Pokemon X and Y

Jaybee

Black and White were released 3 years ago in Japan. (2010)

Diamond and Pearl were released in 2006.

Ruby and Sapphire came out in 2003.

Gold and Silver came out in 1999

Red and Blue came out in 1996.

3-4 years between each generation. The gap between Gen5 and Gen6 is 3 years.

I think it feels so short because we just got BW2 over in America in October (3 months ago).

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to the starters:

Chespin: I honestly don't really know. I'd guess pure Grass.

Fenekin: It used a pink, psychic looking move in the trailer, so Fire/Psychic. Failing that, Fire/Fighting because IT NEVER EEEENDS!

Froakie: It used an ice looking move if I remember correctly, and it's got the pale, cyan color associated with Ice types compared to the deeper colors for waters. Water/Ice.

Also, EXCITE.

Guessing types now, huh? I'll throw a few predictions into the hat.

Xerneas - Steel/??? (can't guess other type without official art)

Yveltal - Flying/??? (can't guess other type without official art)

Chespin Line - Grass/Dark (it looked like Chespin was using a Dark-type move in the trailer)

Fennekin Line - Fire/Psychic (it looked like Fennekin was using a Psychic-type move in the trailer)

Froakie Line - Water/Fighting OR Water/Ice (we'll find out)

What we need then is a tanky Poison type Pokemon.

Drapion and Scolipede are crying right now.

Edited by Karaszure

I think Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting seem to be pretty good bets. It has the two reverse triangle thing going on, and it doesn't seem to fit them badly, although it's difficult to tell with only the first form to judge.

The fire/fighting combo of the fire starter evolutions is getting repetitive. I'm glad the fox at least looks nothing like a fighting type. But then again that's what I thought about Torchic.

The grass starter having Electric secondary type would be pretty cool. But my guess is it will be Dark.

Grass/Electric would be the first really good defensive typing for Electric. Elec/Flying first had trouble with Ice Beam then got pretty trampled on by SR. Still a great type, but offensively only now.

Fire/Grass would also be an excellent defensive typing for Fire.

-shrug- Point is: BW2 were sequels based on a later intervention from Nintendo, not GF's intention - and part of that can probably be pointed to the fact that there were no Hoenn remakes on the horizon, and they wanted to be able to sell two versions for this new mechanic (almost certainly the key system, which could still have worked, with changes, without having two different games). Hence my earlier theory - if there's a Hoenn remake, we'll probably see Z. If there's not, X/Y2/

Poison types are one of the best types Defense-wise. They're just terrible offensively (as in, they're only good against Grass types, and even then there are a lot of Grass/Whatver hybrids that take away even that advantage).

So, in another world, the poor man's poison...

Dragon is one of the best type offensively and defensively. It's the reason Ice is considered a good offensive type.

If Froakie end up Water/Fight, he should be more like Infernape that Emboar.

With this look, it should be specially oriented. and also more speed-based.

I'd love to have it or another Pokemon specializes in priority move.

Guys, I hope there's gonna be new type combos... it's about type we get silly combos like water/fire, dragon/poison, grass/electric or ghost/fight (I don't think we have one like those yet)...if there's new Eeveelutions I'm totally all for Dragon, Fighting, Flying and/or Poison! I'm also curious at what's going to be the new Contests/Musicals/Movies thing, if we're getting a new type of Battle Frontier, the new moves, and who knows what else they're concocting? Heck, if anything, maybe it's gonna have connection to Black/White and maybe N will make an appearance! ...What else am I interested in... Oh! I hope that we'll finally have a Dark-type Gym! And, hmm... I think it's about time other types gets to shine as Elite Four... Electric and Normal are two that I have in mind... I'm also excited for the Team and their motives, lately we're having more interesting people in Teams!

Grass/Electric already exists.

