What will NoA do about Nowi?

As I recall, nn is a good deal younger than the rest of the G2 cast, strongly implying that Nowi didn't get pregnant until well after the events of G1.

I am assuming that what he means is that,

while she does have a daughter from the future, she still doesn't actually get impregnated during the course of the game, meaning that whatever sex happens later, once the game is over, maybe even 10-20 years into the future when she's slightly more mature.

The thing is that over the course of the lifetime of her husband, she couldn't have possibly grown much older because Ninian and Nils didn't grow much older over the course of a whole thousand years. Think about it, even in the best possible circumstances we are looking at a mere tenth of what little growth those two showed. And that's heavily exaggerated in IS favor. Nobody reaches a hundred years, let alone keeps their sexual potency that long.

Man, I just love how IS burned themselves every bridge that could have served as an excuse. There are no redeeming circumstances for her.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Apparently" based on what?

That the only topics I've seen you post on in the Awakening board have been to complain about Nowi, to complain that Frederick's body is ready, and that you fuel your own hatred of the former's case by making her your Avatar with text stating she's "a mommy". Add in that your first argument in this thread basically says that no one is allowed to praise this game because of Nowi's mere existence, and we should all boycott it...

The thing is that over the course of the lifetime of her husband, she couldn't have possibly grown much older because Ninian and Nils didn't grow much older over the course of a whole thousand years. Think about it, even in the best possible circumstances we are looking at a mere tenth of what little growth those two showed. And that's heavily exaggerated in IS favor. Nobody reaches a hundred years, let alone keeps their sexual potency that long.

No, and she'll never stop looking like a child, but her husband could at least teach her to be more mature about things, and she could start acting her age, whether or not she looks it.

I have no problem with you hating her appearance because it's pretty shit, but denying every possibility just based on that is fairly dumb :/

That the only topics I've seen you post on in the Awakening board have been to complain about Nowi, to complain that Frederick's body is ready, and that you fuel your own hatred of the former's case by making her your Avatar with text stating she's "a mommy". Add in that your first argument in this thread basically says that no one is allowed to praise this game because of Nowi's mere existence, and we should all boycott it...

So I complain about Nono, argued that NoA's adaption of a Reggie meme might be out of character for him and protest about Nono by using a sarcastic Avatar...

Yes, I can see why you think that I complain about everything and not just Nono.

No, and she'll never stop looking like a child, but her husband could at least teach her to be more mature about things, and she could start acting her age, whether or not she looks it.

I have no problem with you hating her appearance because it's pretty shit, but denying every possibility just based on that is fairly dumb :/

No, Fa showed that Dragons do in fact have the same maturity as their appearance would suggest. The girl didn't even know about death even though she is the same age as Sophia. And she was already stated to grow slower then normal humans. Trust me, I did try seeking for redeeming circumstances for this game.

Edited by BrightBow

Not to mention, don't Manakete stop "aging" so to speak, by looks? I remember whatshisface in Path of Radiance said that, and while I would assume it only applies to FE9, it DOES explain why Myrrh, who looks like she's about 4 years old, has the maturity of an adult. (Or near to it.)

So I complain about Nono, argued that NoA's adaption of a Reggie meme might be out of character for him and protest about Nono by using a sarcastic Avatar...

Yes, I can see why you think that I complain about everything and not just Nono.

his evidence is insufficient, yes, but you sort of do complain about everything

I've been around here a lot longer than he has and I cannot think of a positive post by you off the top of my head ;/

I hope they change nothing just so I can keep hearing people bitch about her.

Me too, that's why she's so awesome. And she's adorable too.

Anyway, as far as Nowi is concerned I don't think they changed her much, other than her speech patterens and what not as someone said. As far as the site is concerned, they might do to her what they did to Panne, only showing her head. But yeah I like Nowi.

No, Fa showed that Dragons do in fact have the same maturity as their appearance would suggest. The girl didn't even know about death even though she is the same age as Sophia.

