The Lunatic Club

Shinori

I also notice that a few others doing a Lunatic Playthrough manage to use Nowi just fine.

How difficult is it to get her up to snuff on Lunatic? I didn't really bother with her on Hard mode...

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the help on Chapter 3 guys.

...but I still hate this mode. XD

Lunatic mode seems fair, but this honestly doesn't. It seems more like they didn't finish testing this mode. Well, I am glad this doesn't affect Postgame because I will probably not play this mode for long.

I also notice that a few others doing a Lunatic Playthrough manage to use Nowi just fine.

How difficult is it to get her up to snuff on Lunatic? I didn't really bother with her on Hard mode...

I wouldn't say I managed to ever really get her "up to snuff". She was competent enough to consistently wipe up stragglers, and eventually stopped being OHKO, but her speed was always complete ass, even with a Merc in her pocket.

I really, really suck at this game.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to play prologue through chapter 2? I can make it through the prologue okay, but usually Avatar is like level 3 and Chrom is closing in on level 2 because I'm stuck at the "don't abuse Frederick" part. Then chapter 1 comes, and attempts to use units other than Frederick generally results in their swift deaths. Chrom/Avatar paired with Frederick can last for a while on chapter 1, and then chapter 2 comes and it's just a slaughter.

Hopefully I'll get better as I play, but until then I'd love some help. I know some of you guys will laugh at my ineptness, but ah well.

I really, really suck at this game.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to play prologue through chapter 2? I can make it through the prologue okay, but usually Avatar is like level 3 and Chrom is closing in on level 2 because I'm stuck at the "don't abuse Frederick" part. Then chapter 1 comes, and attempts to use units other than Frederick generally results in their swift deaths. Chrom/Avatar paired with Frederick can last for a while on chapter 1, and then chapter 2 comes and it's just a slaughter.

Hopefully I'll get better as I play, but until then I'd love some help. I know some of you guys will laugh at my ineptness, but ah well.

Frederick is a saving grace, at Chapter 13 and he is still fricking useful. You need to main him especially throughout the first 5 chapters and the first sidequest. Just try to lure the enemies towards the units you want to train and you'll do fine. (Use Chrom and MU, and Lon'qu once you get him) Also heal everybody to full even when it's not necessary, Lissa needs all the levels she can get.

A tip for chapter 1, let Frederick take MU's Bronze Sword, double up with Chrom, and head to the fortress. Let everybody stay away from attack range for a while and towards the end let MU kill the archer as well as the boss.

Edited by Quick

Frederick is a saving grace, at Chapter 13 and he is still fricking useful. You need to main him especially throughout the first 5 chapters and the first sidequest. Just try to lure the enemies towards the units you want to train and you'll do fine. (Use Chrom and MU, and Lon'qu once you get him) Also heal everybody to full even when it's not necessary, Lissa needs all the levels she can get.

A tip for chapter 1, let Frederick take MU's Bronze Sword, pair up with Chrom, and head to the fortress. Let everybody stay away from attack range for a while and towards the end let MU kill the archer as well as the boss.

So I don't need to worry about leveling them too much early on? That's a relief, lol.

Is a level 4ish Avatar okay for chapter 2?

And what units should I be focusing on using, besides Chrom/Frederick/Avatar/Lissa?

Oh, one last question (sorry to bombard you XD), bu do you have any tips for Chapter 2? Should I just clear the first wave with solely Frederick paired with Chrom, and focus on getting extra levels when I hit the second part of the map?

Edited by Swift sword

Oh, one last question (sorry to bombard you XD), bu do you have any tips for Chapter 2? Should I just clear the first wave with solely Frederick paired with Chrom, and focus on getting extra levels when I hit the second part of the map?

That's exactly what you should do. No one can survive more than a hit besides Frederick in that Chapter... if they can even survive that.

Edited by shadowofchaos

So I don't need to worry about leveling them too much early on? That's a relief, lol.

Is a level 4ish Avatar okay for chapter 2?

And what units should I be focusing on using, besides Chrom/Frederick/Avatar/Lissa?

We're here to help, you're not bombarding anybody.

This chapter is extremely annoying, basically, give Frederick Virion's elixir, pair Frederick up with Sully/Stalh, and get everyone the hell out of dodge. Frederick can't double many of the units, so babying will be very useful. Get Chrom and MU get into ONLY ONE of the enemies attack range and they will die and you will level up. Spamming Heal is also and always good for an un-promoted Lissa and you should do that. Keep in mind that you will get most of the kills with Frederick until after chapter 4, since Sidequest 1 gives you an opportunity to use MU very efficiently and Lon'qu will be a beast if you train him during Chapter 5 and Sidequest 2.

