[OC] Basics Mafia - Day 3

Life

This is Basics Mafia, an OC Mafia game for 12 players. The premise is very simple. If you and your faction manage to fulfill the conditions listed in your role PMs, you win.

Please read the rules. They are listed in this spoiler.

[spoiler=Rules]1. While you are alive, feel free to talk about the game. Once you have died, you may not participate in the game any longer until it ends. You may not share information you gained after death unless your role allows you to, or someone else's role allows them to talk to you.

2. The game will begin on Night 0. There will be no kills on Night 0. During Night 0, no one may paste their Role PM. Role PMs may be freely distributed starting from Day 1. PM Life and/or Clipsey for help in faking a role PM if you feel the need to. However, keep in mind that I have done a very shoddy job on role PMs and they are incredibly basic.

3. Do not take grammatical errors in PMs as proof of faking. We are human and can make mistakes. In addition, as I have mentioned in Rule 2, there will be discrepancies in the role PMs because I didn't feel the need on making elaborate role PMs.

4. You may paste things the hosts tell you, but do not anticipate everything we tell you is true. You can paste fake logs; PM Life or Clipsey for help faking a log. Screenshots are not allowed.

4a. With regards to night actions, Rule 4 does not exist. I will always tell you the truth of what happened that night (eg. if you were hooked, you will know).

5. Each phase shall be 48 hours. There will be extensions at my discretion. Do not ask for extensions, you will not get them. Actions not sent in on night phases will be considered forfeited. Oh and I won't be nudging you. You wanted to play so get them in.

6. We will allow stealth lynching if you can successfully pull this off.

7. During the day you must bold your vote and post ##flavor <USER>. To change your vote, you must edit your original post with your new vote. If you wish to vote for nothing at that time but have already voted, unbold your original vote and state something along the lines that it is retracted.

7a. There will be a lynch every day. A tie lynch will result in the person with the most previous votes from past days getting lynched. In the case that both lynchees have the same number of previous votes, a 24 hour delay will be given to determine a lynch target. If there is no majority in place after these 24 hours, the game will be called as a loss to all factions playing. In addition, if this happens a second time later in the game, the game will be called as a loss to all factions on the spot without a 24 hour grace period. Do not test me with this rule, it ruins the game for everybody.

7b. The person with the highest number of votes rather than a majority will be lynched. This is to avoid confusion in the wording of Rule 7a.

8. Each Night period will last 48 hours. If PMs haven't been sent by the end of the 48 hour period, it will be considered a forfeit of action.

9. Priorities. Don't ask about them.

10. Inform Life and Clipsey of all channels, spreadsheets, etc. you make for this game. Give us access: ask for our emails, our registered IRC nicks are Life and <whatever Clipsey's is>.

11. Send all PMs to Life and Clipsey so we can both update. If you are choosing to idle, please PM "NX - Idling" so we know you are active.

12. Be active or get out. You will almost assuredly lose this game if you are not active and anyone who could rely on you will be hampered by your inactivity. You will be subbed out if you are inactive for 48 hours. This is a promise.

13. We are your hosts and we will be writing the Postgame, so please talk to us about your thoughts on the game. While we cannot confirm or deny any suspicions you may have, we would love to hear them. We would also like reasons for your actions if possible.

14. The win condition for everyone is, "You are _________. You win when you eliminate all threats."

15. If you post in the thread when silenced or kidnapped, break a posting restriction or fail to vote for the person you were persuaded to vote for, you will be godkilled. We will be making it very clear what you can and cannot do (Psych), should one of these actions be directed your way, so you will have no excuse for not following the guidelines.

16. If you have a night action, you will gain a result based on the result.

17. This is an open theme game. Batman may be evil while Sephiroth could be the town BG. Flavour is essentially just that. Flavour.

18. Communication is key in this game and I don't mean just talking to people that you're allied with. If you don't have a PM open with everyone even after you know exactly what their role and faction is, you're playing wrong. That's about all the advice I can give you. And Rule #1 in the sign-up thread still applies.

19. Good luck and have fun. The fun isn't in winning, it's in trying to figure out HOW to win.

Players:

j00

Taewoo

Fera

Paperblade

Rapier

Aleph

Luster Purge

Dead:

Shinori - Lynched D1

Serious Bananjas - Axe'd N1

cyborg sammy davis jr. - Hit by bird and plane N1

MancerNecro - Lynched D2

CT075 - Lynched D3

Please do not do anything yet. Role PMs are being sent out and the game officially starts at 10 PM EST.

Edited by Am Yisrael Chai

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Role PMs have been sent. Game on.

N0 ends in 48 hours (Dec 11th at 10 PM EST). There are no kills tonight but a lot of shit should happen.

Good luck.

Edited by Am Yisrael Chai

N0 ends in 48 hours (Dec 14th at 10 PM EST). There are no kills tonight but a lot of shit should happen.

48 hours from now is December 14th?

(7:40:04 PM) Brad: "4a. With regards to night actions, Rule 4 does not exist. I will always tell you the truth of what happened that night (eg. if you were hooked, you will know)."

(7:40:13 PM) Brad: does this extend to inspect results

(7:40:31 PM) Rafi: Yes. Lawyer is a stupid role.

cop inspect me kthx

Also also

Cop if you get an inno that means you go talk to your fucking person and tell them you're cop so that you can coordinate, and your inno should out to say they are cop inspected and to clamtothem, that way mafia can't go "hue I'm cop you're inno" to split the town

If you get a guilty you out it so we can lynch that person

Are you gonna get bored and request a sub out, Rapier?

There aren't subs on this game... Anyway, nope, this game seems challenging and fun. So many old players returning. >>:

There aren't subs on this game... Anyway, nope, this game seems challenging and fun. So many old players returning. >>:

literally only obviam and proto (who has played multiple times this year anyway) but ok

(7:40:04 PM) Brad: "4a. With regards to night actions, Rule 4 does not exist. I will always tell you the truth of what happened that night (eg. if you were hooked, you will know)."

(7:40:13 PM) Brad: does this extend to inspect results

(7:40:31 PM) Rafi: Yes. Lawyer is a stupid role.

Rule 4 exists though. So this log may be false.

basically the idea is the town wants to get organized since towns are inherently more powerful due to the rules of OC compared to NOC, which means usually scums have stronger roles/more numbers to compensate