New Prince of Tennis Mafia: Season 1

Kaoz

Well not just that but he has no explanation for why he hasn't moved his vote/why it's still on you in the first place

As for Eclipse's vote on me, shrug. I appreciate you aren't giving me slack for my usual meta, but I didn't want to move my vote without reading back first. Why between just Paperblade and me, though?

Forgot Kay posted. She's in IRC, so I wish she'd come and weigh in here more.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest of the notable things are RD (currently null, since it's early and I know he's rusty) and scorri, who mentioned she'd be busy. I've mentioned everyone else that's been noteworthy under "Paperblade wagon".

(I'm going to bed after this)

meant to say this to Eclipse

one of blitz's posts suggests he got a reaction out of paperblade that made him feel comfortable with keeping his vote there but he's been super vague about it. I don't think it's worth voting him over, honestly. I don't have time to dig the post out though

You've focused on people who have been dwelling on the Paperblade wagon with inconsistencies in their posts made against him but never addressed Balcerzak like ever.

So... I get home, look at the thread and I had a vote on me... because I'm returning to Mafia? Wonderful. Glad to know that this community still thinks I'm the devil.

Anyways, I don't really have a vote to place because it's Cycle 1. Not Night 0 but Cycle 1. Probably a good idea to wait a cycle and for results of some kind.

It's called RVS lol

The 'let's sit around and wait for results' attitude is antitown

Maybe if you wait more than 1 phase, yeah. But waiting exactly one tells us how many mafias/kills are flying about and gives us a better chance at finding the mafia, don't you think?

You're being extra defensive today.

Actually...

##Vote: Bizz

You're going after people's throats and then immediately fighting back when someone mentions you. This is not normal behaviour of someone who has nothing to hide.

This is NOC so lynching first day is ideal. Quote from Paperblade to Proto in some game that happened once:

You had no way of knowing if the town had any information roles or even if it was likely that it did. Even if they did (for example, if you were one, which you weren't), you had no way of knowing how long they would survive. No Lynch is not viable in NOC unless you have a good reason to believe that a mislynch means you lose and would like another round of night results. If you don't think that talking gets you anywhere, you are simply wrong. Mafia and town have mutually exclusive goals, plus mafia have the burden of information and thus have difficulty acting natural. This can be hard to spot but it is there.

It's basically never worth risking the investigators getting NKed since then you're up a creek without a paddle. Lynching D1 means we have something to work with regardless of the cop's help D2 thanks to wagon analysis (it's not actually random since scum will never be able to act the same as town due to their different goals in mind, which is why a scum lynch is especially valuable. well it's random if everybody's playing like shit but we are talking about stuff for real here so there you go). Plus unlikely lynch, night results will never shoot scum unless there's a vig (who would be withholding his shot under NL situation anyway).

Cut by vote which probably means I typed this up for no reason lmao. Whatever, useful reference for returning players I guess.

Catching up.

Uhh I'm not seeing the reasoning for Blitz lynch at this juncture. He did just explain why he's still on Paper in his #80.

eclipse: "He's answering things in relatively calm manner" dude you go on about how emotion is a null tell every game and then you handwave away a wagon because of the manner in which the guy is responding to accusations with? Also, all my posts past page 1 RVS were game related or poking people into explaining themselves, and I had a lot less than RD or Levity. Given what I just said about Blitz your content so far looks like a lot of misrep. Are you sure we're reading the same thread?

##Unvote

##Vote: Balcerzak

Decent wagon, strongly dislike his response to Paper's vote because that sort of chiding stifles discussion more than anything (you're not defending yourself or even better finding a better target, you're just wasting a post to put your attacker down). Other stuff already covered, this guy needs to be pressed.

Paperblade has looked better from responses + content anyway; don't find the thought that he just wanted Blitz to Do Something unbelievable for town.

Heads up, I'm gonna be on a train for most of today. I might still post using a shitty laptop but don't count on it.

So... I get home, look at the thread and I had a vote on me... because I'm returning to Mafia? Wonderful. Glad to know that this community still thinks I'm the devil.

If you want a real return to the good ol' days we can powerwagon you for no good reason and hope you flip scum.

Also, I don't really see Bizz as being "extra defensive" as you call it.

Forgot Kay posted. She's in IRC, so I wish she'd come and weigh in here more.

complained about this in MM and will complain about this here

Maybe if you wait more than 1 phase, yeah. But waiting exactly one tells us how many mafias/kills are flying about and gives us a better chance at finding the mafia, don't you think?

You're being extra defensive today.

???????????

