Is the mafia here fun...?

Ooh. Sure.

But...

I forgot how to play.

The rules consist generally of there being two broad categories of players, villagers and the mob. The goal of the game for the villagers is to kill the mob, and the goal of the mob is to kill all of the villagers. The game consists of a day and night cycle, during which various events occur. The night cycle is when most of the "action" typically happens, as mob players meet and decide which villager they will kill during the night. In most game variants some of the villagers have special abilities that are activated at this time, such as a doctor that can block any killing decision, or a detective that can find out whether a player is mob or just a plain villager. After this occurs and the murdered player is revealed, the cycle then proceeds to the day phase, where the villagers as a whole vote on who to kill in their efforts to get rid of all the mob.

This continues until either all of the mob are eliminated or the mob reach 1;1 parity with the villagers, at which point they can just vote-kill the ones that aren't mob during the day and kill them at night.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

The rules consist generally of there being two broad categories of players, villagers and the mob. The goal of the game for the villagers is to kill the mob, and the goal of the mob is to kill all of the villagers. The game consists of a day and night cycle, during which various events occur. The night cycle is when most of the "action" typically happens, as mob players meet and decide which villager they will kill during the night. In most game variants some of the villagers have special abilities that are activated at this time, such as a doctor that can block any killing decision, or a detective that can find out whether a player is mob or just a plain villager. After this occurs and the murdered player is revealed, the cycle then proceeds to the day phase, where the villagers as a whole vote on who to kill in their efforts to get rid of all the mob.

This continues until either all of the mob are eliminated or the mob reach 1;1 parity with the villagers, at which point they can just vote-kill the ones that aren't mob during the day and kill them at night.

Now I remember...

I also remember that it can be complicated... especially so online?

Heck, I'll just give it a try anyway.

EDIT: Or not... I'm not sure if I'll have internet access everyday... While I usually do, it can be... unreliable.

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

Now I remember...

I also remember that it can be complicated... especially so online?

I suppose. I've never played it in person so it sounds to me like it would be much more difficult there, same as games of Diplomacy. Seems to me it would end playing a lot like Heads up Seven up.

I will. ^^

Perhaps sometime. (Since I intend on staying active in these forums for as long as possible.)

How do you PM people again...?

Click on the letter image below a person's avatar.

Click on the letter image below a person's avatar.

Go to the person's profile, then on the left side, click "Send me a message."

Oh look, I got ninja'd.

Oh~

So that's how you do it... Thanks.

I've gotten/replied to PMs before... I just never sent any myself.

Well, now I know. ^^

I'm probably gonna get mobbed by mafia people here, but the games here are kind of serious business. A lot of people yelling at each other, using harsh language, or just getting on each other's nerves for various reasons that are often non-intentional. So that's something to get used to.

I'm probably gonna get mobbed by mafia people here, but the games here are kind of serious business. A lot of people yelling at each other, using harsh language, or just getting on each other's nerves for various reasons that are often non-intentional. So that's something to get used to.

If they do they're dumdum

Because that's exactly what mafia is in these forums XD

Some people take the game way too seriously. Others don't. If you want a view into what the heck we do, there's a long list of completed games; read the postgames (and remember that Spoon was a harsh host).