Top Posters In This Topic

[23:35] <Becky> can we just call the game

[23:35] <Becky> without requiring actions

[23:35] <@Paperblade> seriously

[23:35] <BBM> i am

[23:35] * Becky is now known as Prims

[23:35] <BBM> writing flavour

Well hey that was a quick night phase!

As you gathered around the table, this time, there were only 3 present. Helios, Mancer, and Boron. Helios looked around, confused, until he saw Mancer and Boron moving towards him together with a predatory smile on their faces. Helios started to back away in horror as the truth dawned on his face, but it was too late. He felt his body freeze, and an alien presence invade his mind. He tried to struggle, but it was in vain, as he was compelled to walk behind Mancer and Boron as they first visited Elieson's house. It was painfully quiet, with nothing but chunks of meat on the ground that Helios realized quickly were human flesh. He felt his spine curve down and his hand reach out for Elieson's role PM. He was:

Dear Elieson, you are Professor Oak, the League Governor.

oak.jpg

You were once an extremely powerful and respected trainer, but now spend your days in Pallet Town, researching the mysteries of pokemon.

Even though you are no longer a trainer, due to your work with pokemon, you are still universally respected in all regions across the world. Therefore, once, during the day, you may post in the thread, in bold, with <What in the world are you doing!? Stop immediately!>. Your influence will cause everyone to immediately stop what they are doing. This will cause the day phase to end immediately, without a lynch.

You win when all threats to the League are eliminated.

After that, Helios was forced to walk to SB's house, where SB lay outside the house, twitching slightly in his paralysis, his mouth open in a mute scream. It was then that Helios was set free from his mind control, and he fell to his knees with a gasp, crawling towards SB. "SB... I'm... so sorry..."

"Save it," Mancer sneered, as he and Boron moved closer towards them, their Raichu and Alakazam trailing behind with similar menace. "It's all over for you now!"

Helios and SB have been endgamed by Team Rocket! They were:

Dear Helios, you are Red, the League Pokemon Trainer.

red.png

You are a boy whose dream is to become the strongest trainer in the world, with the help of your pokemon.

You have just begun your journeys in the vast world of pokemon, and are still in training. As such, you may reply to your role PM with <Night X: Battle User>. If USER is a trainer of sufficient capabilities, this battle will teach you something about how better to use your pokemon. Thus, for every two trainers of such calibre that you battle (up to a maximum of six), you will earn a role.

You have battled two powerful trainers, and your new experiences and battles have taught you the necessity of communication. If you cannot communicate with your friends and allies, the evil in the world will swallow you up. Therefore, at night, in addition to your nightly battle, you may reply to your role PM with <Night X: Talk to USER>. If your action is successful, you will be able to speak to USER outside of the thread during the next day phase. Of course, you would never miss an opportunity to battle USER, so if they are a trainer of sufficient capabilities, using this ability will also teach you something about how to better use your pokemon.

Dear WREN Iris Jack SBarrow, you are Nurse Joy, the League Even-Night Doctor.

nursejoy.jpg

You are the nurse who runs the Pokemon Center in each town in all the regions of the world.

Your work in healing pokemon and helping them recover has taught you a great deal about bringing back both humans and pokemon from the very brink of death. Therefore, at night, you may reply to your role PM with <Night X: Heal USER>. If any attempts to kill USER are made, you will be on hand to heal their injuries and save them from death. However, your real job is to treat pokemon, not humans, so you will only be available to do this on every even night.

And with that, Team Rocket are the sole survivors, ready to move on to their plans of world domination! They were:

Dear MancerNecro, you are Lt. Surge, the Team Rocket Kidnapper.

ltsurge.jpg

You are the Gym Leader of Vermillion City, and are a master of Electric pokemon. You are also a member of the Team Rocket Triad.

Your mastery of electric pokemon has allowed you, with much practice and experience, to discover the maximum amount of electricity that the human body can withstand without dying. Therefore, at night, you may reply to your role PM with <Night X: Electrocute USER>. You will have your pokemon electrocute USER, which will render them so disabled that they will be unable to carry out their actions that night. In addition, the following day, they will not be able to post in the thread at all, except to vote.

You win when Team Rocket achieves parity with the rest of the players.

Dear Taewoo, you are Sabrina, the Team Rocket Rolecop.

sabrina.jpg

You are the Gym Leader of Saffron City, and are a master of Psychic pokemon. You are also a member of the Team Rocket Triad.

