New Prince of Tennis Mafia: Season 1

Kaoz

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And on-topic, it's been over a year since RD played and the big "every game ever is NOC" thing hadn't really started til after he disappeared

Yeah, 99% of games that were played when I was active were OC, so my usual Day/Cycle One activity usually boiled down to starting conversations with players in PMs, only throwing in a vote when something fishy came up that I needed explained.

RVS hadn't started here back then, either. I'm perfectly willing to accept the fact the reason I don't like it is simply because I'm unfamiliar with it and it's advantages.

Yeah, 99% of games that were played when I was active were OC, so my usual Day/Cycle One activity usually boiled down to starting conversations with players in PMs, only throwing in a vote when something fishy came up that I needed explained.

RVS hadn't started here back then, either. I'm perfectly willing to accept the fact the reason I don't like it is simply because I'm unfamiliar with it and it's advantages.

okay, back to being on topic, what kind of info are you looking for?

ADVANTAGES: Maybe get a reaction out of someone

DISADVANTAGES: People use it as an excuse to act silly early on

It's better than sitting around and starting at the ceiling.

okay, back to being on topic, what kind of info are you looking for?

From what I can gather from the flavor, it looks to me like the U-17 Camp (Town) is being attacked by 2nd Court (Mafia, I'd assume), but it also mentions a 5th Court, which could be any of another Mafia, 3rd party, group of Independents, etc. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what it is we're dealing with as soon as possible.

If I'm failing reading comprehension here though, please let me know. I could have easily missed something.

##Vote: Paperblade

I was going to make some obi-wan kenobi joke here about you being a fool for striking RD down, but then I thought it might be mistaken as serious. Also, I couldn't think of the best wording.

Prims gets a pass because I don't think he's every played with him.

That said, it's been forever since I played with him too. It would be a shame to lose him so soon. :(

From what I can gather from the flavor, it looks to me like the U-17 Camp (Town) is being attacked by 2nd Court (Mafia, I'd assume), but it also mentions a 5th Court, which could be any of another Mafia, 3rd party, group of Independents, etc. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what it is we're dealing with as soon as possible.

If I'm failing reading comprehension here though, please let me know. I could have easily missed something.

it has been once again proven that I did not read the opening flavors (darn it)

Um I'd rather not sit and speculate too long (I like how Blitz immediately jumped to it being possible that RD could be third despite it being statistically unlikely due to this being an 11p game but see that's just dumb spec)

From what I recall of the New Prince of Tennis that I watched, the training camp was split up into several courts. The goal was that the winners in the lower courts would move up to the upper courts, and the losers from the upper courts would move down to the lower courts. 1st court is the top, and has the best players, etc. I want to say there were like, 19 or something courts, but I only watched a couple episodes back in January, before deciding I should probably watch regular PoT first, and then I started that but got sidetracked and forgot.

I honestly have no clue what the mafia faction, or any other faction may be referring to themselves. I don't know that we are really all that well served trying to speculate either way though.

Well yeah even if we do have two mafia actions/a third it won't do much good to spend too much time speculating until we get flips

Okay, I reread flavor, because that's what I do.

"Branded as losers, former members of this camp return suddenly in black jerseys."

Voted most likely to be the name for scum faction Black Jerseys.

Fucks given? None.

Back to work.

Okay well then I shall list my earlygame vibes

Scorri feels scum, Blitz feels town, Prims is super-neutral atm I don't know what to feel about him

I'd think if people (at least town) had info they'd reveal it off the bat?

I wouldn't reveal info if I had any

because it is more fun to catch things that shouldn't be than to warn people about stuff

RD: To be fair RVS is usually less awful than this.

##Unvote

##Vote: Paperblade

Highest noise:gametalk ratio in an earlygame with lots of noise. Why should Blitz be hunting third parties and not scum? Generally you only attack 3rd parties when their alignment is confirmed / highly likely.

Bal, is your vote serious, given that you had to justify voting Paper over me?