Schoolteacher Mafia

eclipse

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning dawns cool and quiet. Yowling from the hall catches everyone's attention. You see a cat standing over a corpse, an arrow planted squarely between his wings. BBM picks up the role PM and reads it off to everyone.

Dear NekoRex,

You are Ledah. You are actually a messenger; the real teacher is Rose. However, Rose is under Cierra's potion and can only talk in cat, and Ein is the only one that understands her. Ein is still enrolled in school, so it fell to you to deliver Rose's lesson plans. Your lack of emotions means that you can ignore the people who stare at your wings/good-looking face. You have no idea how Rose landed a job teaching religion, but you can't complain about the pay.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Let me introduce <PLAYER> to Rose." You will instruct Ein to use Burning Rose on <PLAYER>, killing him/her. Ein can only do this once; after that, the Fire Emblem breaks!

Post Restriction: Instead of voting using ##(verb), you will vote using ##Meow:. If you don't understand why someone like you is voting that way, reread your flavor.

You are allied with the town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Baldrick beckons to the cat, who jumps in his arms. Not too long afterwards, Serious Bananas slips in a wet spot. You follow the trail to another corpse, its innards spilled out nicely across the floor. Paperblade gingerly picks up the bloody PM and reads it to everyone.

Dear Blitz and Marth,

You are Quistis Trepe. Some of your Trepies went overboard with their admiration of you, so you took a job outside of Balamb Garden to calm your nerves. You took over JROTC, and much to your displeasure, the former teacher taught them nothing! <snip>

You can choose ONE of the following actions to do at night:

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Let's boogie, <PLAYER>!" You will give the Triple Triad lesson of <PLAYER>'s life; as a result, they will fail to do their night action, all night actions targeting them will fail, and they will not participate in main discussion during the next day (this is known as "kidnapping").

- During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Using Degenerator on <PLAYER>." Any attempts to stop Degenerator on <PLAYER> will fail, and <PLAYER> will die. You may only use this ONCE, and this will replace the mafia kill.

Post restriction: You'd rather be playing card games. Refer to any TCG.

You are allied with the mafia. You win when all threats to the mafia are eliminated.

Heartened by the death of a hostile party, you resume day discussions.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 ends in about 72 hours, which I'll edit in after I take care of some other stuff. Have at it!

[spoiler=Boron]Are you satisfied now, town? With a single lynch, you've officially screwed yourselves out of not just one but TWO potentially powerful players. The lot of you were so arrogant to believe that we were scum that you just stopped scum hunting at all at the end of the day, and you guys can't tell "appeal to emotion" from genuine rage. I still don't know how, but you guys literally made me feel a level of rage I don't think I've ever reached. To everyone who said that our claim was so bad it must be fake, I hope you feel stupid after our flip because guess what -- our role was real and we weren't lying at all.

Also, something else I don't understand: how is it when I lost my cool and threatened to modkill us both, people told me to calm down and to "please don't modkill yourself," ... but when Mancer finally has had enough then says that he's tempted to do the same and is fed up with town, he's a crybaby or a bad sport? I'm sorry, but what? How is my rage any different from his frustration? I mean, I lashed out earlier and more forcefully than he did. So what makes Mancer the bad sport and not me? SF, would you be consistent, because this makes no sense at all. For the record, I threatened to modkill myself, not Mancer. So kindly stop blaming him for things that I have said and would have done, and thank him for holding me back from modkilling us both.

I apologize to eclipse for the amount of animosity I unleashed into this thread, I should've had a better control on my temper. As for everyone else I am unhappy with, maybe I'll be sorry in the future. But right now, a part of me still feels angry and until I figure out why that last bit of anger still remains, I won't be able to say sorry and mean it.

I can't say I'm rooting for town to win this one after this.

[spoiler=Mancer]I hope you guys are satisfied with our flip right now. Yeah, Boron and I were scum, all right. Scum sort of outnumbers the town in this game as well, gg town.

On a more serious note, I would like to point out that I do not think I played to lose, had bad sportsmanship or bitched and whined much in this Mafia game at all.

[some of you] said that I had [been a] bad sport and instead of whining, I should build up cases on people I want lynched, right?

It's just that you guys were only willing to continue justifying your cases on me (when a hammer had already been reached and there was absolutely no need to already). All of you players had your eyes open for only one thing: Pushing and assigning all of your blame onto the one scapegoat that you could push everything onto. Well, you guys have succeeded. I hope all of you enjoy the game.

I apologise for my comment about town proving themselves not intelligent, but I am not going to retract that statement. That statement is still 100% the truth and it has already been proven so.

I can wholly say that I have played and done my best for this game, so I have no regrets being mislynched.

