Schoolteacher Mafia

eclipse

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, i need to stop forgetting about this. So i'm here, and i still don't have much to say, but luckily we have already gotten much more done than D1. Glad we got a mafia. BUT WE NEED TO GET MORE.

So after everything today, i feel that it is safe to say that Shinori and Paper are most likely town. Helios however, i never actually noticed D1, but he has been incredibly waffly. I would vote but there are already a couple of votes and would rather wait for a vote count.

@Thomas Raith: I was asked on my opinions on other people that is why i made my list post. I could have kept my focus on posts to Lucina, Mancer and Paper. (Who i was planning on saying something about anyway.) Also i wouldn't exactly see what i said about Paper/Mancer as sheeping. I simply said in terms of Paper that i agreed with the case, didn't even vote them. That isn't really sheeping is it? Especially since there wasn't even a wagon on him. Mancer on the other hand, i had an exact opinion about formed not from other people's posts but from Mancer himself. For example, in terms of Helios, i'm sheeping, my opinion was formed 90% through other peoples showing off quotes of his D1 posts and stuff, and i wouldn't have suspected him if otherwise, plus there is a wagon, and the only reason i'm not voting is to make sure i don't accidentally hammer him. That my friends is sheeping.

@BBM: Honestly forgot about Rocker's play in the game but you just brought up some good points. I'll have to take a look at him later now.

@Elieson: All you had to do is read his Role PM to figure out his role though. Paperblade even BOLDED IT OUT for you. Kidnapping has the same effect as hooking which is why it pseudoconfirms Shinori as town.

If many of my scumreads were slight (one of them flipped scum and one of them I feel even stronger about) then that means many of my reads were strong since I also had three strong ones. Plus I've tried to push all my reads. How is that indecisive? It isn't. Besides if we wanna talk about my meta, you're right that I don't like indecisiveness, but that usually refers to when people go "oh I have a slight scum read on so and so, but blah blah blah so idk" and offers no strong reads and just tries to "play it safe" (which is a huge scumtell). That's not what's going on here at all. So calling me indecisive is a huuuuuge stretch and exaggeration. Anything else?

By the way, SB and Balc most likely targeted the same person, since I didn't block them, and they can both talk in the thread that means they weren't blocked by bluedoom/blitz. The person they targeted was either commuted or was safeguarded by someone. Honestly I kind of want to know who they targeted. As for the case on helios. Let me see if i can link a few things.

So.

Paperblade seems to be in the clear. I'd find it hard to believe he's scum unless Prims is as well, and it made no sense for him to be that aggressive towards Marth when nobody had voted him. Also, Shinori is safe because he'd be redundant as a mafia.

Actually reading Elieson vs Helios, I don't like the argument Elieson is using to push him. First you say Helios' vote for SB came from nowhere, because he had mentioned him at all;

ISO yourself, and find the posts from D1 that include you talking about SB. I can't find anything past 264. Can you?

And then in the very same (technically) post, you say that Helios putting SB onto the top of his scum list is not based on sufficient evidence. I also don't get why you say the SB wagon could have built just as quickly as the Mancer wagon, it needed an exceptional event to get going (a claim that didn't go down well) and Mancer had been a lot more outgoing than SB, which I think makes a lynch more likely.

Given how many people seem to be townish, I'd give good money on the menage a trois between Elieson, Helios and SB containing at least one scum.

##Vote: Elieson

@Shinori: We don't know if there's a safeguard, but we know there's a commuter. So it's pretty likely they both targetted Paperblade. What would you make of that? Personally, I think it's suspicious, since I can't think of any good things you'd do to a friendly neighbour before he confides in you, but if they're scum, it'd be pretty pointless to go for the person most likely to block you.

@Shinori: We don't know if there's a safeguard, but we know there's a commuter. So it's pretty likely they both targetted Paperblade. What would you make of that? Personally, I think it's suspicious, since I can't think of any good things you'd do to a friendly neighbour before he confides in you, but if they're scum, it'd be pretty pointless to go for the person most likely to block you.

Forgot that paperblade was part commuter.

Yeah, targeting paper was poor and stupid. He was obviously going to use his role, I don't like this two people claiming blocked when I blocked helios means like i said, safeguard or commuter.

##Unvote:

If they targeted paper there really was no real town reason to target him. If they did target him, at least one of them is probably scum.

Forgot I could Bah! post.

One of these days I will survive/participate longer then a single day phase.

Regardless, I think I'll keep an eye on this game.

Will be rooting for the home team, of course.

:3

Be quiet.

Ok first off, yes I targetted Paper last night. I'm watcher, and I thought that he was a candidate for either getting roleblocked or killed so that we didn't end up with a confirmed townie. I forgot what a commuter was, because I'm an idiot. I think I've proven this enough this game. Honestly I'm really tired and just want to sleep now. I wouldn't mind a Helios lynch, but I still don't particularly like Rocker from yesterday, and I don't think that it's improved much.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rocker

Looking at Balcerzak's posts, he didn't provide very much on the first day, but I wouldn't call it coasting since circumstances limited his time to read (there was quite a lot of content to get through). I'm wondering if he's going to expand on his theory later.

