Mystery Mafia - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone (me included) was responsible for Rapier's lynch. We literally hopped onto Rapier's wagon when he claimed because of Scorri and Bluedoom's reports.

I apologise for that, Rapier.

Also, I'm sorry Eclipse for voting you and letting BBM win.

I had no idea who to vote and I actually thought you were scum pretending to be town with that kingmaker comment, which is why I decided to vote for you, since BBM could still have been town.

haha gg guys

yeah as Eclipse's said, there was too much investigation.

Considering all results were completely unreliable it would probably have been better with less investigative roles/without the mass tailor

Anyway, it's not bad, everyone seemed to have a decent chance to win.

so in other news, two things:

j00 should play with us more

I will probably redo some of the later night/day flavor because some of it was kinda rushed. I'll keep you posted.

edit: also fun facts; j00 didn't actually get to make a single vote all game because of the shortish D1/2

edit the second: also finally fixed some of the slightly broken phase links in the OP (not the votal ones because who cares)

Edited by Manix

I had the chance to vote on D2, but that was the phase where I kept nagging about not to hammer Shinori so yeah

I'll totally be joining another game once I've got time

seriously don't you guys have finals or anything

I'll totally be joining another game once I've got time

seriously don't you guys have finals or anything

good. we love fresh blood.

also I think that like pretty much all the college kids that play here have already had their finals as well (from what I know (edit: which is apparently not much))

the other half work and stuff

Edited by Manix

I go to a trimester school so usually I have my finals before everyone else and also longer breaks

By popular request, reasons for modsubs:

Elieson: during hiatus got leaked information by someone (who shall remain anonymous)

Paperblade:

<Prims> <Psych> Kay is the SK

<Prims> oh i

<Prims> am really dense

<Prims> fuck

<Paperblade> what

<Paperblade> ...

<Prims> Wrong window

<Paperblade> yeah I'm still alive

<Prims> kill me

this explains it

MFW Paperprims

╱▔▔▔▔▔▔╲

▕┈╭━╮╭━╮┈▏

▕┈┃╭╯╰╮┃┈▏

▕┈╰╯╭╮╰╯┈▏

▕┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈▏

▕┈┈┈╰╯┈┈┈▏

▕______________|

Edited by Elieson

My finals are next week (and one this week), so ... yeah. :P

I subbed in and narrowed down scum to one of Kay or eclipse (was leaning eclipse because of Elie's actions but didn't have enough reads on Kay to make a solid call on her), shenanigans confirmed Mancer as town and I knew I was town. I knew BBM was an anti-town force after he said on D2, "apparently we have no vig" then claimed vig later in the game.

Should've got all my cards out on the table, but the only reason I didn't was because if there was even the slightest chance that at least two townies would survive that night phase I didn't want to tell scum and SK "oh hey this is what I know and you guys should totally shoot two townies" or something like that. Screwed if I did, screwed if I didn't.

To be honest, I feel town trusted our investigative roles a little too much. And those roles were completely messed with by a N0 mass Tailor by Elieson.

This means that during this game, we should have relied less on our Cops and more on our actual scumhunting and stuffs, since we lost two PRs because of relying in faked and Tailored Cop results.

lmao

but yeah like every other game on sf without vanilla is some crazy role madness shit where town have 100 powerful "standard" roles that work perfectly while scum is super buff but loses their numbers / gets PoE'd too fast because they have bad safeclaims and only one roleblocker and it teaches everyone to just rely on roles a lot. you don't need to have a fully functioning standard town tracker and town watcher and town doctor and town roleblocker in your game at the same time, get creative people

anonymafia is a decent counterexample though it probably erred too much in functional vanilla with, like, the activist vig and town jan

Edited by cyborg sammy davis jr.

lmao

but yeah like every other game on sf without vanilla is some crazy role madness shit where town have 100 powerful "standard" roles that work perfectly while scum is super buff but loses their numbers / gets PoE'd too fast because they have bad safeclaims and only one roleblocker and it teaches everyone to just rely on roles a lot. you don't need to have a fully functioning standard town tracker and town watcher and town doctor and town roleblocker in your game at the same time, get creative people

anonymafia is a decent counterexample though it probably erred too much in functional vanilla with, like, the activist vig and town jan

Those were so gosh darn useful too.