Not only are your pokemon psychic, but you yourself also possess psychic powers. Even from a young age, you demonstrated telekinetic abilities, and your powers have only grown with time. Therefore, at night, you may reply to your role PM with <Night X: Read USER’s mind>. You will delve into USER’s mind without their knowledge, and decipher their role PM.

You win when Team Rocket achieves parity with the rest of the players.

I'm incredibly disappointed in Town this game. Mafia didn't really deserve it, and IMO they lucked out.

I want to especially point out the following:

D4: This is where Mancer should have been lynched outright for his results. Hook/Rolecop/Kidnap where town!hook was flipped and has different flavor implies that all three of those actions are scumsided, but yet if there was 3 scum alive, the game would be over. Simple logic dicates that Mancer must be lying about his results.

I will be the first to agree that mafia didn't truly deserve the win either, especially me after losing control of my emotions on D4 (although I was drunk. I don't think I would've flipped out if I had been sober). But I feel that Mancer did well enough and at least deserved the win. Good game.

Now, my thoughts:

- No one should be excused for spouting nonsense. This means that if I think you're not making sense, you're being lynched. Perhaps this will give people an incentive to get better at the logical portion of this game.

- Likewise, if I see Boron losing it again, I lynch her first and ask questions later. That was NOT cool.

- I found it amusing that Kay and Paperblade were talking to each other, even if the former wasn't doing as good of a job posting as the latter would've.

- Red's role needs expounding in postgame.

I want to especially point out the following:

crap involving flavor that apparently we were supposed to assume was logical flavor, not flavor flavor

huh?

I will be the first to agree that mafia didn't truly deserve the win either, especially me after losing control of my emotions on D4 (although I was drunk. I don't think I would've flipped out if I had been sober). But I feel that Mancer did well enough and at least deserved the win. Good game.

Oh and don't worry. I'll be bappy to explain everything for you. Just give me a minute.

Basically, I flipped and had a certain way of hook. Which means the hook claimed wasn't mine. No town rolecop claimed, kidnapper was obviscum. Therefore, all three of those actions should have been scum sided. That was impossible. So.

I'll give a full analysis of all the roles and why they were there tomorrow when it's not 3 am, but Helios's role gave him "experience" every time he fought a strong trainer (Blaine, Erika, Brock, Giovanni, Sabrina, Surge, Oak, Blue). For every two experience he got, up to a maximum of 6, he gained a role. These were, in order received, Networker/Neighborizer, Self-Protect, Rolecop.

But I feel that Mancer did well enough and at least deserved the win.

not rly lol, he fumbled his fakeclaim like 20 times and lead up to it in a way that would've been Bad Play had he been town

Edited by cyborg sammy davis jr.

like elie think about it: it still was a 1v1 between mancer and j00 D3

and tbf since j00's action was modconfirmed it was also faked so uh

Obviously it wasn't so obvious if I didn't get it until an explaination during postgame.

And yea I was at a Boron/Mancer or Boron/j00 and was doing my best to color-coordinate questions to figure out which. It didn't help that I couldn't find the votals on my phone from BBM because they weren't bolded (but yea that's shitty reasoning I know, it's just 1AM and I got tired of it)

not rly lol, he fumbled his fakeclaim like 20 times and lead up to it a way that would've been Bad Play had he been town

Okay, that's true enough. He did a good enough job of getting Helios' trust so that Helios viewed him as an auto-clear at least, so that Helios pushed on town!j00 as my scum buddy.

Edited by Sangyul

crumbing investigative roles/power roles non-subtly is antitown for the record

also some of my comments in my qt won't make sense until the mafia qt is posted so

Edited by Manix

Okay, that's true enough. He did a good enough job of getting Helios' trust so that Helios viewed him as an auto-clear at least, so that Helios pushed on town!j00 as my scum buddy.

Helios's play was incredibly subpar compared to his normal level

To be perfectly blunt, Boron, that was because Helios did not play well after D2, not because of anything Mancer did.

Helios, you were just so very confident in all of your reads that you flat-out refused to even consider anything different. Unless somebody is roleconfirm, you CANNOT use them as a starting point for a PoE. No matter how pro-town you think they look. And considering like every other person in the game except you said that they found Mancer scummy on D4, you really should have taken a closer look at why you thought Mancer's play was so protown when it wasn't really at all (certainly it couldn't have been if 4 people, at least 2 of whom had to be town, disagreed with you).