Is there a difference between hooker and roleblocker, apart from alignment?

uhhhhhhh watcher claim is nice and all but uh wouldn't it have been better to attempt to watch Neko because of the vig claim? yes, I think someone called for a safeguard on Neko but picking Neko over Paper probably would have been better to at least try

honestly not sure what to think of this

SB's claim is horribad. He called out Mancer for bad timing on the claim, and he's claiming even though there are only like 2-3 votes on him, and we're not even that far into the phase.

Helios getting hooked by a mostly clear town rb only means the rb thought he was scum, not that he is scum.

I confirm I also targeted Paperblade. Not claiming anything else because I'm not premature. I may not be as suave as Helios, but history shows the ladies don't go home disappointed.

To be honest, maybe I'm dumb, but I didn't realize that both the commute and the friendly went off at the same time. That said.

I honestly don't feel like doing a lot of legwork at the moment, but thems personal reasons. Still, it would be anti-town to not at least try to say something.

Baldrick, Helios mentioned SB but in no way said he thought why SB was his top scumread until I prodded him hard on it today.

If Helios knew (or thought) Mancer wasn't scum, my thoughts are that he should have come up with a serious argument. Instead he disagreed with it and had his various scumreads that I didn't see him being very serious about at the time (and for most of Day2 tbh).

As for the hooker/hookernapper rolespec, Shinori among others said it for me. It's pretty redundant to have both. Not impossible though. So whatever I'll drop that I guess since I'm the only one who thinks what I think on it.

SBs claim is pretty meh. He watched Paperblade, who could've easily targeted a non-town player and isn't much of a scum threat as far as roles go (until mid-late game anyway). And why the hell did you claim now anyway? Neko was a better target because he actually threatened scum if he fired right (and he did so go NNR!).

Leaving work now be home on my PC soon to post bettrr

@Elieson: I'm pretty sure I argued to the best of my ability that I disagreed with the Mancer wagon, but seeing as no one listened and I actually felt bad for those two after Boron raged I kinda just gave up. BBM also tried to argue that it was a bad wagon but at that point Mancer was gonna get lynched and nothing would have changed that.

SB claiming watcher doesn't really do much for me because it's a fairly easy fakeclaim (seen scum do it a few times), and claiming hooked because of Paper makes it all the more easy to get away with it rather than doing the more townie thing and watching Neko who was a more probable kill target.

Bal, Kaoz, Rocker, and Kay need to post more (first two are pretty null, not sure about Rocker anymore after what BBM said earlier so I'll take a look at him tomorrow hopefully, and I think Kay is scum).

Gotta go to bed since I got a scope procedure to do tomorrow morning, but assuming all goes well I should be back by night time Friday, and if I post earlier than that chances are I'm still feeling the after effects of the anesthesia so keep that in mind. So yeah later everyone.

@Elieson: I'm pretty sure I argued to the best of my ability that I disagreed with the Mancer wagon, but seeing as no one listened and I actually felt bad for those two after Boron raged I kinda just gave up. BBM also tried to argue that it was a bad wagon but at that point Mancer was gonna get lynched and nothing would have changed that.

SB claiming watcher doesn't really do much for me because it's a fairly easy fakeclaim (seen scum do it a few times), and claiming hooked because of Paper makes it all the more easy to get away with it rather than doing the more townie thing and watching Neko who was a more probable kill target.

Bal, Kaoz, Rocker, and Kay need to post more (first two are pretty null, not sure about Rocker anymore after what BBM said earlier so I'll take a look at him tomorrow hopefully, and I think Kay is scum).

Gotta go to bed since I got a scope procedure to do tomorrow morning, but assuming all goes well I should be back by night time Friday, and if I post earlier than that chances are I'm still feeling the after effects of the anesthesia so keep that in mind. So yeah later everyone.

1: Technically I unvoted and had changed my mind on the mancer lynch. Still think you are pretty scummy, question can you at least tell me who you were originally going to target had I not roleblocked you? If not then okay, but I'd like that.

2: Technically what you have done is also an easy way for scum to prolong claiming.

3: Bed is stupid.

@Prims- I see your point against Lucina, but I think Manix's play has been protown enough that he's a lower priority right now than SB and Rocker.

@Paper- Why would SB target you if he was town? The answer to both that question and the one you posed is that he forgot you were a Commuter. I guess it's less likely he'd forget you were a Commuter if he had some scumbuddies, but tbh when you said that you were a Friendly Neighbour/Commuter, I assumed that those were two separate abilities. It's possible the mafia could have made a similar mistake.

Someone finally notices the incessant beeping that's been going on throughout the day. It seems to be posted to the faculty mailing list.

http://tinyurl.com/65yj8qt

why do people still selfvote as town in year two thousand twelve. sort of thought he was crumbing vengeful actually

still waiting for my night result, 250 char announcer sux

(host error: this is supposed to be posted at the beginning of the day, but I forgot about it until I was on my way to work this morning)

CARRY ON! I'll get to votals when I resolve everything else.