Best of skill.

We're here to help, you're not bombarding anybody.

This chapter is extremely annoying, basically, give Frederick Virion's elixir, pair Frederick up with Sully/Stalh, and get everyone the hell out of dodge. Frederick can't double many of the units, so babying will be very useful. Get Chrom and MU get into ONLY ONE of the enemies attack range and they will die and you will level up. Spamming Heal is also and always good for an un-promoted Lissa and you should do that. Keep in mind that you will get most of the kills with Frederick until after chapter 4, since Sidequest 1 gives you an opportunity to use MU very efficiently and Lon'qu will be a beast if you train him during Chapter 5 and Sidequest 2.

Best of skill.

Ah, so pairing Frederick with one of the cavs is better, that makes sense. And I really should've thought of that elixir thing, thanks.

Cleared chapter 2 successfully (a few units died, but I'm on casual for a reason? XD) and got Avatar a couple levels and Chrom one more, so hopefully I'm doing okay there. My first run of chapter 3 ended horribly and quickly, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Thanks again for all the help!

Small warning:

Those who think they should go to Lunatic+ Classic (or even casual) because they want a challenge should reconsider, because Lunatic + is not "difficult". It's just terrible artificial difficulty where if you get bad RNG, you have to restart. Lunatic mode without grinding takes more skill and strategy than Lunatic + ever will. I've made it to chapter 16 on Lunatic+ Casual not because I liked difficulty but because I love doing tedious things OVER and OVER (resetting and grinding). If anyone has beaten Diablo 3 on Inferno mode before all the balance patches, you'd know what I'm talking about.

I tried Lunatic+ Classic, but I felt like I was in a terrorist zone because enemy ranged characters with counter (which is especially annoying if pegasus knights/wyvern riders sneak up behind you as reinforcements) will run adjacent to you and will disregard self-preservation to suicide bomb everything.

If you decide to go through with it, know that if you get past Chapter 2 on Lunatic+, pat yourself on the back cause the rest is smooth sailling. Chapter 3 is much easier and if you decide to buy out a spotpass character for chapter 4, they can wreak havoc. Chapter 4 isn't so bad either compared to Chapter 2, though, even without spotpass characters.

Not sure if this has been emphasized but it's especially important for chapter 2 that Fred has a bronze sword or a better sword if you somehow got one (*cough* event tiles) as to maximize his WTA against what are IMO the most dangerous enemies, the axe-users (they do the biggest amounts of damage and while lance-users might hit even without the WTA, if Fred has the WTA, axe-users are much less likely to hit). At least, from my experience, that's what worked. Also, for chapter 3, get Kellam's javelin and Frederick-tank. Chapter 3 is IMO the last chapter of Frederick Emblem because chapter 4 is beatable without him, albeit it's hard. Lunatic+, not so much, Frederick Emblem goes to after chapter 4 unless you use the bonus box and/or wireless features, but meh

I like to say Hello. An Thank you for the tips in getting through the first few chapters of Lunatic and Lunatic+. laugh.gif

Prologue is easy, just make sure you use Chrom and MU as much as possible, kill the mages ASAP, and use Lissa to heal as much as possible even if unnecessary. A few posts above already give tips on how to finish the rest of the early chapters, so yeah.

Edited by Quick

This game's Lunatic mode is a complete joke after Chapter 5 :/

How about, "no". I don't know what you're playing, but that experience does not line up at all with the vast majority of what I've been hearing.

How about, "no". I don't know what you're playing, but that experience does not line up at all with the vast majority of what I've been hearing.

It gets a lot easier because you get so many good units after that point and avatar is completely broken. Plus, you get stuff like Str tonics, forging, PANNE and Anna.

I honestly didn't even find the first few chapters challenging.

I found Chapter 2 "challenging". The rest arent that tough. Though Chapter 5 took me awhile until I noticed what I needed to do.

I beat chapter 2!!!!! Think I oversued Freddy though. At leadt I got someone else the boss kill. Now I'm thinking that 3 is gonna involve getting Freddy Kellam's Javelin. Should I take right side or left side? Normally I'd take left, but I can't really kill the archers fast enough to abuse their lack of counter-attacks.