting Mic/Soren in a list (he didn't even defend it) so ...you know, let me just find the post and stop being lazy.

MicaiahXSoren

Do want!

Get out.

No srsly. That idea is disgusting. D: Do not want.

As I said up above, I could accept "oh what a silly overreaction" or "she thought she was being funny" except for the additional presences of:

Im probably the biggest Soren fangirl on this forum. And Micaiah is just a really terrible character and i dont want him paired with her. Id rather see Soren/Mia (and i fucking hate Mia) than Micaiah. Soren outright detests Micaiah. I ship things that make sense. :):

But Mia/Soren makes more sense than Micaiah/Soren. (but not that much lol.) Some crazies like to think of Mia's badgering of Soren in the FMV to be a playful jibe. It made me wanna backhand her. He takes out like FIVE GUYS with his magic and she takes out one and then has the gall? The Others take her!

Thats fine, albeit really eww. But like i said, I ship things that make sense.

It's a theme, it's not an overreaction. I guess you could make the argument that there are degrees of plausibility in shipping Soren with characters he doesn't like, but as I said earlier Florina would have to literally not ship Soren at all for it to "make sense" - if she does, well, there's still no excuse for getting on some random's case about one item in a list.

Thank you, this actually means a great deal to me. I do hope this reply is as civil as my last.

I must return the congratulations to you, as well. I was expecting you to be really angry at me for the comparison (I just went ahead with it anyway because I thought it was something that needed to be said).

I'm mean, but never let it be said I'm not fair. Like begets like, my friend.

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

Holy shit Integ. You are taking it far too seriously. My point was actually if that one guy wants to ship Soren and Micaiah, hes more than welcome, but i dont like it so I MYSELF will not ship it. Crack pairings are one thing, (See the Gentleman's huge lettered entry) but like i dont like shipping stuff thats kinda implausible seriously. It just doesnt make sense to me. Thats all. I think youve must have been involved in some serious Ship To Ship Combat in the past or something. When i disagree with a ship, i usually state my reasons and leave it at that. (and shipping junk that makes sense to me is my reason. Ya know?)

Besides, my OTP involving Soren is SorenxThe Daein Throne. If only he swung that way...

Astrum sounds like something fun and illegal. ;/

My gut tells me that Soren's match might be in Stefan's village. I really wish the writers put a little more thought into that part of the story!

Holy shit Integ. You are taking it far too seriously.

Really. And there's another argument of mine, completely sidestepped with the ubiquitous "lol integ why do you take the internet so seriously". ;/

For the record: I have quite deliberately stayed mostly out of shipping arguments through the past because I know the people involved tend to be the least reasonable sort so no, I haven't been involved in any of your silly trope-named stuff. I also don't ship Soren with Micaiah or actually Soren with anyone, so none of my fanboy biases are in the way here. I couldn't give half a shit about the pairing itself, I was debating how you were conducting yourself - which was, in general, pointlessly aggressive. I get it, you don't ship it. I get it, you're holier than this guy because your canon is "more plausible" than his canon. I was taking offense purely to your tone, which I did not like.

But of course, here I am taking the Internet seriously because that's the only counter kids like you can come up with.

EDIT: updated to reflect more accurate pronouns

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

I just can't see Soren being around other Branded until the Greil Mercs are no more. Stefan in Path of Radiance is the only one to mention that Soren is older than he looks, and Soren is a dragon laguz Branded, so Soren can't stay with the people he's comfortable with forever. If he ever had some ending with Stefan, the time gap would be fairly large. He's just so insecure. Soren will eventually need to go, but Stefan's offer wouldn't be accepted until maybe 30~ years down the line.

I can see why Almedha doesn't tell Soren he has family, because she was only Ashnard's mistress and doesn't want to cause any more struggles in Daein as far as power is concerned. It might even be crushing to Soren to know that he was involved in killing his own father AND grandfather. However, it will always feel unfair that Soren will never get an apology from either Daein or Goldoa for his treatment.

Actually, this makes me want a Kurthnaga x Soren ending, where Kurthnaga actually acknowledges his nephew. No apology may ever heal Soren's scarred heart, but some kind of offer of reparation would be nice. I'm not sure if Soren would accept it, but then the player could at least have the choice of either never opening the issue to begin with (what we already got) or trying to mend a broken family at long last (what we didn't get)

Edited by Samias

Well, it's still canon. At the VERY LEAST they should acknowledge breaking it off if you get another pairing.

Also, I think there's an issue of them not having other potential lovers.

Which is precisely the point. If they would have given Micaiah and/or Sothe other potential lovers they would have likely acknowledged those pairings as well. This doesn't change the fact Micaiah/Sothe is not canon until the end of the game, and breaking them up is something the player is fully free to do (in fact, a lot of people break the Support for gameplay reasons).

And nobody in this game has more than one potential lover. By that logic Sothe x Micaiah isn't anymore canon than Geoffrey x Elincia, Boyd x Mist, etc.

I was taking offense purely to your tone, which I did not like.

Well im sorry about that because it was not my intent to offend. Its pretty much as Crash said.

But of course, here I am taking the Internet seriously because that's the only counter kids like you can come up with.

If thats the case (obvious sarcasm), why continue pressing the point? Its you that is now coming off as "holier than thou" now that you have blown my opinion completely out of proportion.

Well im sorry about that because it was not my intent to offend. Its pretty much as Crash said.

I seriously refuse to believe that you wouldn't think the constant insistence of "shipping what makes sense" and "eww" and all that wasn't offensive but you're right, this is going precisely nowhere. I was hammering the point with Crash because you weren't around, and now that that's done I fully intend to fuck off and not post again.

Incidentally, nice "no you" argument. Really charming. ;/

'Ta.

Well, I think I won't reply to most of Integ's post since Florina has spoken and I don't want to continue the argument but I have some things to say.

Does that actually mean you're ceding a few points? If so, holy shit, you might be literally the first person on SF to do that.

Alternately, I guess it could mean "ike these points are so bogus and circular one can't even respond to them" but I can have my delusions.

Well, I've mellowed out on certain things (I can even inform you of my new, more moderate position on Troubadours if you'd like) but I was really not saying that, I was just saying that I just didn't have any response, that's all. :P

2: I'd agree, except that every pairing of Soren's is implausible. I mean, the amount of people that "Soren interacts with and tolerates" essentially boils down to Ike, Skrimir, Stefan, and (in one conversation ever) Aimee - and tackling any sort of romantic subtext boils that list down to nada. Shipping Soren at all inherently assumes some level of implausibility. If this doesn't refute your elaboration and you'd like to elaborate, by all means feel free to.

Well, I don't know if it's necessary or would help but the gist was that while they're all implausible, ones like IkeXSoren are LESS implausible because there's mutual affection and room for romantic subtext while neither is true for things like MiccyXSoren.

The joke is, my hypothetical happened. :D

If it's like the scenario you posted on my profile then I'm on your side firmly. If not, then it depends on whether it's a joke.

...I get the feeling you already told me, sorry if that's the case, this is just taxing my memory way more than it should.

I'm mean, but never let it be said I'm not fair. Like begets like, my friend.

I must say, I believe you totally. That's EXACTLY how you come across, it's why I respect you more than some people here and am trying harder to be more accommodating and listen than some other users here, they just seem to enjoy being nasty whereas you just get perhaps a mite more angry than would be optimal, and often for entirely sound reasons too.

And I can't emphasize enough how important that difference is to me.