Challenges.

Bookoostrikes

Has anyone attempted to do various challenges in the game? Examples like completing FE:4 without Holy Weapons (even though that's outrageous.) or doing FE:11 H5 without reclassing...

Me myself have tried doing FE:7 HM without magic and it's hell unfortunetly. I had to do the mine glitch for Cogs of Destiny. But otherwise, it was a major challenge and I'm at Victory or Death.

I also attempted FE:8 Hard mode without tier 2 units and it's not really that difficult. But it's still fun nonetheless.

So how about you guys?

Bow Users runs, limiting myself to lords and units that can potentially gain bow access. So far done runs for FE6 HM, FE7 LHM+EHM (might do LHM+HHM in the future), and FE8 Ephraim's route HM. I will do a run for FE4 in the future.

I am working on Song Unlock Ranked PTs in FE7. But unfortunately, that is on hiatus. I will mention that once I get around to HHM, it will be recorded, but I don't exactly have the means to include things other than gameplay, so it would be a while before I can actually record my Song Unlock HHM Ranked run.

Edited by Little Al

FE7 Sacae run, using Hector because he's forced and Bartre to get Karla. It was interesting. Also, as a result of my Sacae-only run, I've been using healers less and elss.

Um, not sure if it counts as a real challenge, but I've been attempting a DB scrub run of Radiant Dawn. That is, using all of the Dawn Brigade units except for Edward for whatever reason. After I complete it I thinking of doing an all-scrub run of Radiant Dawn, which means I get to use Lyre and Kyza too. *shudder*

I did H5 of Shadow Dragon with every recruitable character except Marth dead(from the end of chapter 3 onwards). It actually gets easier once the generics reach D-rank weapons and alot easier than non-warpskip H5 when the generics start coming promoted just on a merit they're a disposable army and you get their weapons back when they die(and free E-rank weapons when they join).

Edited by arvilino

I always wanted to attempt a substitute character only run in FE:4, although it would put a lot of pressure on the 1st gen, because I would have to kill off all the females eventually.

Or just keep them away from the men and not pair them.

Has anyone attempted to do various challenges in the game? Examples like completing FE:4 without Holy Weapons (even though that's outrageous.)

yurius aside, it's actually not that difficult

like levin!swordkids are outrageously ridiculous until like final

(yes i've done this, i just cheesed it and narga'd yurius since i don't think it's possible to even significantly damage him otherwise? ridiculous tricks with berserking that hel bishop aside)

Or just keep them away from the men and not pair them.

That is true, but don't the earlier ones like Aideen or Ira eventually fall in love?

(And plus, I want that hero sword for Celice or Leaf)

yurius aside, it's actually not that difficult

like levin!swordkids are outrageously ridiculous until like final

(yes i've done this, i just cheesed it and narga'd yurius since i don't think it's possible to even significantly damage him otherwise? ridiculous tricks with berserking that hel bishop aside)

I agree, it's virtually impossible without a Holy Weapon and what are the odds of Hel actually hitting him?

Do Areone's units attempt to attack Julius?

Edited by Bookoostrikes

I agree, it's virtually impossible without a Holy Weapon and what are the odds of Hel actually hitting him?

Do Areone's units attempt to attack Julius?

i've done it twice without using a holy weapon user (different run, i did it once on a draft and once on a patty solo)

it's pretty ridiculous

I did all subs in FE4, though it's laughably easy with Aless, Altenna, and Hawk.

I also did a Darros solo of FE11 once. That was fun.

FE9 HM Ike+Nephenee+Elincia trio run. It was pretty fun.

I've also got plans for a L'Arachel solo of FE8, but I'd like to hack it first and make L'Arachel around for the whole game :>