Good luck town.

All the best scum, I want you to win.

~MancerNecro

Boron: I'm pissed at Mancer because he was posting super stuck-up passive-aggressive remarks toward the people voting him when he was getting lynched, which is ridiculous. Self-voting as town is awful and worse than any play by any person who voted you, but I'm frustrated with Mancer more because he handled it worse imo (and I know you made a ragepost but you were at least being direct and weren't posting with smug superiority in response to BEING LYNCHED which makes it totally unjustified and is the sort of shit that guarantees somebody will never improve as a player ever).

Also town is gonna roll this game sorry, lookit that friendly neighbor confirmation + N1 vig.

My night action failed. Can't discuss flavor etc. etc. but if you'll allow me a simple history lesson, I think I can clearly illustrate that this was likely the result of a hooker.

I guess a plausible counter-explanation would be a town-sided roleblocker, but that's never my first guess in cases like these.

My action failed last night :/.

##Vote SB

My night action failed. Can't discuss flavor etc. etc. but if you'll allow me a simple history lesson, I think I can clearly illustrate that this was likely the result of a hooker.

I guess a plausible counter-explanation would be a town-sided roleblocker, but that's never my first guess in cases like these.

Well I know who I targeted. Not outing it yet. I like how both of you are claiming blocked yet it obviously wasn't Marth's block because marth's block kidnapped as well.

Right on the money. Good job Neko.

Either Blitzdoom was doing a very hard bus with the bad reasoning or Prims is probably legit town. I'm inclined towards the latter.

I'll look into stuff (Helios/SB) when I'm feeling less lazy.

Also should you feel the need to attack me over my push of the Mancer wagon, go for it. I'm ready to defend myself.

Oh, right, phase end time.

DUE TO A PARTY, DAY 2 WILL END ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2 AT 9 AM GMT/SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1 11 PM HST. NO I AM NOT GIVING UP FREE FOOD FOR YOU GUYS.

Alright guys I'm back. Tyler's in bed now, and his 11th birthday went pretty well. That aside though;

Why Bananas over the rest of the wagon, Bal?

I still find him scummy, but a part of me just wants Mancer out of the game regardless of alignment, since as his recent posts have proven he's being a huge fucktard and Manix's responses are 100% correct. Also because "if you're scum, be a bitch and throw a fit and we won't lynch you" is the worst lesson ever and that mite b what's happening here.

Prims, have you thoughts changed on SB?

Also, I'm not even going to address the part that's striked out, but if the remainder was your method of actual scumhunting, I'm far from impressed.

Ah geez, well as long as Prims isn't pulling a scum gambit to try to keep Paperbrad and himself clear for a while by announcing himself as the recipient of a Friendly visit, (a stupid and risky as fudge gambit if anything), I'm pretty inclined to believe it. I'm pretty confident that Prims isn't scum (even though he outright shared it with us on several occasions.

Getting into Rolespec, which no one will care if I do anyway, it seems that there are 2 Hooks...or a counter-claim to Helios's hook? Helios, does your flavor indicate that you were hooked (in a way that Bal was able to pretty much confirm)? It seems pretty likely that a 2nd hooker (or one-time hook, or maybe something else like Jailor or something) exists. Not sure if the 1xNVig pulled his slam dunk shot on Blitzdoom, but I'm not complaining.

Moving on to something actually logical; I still find SB lazybad scummy, as I've outlined earlier. Something piqued my interest though, from Helios

• Didn't know til now that hammer won't cause an autolynch (that's just D1 though right)? Yeah I forgot that rule until Paper and Neko said it so don't kill me.
  • Because of this I figured the phase was gonna end so I may as well vote even if I'm not a fan of it.
  • 6 hours isn't really enough time to push a lynch on SB, Marth, or Kay for that matter, who are all higher on my priority list than Mancer.
  • I was disappointed that I'm seemingly the only one that remembers Mancer's town play from earlier in the game and is putting that into the equation

Put that info into my perspective and you'll see what my thought process was.

Considering you were so lax about getting your actual scumreads brought into the spotlight, and agreed that your "4th" lynch option was good enough, I'm more surprised. Usually you bark on about being decisive and harping people for not being firm about what they believe, but yet you hard defend Mancer. AND THEN after a hard votepark on Scumnori for being the claimed Roleblocker, the day flips, and you claim roleblocked. Then you out of nowhere vote for SB?

Your following posts only pursued Shinori, and made absolutely no mention of SB. I'm not sure if this has any relation to Shinori or not, but it seems to be distancing to me, by voting for an easy lynch with absolutely no reasoning. ESPECIALLY since your last compiled scumlist was #274 and made no mention of SB. Anything before that marked SB as merely "lurky but forgettable". If anyone even decides to listen to an old man like me, I'll be impressed, but I definately think that this is worth attention.

