New Prince of Tennis Mafia: Season 1

Kaoz

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also uh could we like avoid generalizing peoples' posts without providing specific examples

like the reason life's "everything bizz posts just bloats up the thread with useless shit" pissed me off a lot was that he just like. generalized all the games I've ever played, even the ones he hasn't been here for and ??? I know I'm guilty of this too but I started to get better later on in C1 and I would just rather people at least give specific EXAMPLES to players so they can at least TRY to improve their content instead of pointless attacks like "everything ____ has posted is shit" or "everything _____ has posted is just scummy in general"

It also looks a lot better if you can actually back up your posts/makes you look like less of a lazy reader

There's reasoning behind what I say.

First of all, I haven't played with you for like a year and a half but I can still read you like an open book and provoke reactions that I'm looking for. Most notably, you start getting emotional and stop thinking rationally which is a positive for me (and the mafia).

Secondly, it was pretty much true. I was only talking about this game and half of your posts were essentially bloat. I don't need to see 50 posts in 2 hours on the same thing just from you. Especially not in C0.

Third of all, I was trying to come off inconsistent and let everyone think that "oh, he's just getting back into mafia so he's probably town and doesn't have a clue wtf he's doing". Assuming that RD doesn't check me on C0, it would have worked because I really only accrued votes thanks to him outing my role.

And I was just saying to helios that I rather people not try to affect me emotionally in games, everyone's been doing a good job of that so far

Just don't do that. If you're going to sit there and be a dick for literally no reason again I'm just going assume you're scum. And if you hate reading posts then just don't fucking play, jesus. I say what's on my mind and I'm used to repeating things because people NEVER get me the first time so I have to explain a million times

This goes for paperblade too regarding the post thing

If you want to talk about unnecessary bloat, or if you think sf is bad, try playing at jn

Edited by Sentamos

Actually no really can we like

Try to avoid emotional appeals or is this too much to ask because I'm sick of it

Actually no really can we like

Try to avoid emotional appeals or is this too much to ask because I'm sick of it

Too much to ask for.

I'm actually being serious. Take emotion out of the picture and you immediately get better at hiding stuff.

Except you're like the only one who uses emotional appeals here now for the most part except for Helios because a lot of the time all it actually does is make people not want to play

Edited by Sentamos

You're really gonna play that card again, Bizz? There's a reason why emotional appeals work so easily on you and you took the time to fix it yourself (hint: take the advice I've been giving you for a year and realize what happens in the mafia thread stays in the mafia thread) rather than asking everyone to change how they play so that it's easier for you, you won't have this problem anymore. But mafia is a game of provoking reactions and the more you let it get to you the easier you are to read, which people will take advantage of. Life makes some understandable points and rather than just calling him a jerk about it you should at least understand what he's trying to say.

Btw Life don't victimize yourself again that was dumb and I don't think anyone would fall for that lol. Though I'll give you props for playing the "I'm rusty and suck at NOC" card, since you were scumming the place up (I was thinking of switching a vote to you well before RD's cop claim but I kept saying "ehh maybe he's just rusty and I've never played with him before ;/") and managed to live longer than you should have. It's a one trick pony though so you'll have to think of something else.

Gotta love hindsight; rereading the game I realize how scummy Prims actually was...I'll have to pay more attention next time (though I really doubt I could have done anything to push that wagon off me C3).

Bal I apologize for getting you lynched, though I do hope you realize what I was trying to tell you when I found you scummy (like don't be so indecisive man! have some confidence in yourself!).

Oh and thanks Kaoz for giving me the opportunity to play!

Btw Life don't victimize yourself again that was dumb and I don't think anyone would fall for that lol. Though I'll give you props for playing the "I'm rusty and suck at NOC" card, since you were scumming the place up (I was thinking of switching a vote to you well before RD's cop claim but I kept saying "ehh maybe he's just rusty and I've never played with him before ;/") and managed to live longer than you should have. It's a one trick pony though so you'll have to think of something else.

It's worked in the past. Besides, I really had nothing going for me at that point.