Trust me, I did try seeking for redeeming circumstances for this game.

> implying that dragons from elibe are the same as the ones in other continents.

okay bro

> implying that dragons from elibe are the same as the ones in other continents.

okay bro

Assuming either way until more concrete evidence is provided is kind of silly, but it's not the most relevant of points anyway - Nils and Ninian are half-dragon, with a human father. One could easily argue that if this makes them (and Nn) constitute the lower end of dragon lifespans, then that just makes Nowi more worring, but it's 2AM and I couldn't be bothered

No, Fa showed that Dragons do in fact have the same maturity as their appearance would suggest. The girl didn't even know about death even though she is the same age as Sophia. And she was already stated to grow slower then normal humans. Trust me, I did try seeking for redeeming circumstances for this game.

Whereas Nowi does know what death is, isn't fooled by obvious lies with regards to the latter point and at several points exhibits far more maturity than she does in day to day life.

Defining maturity is quite hard and while nobody would argue that Nowi is physically mature, I would argue that she's more older mentally than she lets on.

I will agree that her outfit could do with being more... complete though. But given what Naga, Tiki and the default Manakete outfit is, it appears that Manakete's not wearing much has been retconned into being a cultural thing or something.

his evidence is insufficient, yes, but you sort of do complain about everything

I've been around here a lot longer than he has and I cannot think of a positive post by you off the top of my head ;/

Most of my posts are probably negative but:

I do appreciate the improvements in regards to the endless game rather then what FE8 did. For the artwork, I actually like the coloring. I think I can do without everyone being armored in Rainbow colors.

Most of the mechanical changes seem promising enough but I haven't played it yet so I don't know yet.

I'm pretty sure that list goes longer once I get to play. The thing is, I usually don't post casually. I tend to post only when I feel particular strongly about something so I end keeping my positive thoughts for myself.

Edited by BrightBow

Man, I just love how IS burned themselves every bridge that could have served as an excuse. There are no redeeming circumstances for her.

I don't think Ninian and Nils are that relevant here. Part of the longevity of the Manaketes in Akanea seems to come from them sleeping for long periods and apparently not using the dragon transformation much. Don't forget that originally Tiki aged a bit between Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem (although, maybe New Mystery retconned that...). So, yeah, it is possible that Nono looked more mature by the time she has a daughter, even if not like an adult.

Besides, I really don't think Nono looks like a 10 years old. Aside from the flat chest, her body structure looks closer to a young teen like Nino (who could be paired up in FE7...).

Edited by NeonZ

Besides, I really don't think Nono looks like a 10 years old. Aside from the flat chest, her body structure looks closer to a young teen like Nino (who could be paired up in FE7...).

...and who canonically has children like three years later.

Actually, Nino isn't a bad analogue except for she had clothes on.

Edited by Integrity

...and who canonically has children like three years later.

Actually, Nino isn't a bad analogue except for she had clothes on.

Yeah, but female Akanean Manakete's don't seem to wear many clothes. I mean, in the picture that BrightBow posted earlier (http://www.serenesforest.net/media/fe3illust/Chiki.jpg), Tiki isn't really dressed heavily. I mean, it's better than what Nono's wearing, but it's still pretty revealing overall.

I can't help but feel that the outfits most FE13 characters wear are supposed to be taken as a joke.

You know, a funny joke that makes you think something is silly and you can still enjoy whatever you're doing because it's silly.

Besides, it's not like any of her possible husbands are being creeps about being interested in her throughout their supports. As far as I know.

I can't help but feel that the outfits most FE13 characters wear are supposed to be taken as a joke.

You know, a funny joke that makes you think something is silly and you can still enjoy whatever you're doing because it's silly.

Suddenly, it all makes sense! Why didn't that occur to me?

Nowi is pretty tame by Japan's standards. If you want to enjoy anything but the most mainstream titles from Japan you are going to have to overlook the occasional sexualization of children. It's kind of their thing.