##Vote Helios

[spoiler=The Rules Say]9. Person with the most votes is lynched at the end of the day phase on D1 only. After D1, it'll take at least one-third of the living players to lynch, rounding UP. If someone hits the requisite number of votes to lynch, I'll give them a three-hour grace period. I believe in last words.

JUST POSTING THIS AS A REMINDER!!!!!

If this is true, then with 14 alive, it takes 5 to activate a 3 hr Grace Period. Scumios is at 3. Let's not push this too fast, because we shouldn't minimize discussion (since full D1 was a gimme, but we're not that lucky now, Thanks clipsey :/ )

iirc Clipsey rules generally make it so that people at majority (one-half) hit the grace period? The one third is there for end of phase lynch, from memory

clipsey should probably clarify this though

Getting into Rolespec, which no one will care if I do anyway, it seems that there are 2 Hooks...or a counter-claim to Helios's hook? Helios, does your flavor indicate that you were hooked (in a way that Bal was able to pretty much confirm)? It seems pretty likely that a 2nd hooker (or one-time hook, or maybe something else like Jailor or something) exists. Not sure if the 1xNVig pulled his slam dunk shot on Blitzdoom, but I'm not complaining.

Considering you were so lax about getting your actual scumreads brought into the spotlight, and agreed that your "4th" lynch option was good enough, I'm more surprised. Usually you bark on about being decisive and harping people for not being firm about what they believe, but yet you hard defend Mancer. AND THEN after a hard votepark on Scumnori for being the claimed Roleblocker, the day flips, and you claim roleblocked. Then you out of nowhere vote for SB?

Your following posts only pursued Shinori, and made absolutely no mention of SB. I'm not sure if this has any relation to Shinori or not, but it seems to be distancing to me, by voting for an easy lynch with absolutely no reasoning. ESPECIALLY since your last compiled scumlist was #274 and made no mention of SB. Anything before that marked SB as merely "lurky but forgettable". If anyone even decides to listen to an old man like me, I'll be impressed, but I definately think that this is worth attention.

##Vote Helios

Can't give out flavor because >rules, but just know that my action failed.

Alright let's get this shit started.

How was I "lax" about getting my scumreads out. I pushed NekoRex (and before that Shinori) since they were my first two suspects, and they both claimed town roles (Neko was the vig, Shinori claims RB but I'm still not buying that as town, especially with the Mancer/Boron flip and him possibly blocking me), so I had no choice but to start going down the list. An SB lynch wasn't even possible at that point so what was the use in mentioning him unnecessarily? May as well wait until D1 shenanigans were over and try and press his lynch D2. The only lynches that were possible at that point? Shinori and Mancer. I thought Mancer was more town than Shinori, therefore I stuck with trying to lynch Shinori. I had oodles of reasons as to why I thought Shinori was scummy so you can't say there is no reason (really suggest you read back here).

SB is literally THIRD on my list of scumreads as you can see here (the post you were referring to is 264 actually). I even numbered things out perfectly for everyone to see. This isn't out of nowhere at all so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. In fact, you contradict yourself by saying SB vote came out of nowhere when even the post you quoted (which happened much later than 274) mentions that SB was my highest scumread at the time. You should probably reread things a bit more before you come up with these false accusations my good man.

My hard defense on Mancer was admittedly bad and I did it completely out of emotion because I felt Boron's rage and knew it was sincere, and I really felt like Mancer was playing town and arguably his best game so far. Didn't want to see that ending the way it did.

Any other questions?

Well, one of Helios and Balcerzak must be lying. Shinori might not want to share details, but base on his vote, I think it's pretty obvious who he targetted.

##vote: Helios

So why are you voting me exactly if you're implying that you believe Shinori hooked me (therefore I'm not lying)? Ahhh I got it...it's cuz you want my attention. Well cutie, there's better ways to get it then voting me you know ;).

Also not really a fan of how fast this wagon built up on me especially when two of the three voters are voting for no reason, and the other is voting me on false premises...

Shinori is probably legit because scumnori should have blocked the claimed vig (who did shoot scum) but shrug

Block vig, kill vig, have buddy claim blocked.

Cept since vig killed obviously I didn't block it.

GLAD SOMEONE SAW THIS.

And like i stated yesterday I really felt that helios was letting on the fact that he KNEW mancer was town. Also his town during that entire conversation/argument between us really gave me scum vibes from him.

Also quesiton @ helios: In your post you said you still think I'm scum because you think I blocked you. How does that make me scum? Am I less scum if i blocked Baldrick?