No kidding that it's a one-trick pony but we both know that I'll never be playing NOC ever again because it bores me to shit.

I can only question as to how that actually worked lol.

That's too bad, I actually kinda wanted to see what moves you'd pull in the future. It's fun to observe these things since they're methods that aren't used all that often.

well NOC is all anybody plays anymore

life should read haphazard and post his thoughts. hilarious game & it was oc and everything

i got played pretty hard in that game. props to scumnori though he gave a ton of effort. took blitz and I forever to figure out what was actually going on.

Reading OC games is lame though because 90% of the important stuff happens outside of the thread. Haphazard was marginally better in that sense because D1 played out mostly NOC, but I was pretty lost after that when I read it. I pieced together most of it through what was said on the final day(s) and through endgame, but it wasn't as interesting as it might have been for someone actually playing.

Helios I never called life a jerk omg I don't think he's a jerk I just think emotional appeals are dumb because they're not even relevant to the game? All they actually do is make me want to die irl

Helios I'm speaking for everyone though, I'm not the only emotional player here and also you took some of the things that I said wrong so I give up I guess because you're going to keep misinterpreting everything and it is goimg to give me a headache. Emotional appeals ARE NOT LOGICALLY RELEVANT to the fucking game

But if you're going to argue that it is okay to make someone want to die for the sake of winning the game then maybe *I* shouldn't play with you but I don't want to stop playing just because some people don't know how to play mafia

I know I didn't play in this game, but the thing about appeal to emotion is that you can't always tell who's doing it or if it's intentional appeal to emotion or actual emotion. Some people do it on purpose, yes, but I'm sure there are others who do it without even realizing it and other people who are legitimately frustrated but are not trying to make an appeal to emotion (but it gets mistaken as such). To avoid this as a problem, you just need to be stubborn at the right times (which is not an easy thing to do, of course).

Helios I never called life a jerk omg I don't think he's a jerk I just think emotional appeals are dumb because they're not even relevant to the game? All they actually do is make me want to die irl

Just don't do that. If you're going to sit there and be a dick for literally no reason again I'm just going assume you're scum. And if you hate reading posts then just don't fucking play, jesus. I say what's on my mind and I'm used to repeating things because people NEVER get me the first time so I have to explain a million times

My bad I should have translated this to mean "Life I think you're an extremely kind angel of a person" I apologize

Helios I'm speaking for everyone though, I'm not the only emotional player here and also you took some of the things that I said wrong so I give up I guess because you're going to keep misinterpreting everything and it is goimg to give me a headache. Emotional appeals ARE NOT LOGICALLY RELEVANT to the fucking game

But if you're going to argue that it is okay to make someone want to die for the sake of winning the game then maybe *I* shouldn't play with you but I don't want to stop playing just because some people don't know how to play mafia

>A game about provoking reactions

>A method used to provoke reactions isn't logically relevant to the game

It is an understandable method that is super easy to defeat if you just stop taking things to heart so easily and realize what's going on. I'm only arguing this because like Boron said, people do this on accident all the time (like me) and it's not fair to get mad at someone who did it without meaning to. The fact of the matter is that we're all human and we can't help but get emotional sometimes. It feels a whole lot better when you can win a game without angering anyone, but that's almost impossible and you know it. So, what you CAN do though is try your best to not let it get to you. No one should ever feel like dying because of a mafia game.

That was to everyone in general lol.

Look I understand where I need to change okay I promise but I wantto play a game where people win through actually scumhunting and arguing instead of having to upset each other to win the game

Emotion is important to a game. You aren't going to play with all you have forms you aren't emotionally invested into the game. That's why you mess with people's emotions. The point is to ether provoke reactions or distract people's focus.

I agree that getting hurt emotionally by the game sucks, it only shows how much people care about the game itself. Some people play ad compete with an intense attachment, so being bothered by things here and there simply vary from person to person.

We can only do our best to remind ourselves that people aren't trying to intentionally cause genuine harm to others when they say whatever it is that they say.