What endings would you have made possible in Radiant Dawn?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love how OP has to specify that nothing is HOMOSEX

except with some of those you're really pushing your luck like wow with the soren and ike one

I specify it to show that I'm not a yaoi or yuri fan. And what do you mean by "pushing my luck" with the Ike and Soren ending?

I specify it to show that I'm not a yaoi or yuri fan. And what do you mean by "pushing my luck" with the Ike and Soren ending?

who says you have to be lol it's not like you're either all gays or all straights but i mean you don't have to like

defend yourself when no one is accusing you yet

looks

suspicious

and idk i don't really see it but its a very popular opinion that ike and soren are canonly past the friendship thing

It's also a very popular fact that there's not a single scrap of evidence that Ike and Soren are sexually attracted to each other.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It's also a very popular fact that there's not a single scrap of evidence that Ike and Soren are sexually attracted to each other.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Don't have to have sexual interest to be attracted to someone.

I don't want to get into a shipping argument, though. Not like anything said will change the other person's OTP.

Don't have to have sexual interest to be attracted to someone.

True, but you know what he means. There's nothing at all that suggests Ike and Soren are in love with each other. Soren's opinion of Ike COULD be seen as love, except there's also logical reason behind his amount of loyalty and respect for Ike. Ike saved him when he was a child. Ike gave Soren his lunch and promised to feed him again. Then later Greil accepted him into the mercenaries and Ike offered him friendship. Ike is also the only person that sees Soren as a normal guy, and not a freaky Branded or something. Ike gave Soren a god damn LIFE.

I'd be just as loyal and respectful of Ike if it were me, but I wouldn't fall in love with him. It would feel strange to, actually, because I think of Ike more as a role model and a guy I'd serve/follow anywhere.

I always thought it was kinda unfair to say "there's no evidence Ike/Soren was ever a romance", because it was always going to be implicit at best - gay pairings, like all the incest they put in the games, would be too controversial if they were explicit. If Ike/Soren was ever intended to be, what we got was probably the most we would get anyway. Even though they included Paul and Jasmine (<3) before, I guess...? I don't really think they would go all the way with a main character, though.

... and, either way, FE13 shows that Ike/Soren was not (or is not anymore) in IS's plans, so there's not much point discussing it now. Apparently they really were just best friends! Ike/Random Village Girl always seemed to be the OTP anyway ^_^

Edited by Axie

True, Ike/Soren couldn't possibly have happened since Ike's got a direct descendant now, because it means Ike married a girl and had at least one child with her (and he's really not the kind of guy to go making babies out of wedlock). But there are a few ways that Ike could've still ended up with a Tellius female, even Elincia. But that's another topic entirely, so I won't get into it.

EDIT: Oh, and to my knowledge, IkexElincia is the most popular Ike pairing. Trust me, this is coming from someone who has adamantly researched this pair. :P:

Edited by Anacybele

I am fully capable of understanding why people find you so aggravating, now.

What are you talking about? Nobody said they hated me. And I was merely throwing in my two cents on a few things.

What are you talking about? Nobody said they hated me. And I was merely throwing in my two cents on a few things.

Let's pretend that someone did post that. How would you react on this board?

(this isn't a statement of my opinion of you)

EDIT: Oh, and to my knowledge, IkexElincia is the most popular Ike pairing. Trust me, this is coming from someone who has adamantly researched this pair. :P:

Not so sure about this. Maybe this would be true if only FE9 existed, but nowadays IkexElincia definitely isn't as popular as it once was. In Japanese websites IkexSoren and even IkexRanulf seem to show up more often.

Not so sure about this. Maybe this would be true if only FE9 existed, but nowadays IkexElincia definitely isn't as popular as it once was. In Japanese websites IkexSoren and even IkexRanulf seem to show up more often.

Well, I was moreso referring to outside of Japan. I really don't know anything about what the Japanese prefers, aside from that they don't like Ike to begin with. My apologies for not being clearer.

But on the net, I see more IkexElincia fanart and supporters than any other Tellius pairing. Even when I just google Elincia or just Ike, I see a ton of IkexElincia fanart and very little for GeoffreyxElincia or even IkexSoren.

EDIT: I've also seen more videos for IkexElincia on Youtube than any of the other pairings I mentioned as well. And my IkexElincia archive on ff.net has nearly 3 times as many stories as the GeoffreyxElincia one, and there isn't even an archive for IkexSoren or other Ike and Elincia pairings at all.

I can definitely safely say, though, that IkexElincia is the most popular ELINCIA pairing. I see it show up way more often than the others.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I was moreso referring to outside of Japan. I really don't know anything about what the Japanese prefers, aside from that they don't like Ike to begin with. My apologies for not being clearer.

But on the net, I see more IkexElincia fanart and supporters than any other Tellius pairing. Even when I just google Elincia or just Ike, I see a ton of IkexElincia fanart and very little for GeoffreyxElincia or even IkexSoren.

EDIT: I've also seen more videos for IkexElincia on Youtube than any of the other pairings I mentioned as well. And my IkexElincia archive on ff.net has nearly 3 times as many stories as the GeoffreyxElincia one, and there isn't even an archive for IkexSoren or other Ike and Elincia pairings at all.

I can definitely safely say, though, that IkexElincia is the most popular ELINCIA pairing. I see it show up way more often than the others.

You do realize your conclusion most likely is skewed? Since you are Biased in the matter I can safely say to most likely search IkexElincia a lot more than any of the other pairings, ergo, you get a lot more results.

Same thing with your archive, It's your archive, an IkexElincia fan archive, it's only logical most of the content is IkexElincia. There isn't an IkexSoren section because you don't like it, so you don't actively search for it like you do for IkexElincia. This doesn't mean there isn't a large Ike Soren fanbase on the internet.

You see the paring come up way more than the others because you actively search for it, which is entirely normal, I don't search for things I don't like either, I do search for things I like. All I'm saying is, you have to take your Bias into account when drawing a conclusion. ;)

Actually, I have searched GeoffreyxElincia, IkexSoren, and other pairings to compare results. So I am not biased in any way.

Oh, and when I was talking about archives, I meant that there are separate archives for different groups of fanfics. My archive is IkexElincia alone. Another, completely different archive is GeoffreyxElincia. And there is no archive at all for IkexSoren.

Edited by Anacybele