And it's topics like this that make me wish more people played the "wait and see" game. Or even better yet, actually read some of the translated script before jumping to conclusions about certain characters just because of their looks.

So you don't like how Nowi looks and you like the fact that she has a child to her name even less. Big whoop. Nobody's saying that her appearance is perfect for characters in her, I guess you could call it an archetype? I dunno. But haven't you heard the saying "never judge a book by its cover"? Granted, I haven't looked at all of Nowi's supports just yet. But at least I'm willing to wait to decide if I like her character or not.

If you don't want pedo implications by marrying Nowi, make your Avatar a shota.

And I know she's like a 1000 years old but let's face, the only reason she (and Fae, Myrhh, Tiki) appear as little girls to appeal to the lolicon demographic.

And you don't have to have her marry someone.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

And it's topics like this that make me wish more people played the "wait and see" game. Or even better yet, actually read some of the translated script before jumping to conclusions about certain characters just because of their looks.

So you don't like how Nowi looks and you like the fact that she has a child to her name even less. Big whoop. Nobody's saying that her appearance is perfect for characters in her, I guess you could call it an archetype? I dunno. But haven't you heard the saying "never judge a book by its cover"? Granted, I haven't looked at all of Nowi's supports just yet. But at least I'm willing to wait to decide if I like her character or not.

There is another saying: "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.". And quite frankly: Since it was announced, this game has quacked a lot.

Do you really think that Nowi's wardrobe serves a meaningful purpose to the games narrative? Really? Besides pandering to the worst aspects of the Otaku subculture and a few cheap jokes?

And Nono's personality is that she really does act like a child. I'm sorry but I fail to see any redeeming factors with her.

If you really want to, you can shrug it of by calling it a cover, whatever. But even that doesn't change the fact that said cover just so happens to be disgusting.

And I know she's like a 1000 years old but let's face, the only reason she (and Fae, Myrhh, Tiki) appear as little girls to appeal to the lolicon demographic.

And you don't have to have her marry someone.

You know as well as I do, that those girls have an entirely different wardrobe. They are "Moe" or whatever but they aren't sexualized in any way. Nowi really is without equal.

Edited by BrightBow

There is another saying: "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.". And quite frankly: Since it was announced, this game has quacked a lot.

Do you really think that Nowi's wardrobe serves a meaningful purpose to the games narrative? Really? Besides pandering to the worst aspects of the Otaku subculture and a few cheap jokes?

And Nono's personality is that she really does act like a child. I'm sorry but I fail to see any redeeming factors with her.

If you really want to, you can shrug it of by calling it a cover, whatever. But even that doesn't change the fact that said cover just so happens to be disgusting.

You know as well as I do, that those girls have an entirely different wardrobe. They are "Moe" or whatever but they aren't sexualized in any way. Nowi really is without equal.

What if I was to say Nowi isn't sexualized? Even if her wardrobe is more revealing she's not going to appeal to anyone except those who already find the loli concept appealing.

Edited by arvilino

What if I was to say Nowi isn't sexualized? Even if her wardrobe is more revealing.

Well, if that claim would change my mind, that would be very impressive, considering I even used the term "lingerie" very deliberately because I figured that even the term "underwear" just isn't sufficient in describing her clothes. And the game really isn't helping it's case with the ribbons and hearts.

Edit: Good to know, I'm really not the only one to edit their posts when somebody already writes a response.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of the new part. There is no difference between a normal child and a sexualized one because they appeal to the same crowd anyway? How does this make her any better? Or somehow not sexualized for that matter?

Edited by BrightBow

And Nono's personality is that she really does act like a child.
act like a child.
act

And that's the key word. Where it matters, she shows key signs of maturity. She knows to put others needs before her own, tells people when they're pushing themselves too hard and recognises emotions like romantic love, along with understanding things like marriage. Contrast Nn, who despite appearing more emotionally mature, is actually far less mature overall. Nono's an adult who's living like a child because she enjoys it, while Nn's more of a child acting like an adult because she thinks she has to.

Edited by Onestep