I got hit on for the first time

Junkhead

He knew I was heterosexual. In fact, he says "I like you because you're so hetero!". A friend of mine was actually playing along and doin the same to him and the guy said he was "scared" because he was being too direct, and that he doesn't like homosexual men because they're too femenine.

Nah, he just got that vibe from you ;).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're allowed to complain when the men that hit on you are old enough to be your father.

lol

I work with a guy who does that. It creeps everyone out.

Old dude with cane and everything told a friend of mine "Young lady, you have the perfect body", before hobbling off again. Super creepy.

Is it more or less creepy if it is a woman?

Edited by Makaze

Old dude with cane and everything told a friend of mine "Young lady, you have the perfect body", before hobbling off again. Super creepy.

That's really creepy...do you guys know what a hormagaunt is?

Well, in a book I like, "the" Hormagunt is a guy who's basically a body-snatcher!

He tries to trade his secret for the way to grow dollars on trees.

Oh yeah, women have it so hard. [/sarcasm]

Alright, I know it can be a pain, especially if they're too persistent. (i.e. still comong on to you after blowing them on) But come on, most guys will gladly change scenario's (Hunter --> Hunted).

The suspense of always being expected to act first on basically everything, while some people love it, most of us hate it. I'm used to it now and I'm not too fussed about the occasional rejection, but it really held me back a few years ago while later hearing that she really liked me and wish I had come on to her.

Women really just need to be short, or look annoyed or give some other - subtle or not - hint as to if they're interested or not.

I know this sounds a lot like stereotyping, and no, of course this isn't true in all cases, but for a great majority the point still stands I believe. Not trying to hiyack this topic or anything, but how do you guys/girls look at this?

Also, as for the posters case, if you made it clear you're not interested, he's kind of a douche to be honest... And I guess he's not a fan of the stereotype gay person, which is perfectly understandable. I actually have been in this situation once in my life, though I didn't know it until one of his girl friends said he like me and was flirting with me. I was like.... that was flirting? xD

I'm afraid I'm not seeing where anything was said other than "getting hit on in an annoying way remains annoying, even if/when it happens more than once" :p

And I'm guessing it's not what you meant, but calling what people do in hitting on each other "hunting" makes it sound even less appealing to be subject to, much less if it's somebody from whom it isn't welcome.

Basically, take it easy, dude; the gender divide sucks for a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. I get the frustration, it's not an uncommon or unreasonable response to the pressure, but from what you brought up, for all we know, part of why your friend might've been disappointed you didn't come onto her might've been because she didn't think it was an option to go to you herself. It might not happen the same way for everybody, and the net moral advantage has no limit of food for argument, but IMO gender shit makes it harder for just about all of us to treat each other as equally as we might like.

griping about half of youse guys being awfully quick to bring out the "I have it worse so your feelings are invalid" arguments redacted

I'm afraid I'm not seeing where anything was said other than "getting hit on in an annoying way remains annoying, even if/when it happens more than once" :p

And I'm guessing it's not what you meant, but calling what people do in hitting on each other "hunting" makes it sound even less appealing to be subject to, much less if it's somebody from whom it isn't welcome.

Basically, take it easy, dude; the gender divide sucks for a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. I get the frustration, it's not an uncommon or unreasonable response to the pressure, but from what you brought up, for all we know, part of why your friend might've been disappointed you didn't come onto her might've been because she didn't think it was an option to go to you herself. It might not happen the same way for everybody, and the net moral advantage has no limit of food for argument, but IMO gender shit makes it harder for just about all of us to treat each other as equally as we might like.

griping about half of youse guys being awfully quick to bring out the "I have it worse so your feelings are invalid" arguments redacted

Ah yes, "hunting" isn't really the right word for it, I agree. I... didn't really know how to phrase it differently. (Actually, looking at it again I could have just left that part out, everyone probably knows what I meant.

And I probably came on too strong about this, that wasn't really my intention to be honest. (I am taking it easy xD) I was just wondering what everyone's opinion of this was. I see what you're saying though, and I actually agree with that. Anyway, apologies for the fuss I made, really didn't intented it that way.

you should have just fucked him

Thing about this line of logic, though...

In fact, he says "I like you because you're so hetero!".

...and then he wouldn't like you anymore and problem solved. Unless you end up liking it, in which case go contact a television studio with your new sitcom idea.

I remember feeling a little startled the first time (at least the first time I realized) I was being hit on. I just remember thinking (what the hell is going on...isn't this my job?) and feeling really awkward. I was a really shy kid back then though and was horrible with social interactions so I just didn't know what to do. Looking back now I laugh at my old self.

Wah

Well thankfully I've never been hit on by girls...

But there was this one guy that was a huge flirt and back then I was too stupid to realize that while he was flirting he just did it because he liked my shy reactions and he could tell I liked him... Then when I quit liking him he realized I didn't react to him anymore he started to leave me alone...

Because of him I became afraid of flirts and would get turned off by any other flirts I came across *stares at Integrity* >_> because for all I knew they only do it for attention or because they like the reactions they get... but also it seems so manipulative to me, if only because I fall for it so easily!!

Then there's the creep that hit on me...

Thankfully I won't have to worry about those anymore though because Integ's not as bad as the flirts I'm used to and (as far as I know GASAP) he's not a creep either~

;-;

Frefre your words hurt my soul. I thought what we had was special ;-;

;-;

Frefre your words hurt my soul. I thought what we had was special ;-;

Wait, was I supposed to include you in that glare? xb

When's Integ's and Freohr's wedding? I will literally fly out there to be Integ's Best Man /hint

W-well it wouldn't happen until we are both finished with college~