I really want more dragon and/or fire Pokemon this gen. I didn't like the dragon's in the last 2 gens, Haxorus looked like an insect, Deino looked dumb and its final evolution looked like the first boss in Twilight Princess with wings. And I don't know why they gave a hammerhead legs and called it a dragon in 4th gen. Maybe an asian style dragon or something would be nice. And give us a new evolution for some guys who were left out, Kangashan, Absol, Stantler, and give us Mewthree.

I think less dragon pokemon are needed. Dragon is a ridiculously good typing, and I think that dragons are cooler when they're kept rare.

But yeah, there needs to be more fire pokemon.

Grass/Electric already exists.

I think less dragon pokemon are needed. Dragon is a ridiculously good typing, and I think that dragons are cooler when they're kept rare.

But yeah, there needs to be more fire pokemon.

I loooked at the main sites Pokedex, and what we really need is more Electric Types. There are as much Electric Types as Dark Types(39),

Fight Types are 40 and Metal are 37. I expect Metal and Dark to be rare, but Electrik... That really surprised me.

EDIT : Also, we also already have Bug/Ground and Bug/Water but I still want more off them.

I want every type combinations fully exploited before having new(s) type(s)

EDIT 2 : Also, Ice is one of the rarest type with Dragon (29 both) and Ghost (27).

Though alternate forms aren't considered here, so there really are 32 Ice Pokemon (adding Rotom and both Kyurems). Still not a lot...

Fire type as 48 Pokemon (49 with Rotom) and Rock has 47.

So here are the most needed types.

Even if Water will flood the Pokedex once again.

Edited by TendaSlime

Is it too late to guess what types the starters will be?

Chespin - Grass/Psychic

Fennekin - Fire/Fighting

Froakie - Water/Ghost

I think there are too many pure water and grass starters.

Just as much as Fire/Fighters, yet the complaints aren't there.

Anyway :

Chespin : I'm unsure on this. Probably Grass/Fighting, but both this and Grass/Dark have been used pretty often.

Fennekin : Fire/Psychic.

Froakie : The cloud on the back could hint to Electric, Flying or arguably even Ice. IMO the most likely to be monotype.

As for stats :

Chespin : High attack, average speed and defenses, low HP and special attack.

Fennekin : High speed and good special stats, but low everything else.

Froakie : High special attack, higher than average HP and defenses, low attack and speed.

Just as much as Fire/Fighters, yet the complaints aren't there.

I'm a complainer. I haven't liked the fire/fighting combo since it was introduced in 3rd gen, and they've kept fucking doing it for starters since. Quite annoying and it's getting repetitive.

Kinda off-topic, but I'd love a remake of Yellow... But with every region accessible. Or at least Johto as well as Kanto. I would jizz in my panties if that ever happened.

I'm a complainer. I haven't liked the fire/fighting combo since it was introduced in 3rd gen, and they've kept fucking doing it for starters since. Quite annoying and it's getting repetitive.

I mostly meant for the mono Grass and Water type starters. There's 3 in both cases as well.

Fire/Fighting might be repetitive, but it's actually quite good, instead of something such as Fire/Rock.

Is it too late to guess what types the starters will be?

Chespin - Grass/Psychic

Fennekin - Fire/Fighting

Froakie - Water/Ghost

I highly doubt a starter will have ghost type. Even more than Dragon Type actually.

The main reasons is that the base moves for every pokemon in every game is Normal Type.

You could counter this by every starter should have a Dark/Ghost Move as base...

And Fennekin should learn Nasty Plot.

I would find it funny if Froakie learned Amnesia.

Well most starters don't gain a secondary type until at least their second stage, so the fact that Ghost type is immune to the Normal basic attacks would be okay by that point. Off the top of my head I think only Bulbasaur has had its secondary type before evolving at all.

Dragon has a hard enough time being good as its own type. I think they're fine having 17 types to work with. At the most they just need to improve some of the types, maybe alter a weakness/strength like making Water weak to Poison or something.

what dragon is like the best type