If anything that was more offensive than defensive, lmao

Oh yeah I also don't know what to feel about RD either. He appears to be keeping way on the safe side of things

It's reasonable, he hasn't played in months.

reasons for holding your vote on me?

What's the difference between keeping it on you and random voting someone else?

I wish people would cool it down with the posting a little if they don't have any solid game-related opinions to share. This game feels really spammy so far and we haven't gotten thoughts from a third of the players. RD's response to Bizz's Paper case is an example of white noise, it's all "I guess X, but Y" and doesn't clearly contribute. I feel like he's had the highest amount of posts that are game-related but don't really do much for town (discussing info rarely leads to finding scum if we're not in a set-up that needs to be gamed). Secondary scumread, maybe. If he's town he should probably step back until more has happened and he can post some clearer thoughts.

Prims, isn't it better to know someone is actively fluffposting than for them to not post? Quit complaining about activity.

Just because you aren't reading and responding to my posts doesn't make me less memorable.

Blitz, you are sidestepping the point. Why would you keep an RVS vote instead of voting someone you think is not town?

Uh, because he thinks you're not town, apparently. Would you rather he unvoted and revoted you?

Currently not feeling Paperblade as vote-worthy, 'cause he's answering things in a relatively calm manner right now. Not particularly happy with his wagon, either (Blitz hasn't bothered explaining himself, Bal's been posting more flavor than content, and Prims was busy spamming before he decided that everyone else should cut down on the spam).

His tone is calm but he's caring way too much about Blitzy's vote IMO, and he's talking about himself/people's votes for him quite disproportionately to the rest of the game.

lolLife. Look at the other RVS votes and reasons given. Like my vote for Whispy. You're not that special.

Blitzy's vote is fine, RD's not voting/general stuff is fine, Paper is scummy but if I'm estimating right he has enough votes that I don't want to pile another on him right now, Eclipse's buddying with him is bad, I'm a tiny bit suspicious of Prims but that's just gut, Whispy needs to exist but there's no point voting for someone who doesn't exist this early in the game.

##Unvote (Whispy)

##Vote: Eclipse

What's the difference between keeping it on you and random voting someone else?

At that point more stuff had happened so I wanted to know why I was still the better choice for a vote out of everyone else, or why she was pretty much being lazy with her vote

Life's reaction to me actually looks hypocritically defensive because his post that I attacked wasn't an attack on me at all.

ughh I forgot I have two choir rehearsals today, one in an hour and then another one that's going to be a full three hours long (the same on Thursday) because the Christmas concert is this weekend so if I disappear that's why

Votals

Balcerzak (3): Paperblade, Levity, Prims

Paperblade (2): Blitz, Balcerzak, Prims, Levity

Levity (2): scorri, Life, Prims, eclipse

Blitz (2): Radiant Dragon, eclipse

eclipse (1): Kay

scorri (0): eclipse

Helios (0): Kay

Radiant Dragon (0): Paperblade, Prims

Life (0): Levity

Should hopefully be correct. Phase ends in 44 hours, 22 minutes.

##Vote Scorri

She's pretty much defended herself from Bizz's scumvibe read and that's about it really. Not much content here.

I can support a Bal wagon at this point since he really hasn't done anything but talk about flavor which isn't entirely helpful.

I feel like some of the Paperbrad votes are kinda lazy, namely Blitz's who's just keeping his RVS vote on and trying to add some reasoning as to why he should keep it. I also found the ITP interaction between these two weird, and I'm wondering why they'd think there'd be a third party in this setup. Curious if they know a little something more than the rest of us.

Life's reaction to getting an RVS vote on him is weird, as well as his advocating a no-lynch basically, but he hasn't played in a while so I'll leave it at that. Also lol at trying to provoke Bizz.

Neutral on Bizz because she's tough to read early on, and I think RD leans town since he's trying to make something happen which is a towntell.

Did I miss anything?

I had two votes, so what does that make me? Good to be able to play with you again though, Life.

No, I'm not claiming 3rd Party, just trying to say that voting for a suspected 3rd Party isn't necessarily a bad idea (at least in my opinion), especially if the person doesn't have any stronger scum reads (not saying that that's the case here though, just in general).

I'm going to take another look through the topic before I post more of my thoughts but first, would someone remind me what ITP stands for?

Okay, Bizz, in your opinion, what is wrong with listposts? It seems reasonable enough considering that he just subbed in and his playerslot hadn't done anything he needed to defend.

I don't really see anything wrong with Helios's post, usually list posts are bad because they're a bunch of town reads with little to no explanation that give the appearance of contributing when they really aren't, but Helios was commenting on things he found scummy in a concise manner.