Do you want to have kids?

ragnell.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno, maybe one day, one way or another. I've too many other things to be concerned with at the moment.

The window is starting to close for you, isn't it eclipse?

Uhhh, lol? She's not even in her 30s yet, how is that anywhere near being too old to have a child? My parents were in their 40s when I was born.

Edited by Tangerine

I can't really answer this question right now. At the moment, FUCK NO. In the future, perhaps? Although I'd probably adopt kids instead because the world does not need more people, and there are too many kids without a good family in the first place. (I might want to have one biological kid if I do decide I want kids, though.)

However, I don't believe I'll be getting married, ever. :/ I've never been interested in relationships, and I honestly don't think I will ...

Having children is like this: you wake up and your time is dedicated to kids, you go to work, then when you get home from work your time is again dedicated to kids right up till the point they are in bed and often even after that. It's a constant dedication and it's the one thing that really scares me out of having children in itself. I already have trouble working 40 hours a week. How the hell am I gonna live through that constant dedication?

Another problem would be fear for a deteriorating relationship between me and the woman I had them with. My own parents have been in some state of war with each other since I can remember, and it's caused a downward spiral. I really want to avoid having my children live through a similar experience.

Uhhh, lol? She's not even in her 30s yet, how is that anywhere near being too old to have a child? My parents were in their 40s when I was born.

Don't be unreasonable, what I said isn't based on sheer stupidity. A guy you know you want to bear children with, that's not a decision you make within a matter of months but a matter of years. Not including the time you spend trying to find them.

Having children is like this: you wake up and your time is dedicated to kids, you go to work, then when you get home from work your time is again dedicated to kids right up till the point they are in bed and often even after that. It's a constant dedication and it's the one thing that really scares me out of having children in itself. I already have trouble working 40 hours a week. How the hell am I gonna live through that constant dedication?

Constant dedication until the kids heads hit there pillows at night, and got work to go to, and problems at work. Sounds like its not very fun and very stressfull. I wonder if my parents ever relax from all this work. I might not have kids in the future, or even a girlfriend, cause I have no luck with them.

Constant dedication until the kids heads hit there pillows at night, and got work to go to, and problems at work. Sounds like its not very fun and very stressfull. I wonder if my parents ever relax from all this work. I might not have kids in the future, or even a girlfriend, cause I have no luck with them.

Nah you will have a girlfriend. You might think you´re a nerd and not social or whatever but the basic idea is that a fair share of girls do play video games (more girls in your age catagory than mine, anyway) and another fair share of women have problems with being social as well. I don't think you'd derive that from their normal behaviour, though.

Don't be unreasonable, what I said isn't based on sheer stupidity. A guy you know you want to bear children with, that's not a decision you make within a matter of months but a matter of years. Not including the time you spend trying to find them.

And? Unless you were a complete knob in your early adult life, it should go without saying that having kids when you're older is a far more practical idea. Not only should you already be sitting on money, but you should also have a much better idea of what you're going to be capable of, a more stable job, and a much greater degree of maturity that comes with over a decade in the adult world. If there were ever a time to not have kids, it would be in your teens and early to mid 20s. You should be focusing on creating a stable environment for a child to actually live in, rather than trying to bring one into the world when you don't even have your own life straight.

Seriously, it was pretty rude to say she's getting too old to have a child. Eclipse would be a wonderful mother regardless of when she decided to have a kid.

Nah you will have a girlfriend. You might think you´re a nerd and not social or whatever but the basic idea is that a fair share of girls do play video games (more girls in your age catagory than mine, anyway) and another fair share of women have problems with being social as well. I don't think you'd derive that from their normal behaviour, though.

I'm the shy and not very out going type of guy. Pretty much the only time i hang around girls is when I'm in class, but don't really talk to them unless I need help. So, I'm not the most sociable person but I do know how to speak when spoken to at least. I'm an oddball in video games where I live. All the people here play CoD, Halo, Black ops - basically any shooter and I play mostly RPG's and only plays one shooter (which is Kid Icarus: Uprising 3DS), and no one knows the games I know so I don't tend to talk much. I don't really watch TV very often, and don't listen to songs that the people over here listen to, I listen to video game music because I don't find the songs out today very interesting or clean. . . So I'm the strangest person in my town pretty much. I can't find a girl who has the same interests as me.

My mom had me when she was 45, though she wasn't exactly happy about it. Not her first kid or husband, but anyway.

At first when I was an early teenager, I totally wanted kids, mostly just to prove my way of parenting would be better than my parents'. It's a much more intimidating question now, because I know it'd be asking a lot of somebody else, and that it could derail both my life, my presumed partner's, and even more if done badly, or even if it was done otherwise well at a bad time, so I'm scared about putting a number to any part of it, but the answer is still yes.

I guess I can't just flat-out say I love kids, since I had a mostly awful time socializing then, but I at least feel for the things they deal with, and I love the idea of their raw potential. I think they can be pretty fun to be around in the right situation, too.

The idea of having found someone I love enough and have stayed with long [enough] to take that plunge with them (assuming we've gotten to whatever's a good spot to do it) sounds really nice, too.

Edited by Rehab

Sure, maybe after a long while and once whomever I'm with and I are completely ready. I get along great with kids, though their unpredictability would be annoying at times, given my nature. The baby stage would be bad though, due to me becoming sick (like, woozy and puke kinds of sick) easily.

Also, I may not have a girlfriend now though, but the girl that I confessed how I felt to said that maybe sometime later (that was 4 months ago when she said it, which might mean something) that something could work out between us, so that's reassuring. Now, I may not know a lot on what people mean when they say things/how they feel, but it seems to me that when you tell someone how you feel about them, and they say that sometime later things might work out between you two, then that seems like a good sign.

Until they have better maternity leave in this country, not bloody likely.

I may consider if I one day move to Norway. If I stay in America and things don't change... yeah. Not happening. My career's far more important than dealing with annoying brats.

Edited by Zhuge Liang