Who do YOU think Chrom's one true Waifu is?

Ace Tactician

248 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Chrom's one true Waifu?

• Female Avatar
    • Olivia
    • Sully
    • Sumia
    • Maribelle
    • The nameless Maiden

I prefer Olivia, although I think I like all of Chrom's pairings minus Sumia and female Avatar. I don't really like Sumia's character herself from what I've seen of her so far, and I've read one too many terrible Mary Sue fanfiction to like Chrom paired with female Avatar.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Olivia might actually be the best match. Because look at Inigo. He looks pretty much exactly like Chrom, but with an earring.

Yeah, I agree with this here. Inigo looks A LOT like Chrom. Another reason why I picked Olivia in my game.

Edited by Anacybele

Clearly Chrom's true waifu is Lissa, the remaining female character who retains screen time when Avatar is male. We must hack the game to make this possible.

Considering this is Fire Emblem, AND that this game has the marriage/child system like Genealogy of the Holy War...

>implying that would be unusual for a royal family

And considering how a Streetpass team where I made a stupid move and had Liz/Lissa exposed... and Chrom basically Dual-Guarded 7/8 attacks... including one from his "waifu" in the current run Silver Lanced Sumia... which would have killed Lissa... and then Chrom CRIT her... I'm more inclined to support this hacking project now.

It's important to understand that in a game like Awakening, what's canon or not is a line that's extremely blurry. In games like this or Mass Effect, where the player is allowed to make their own choices and have their own impact on the game, can we really say which choice is canon and which isn't? As far as "which pairing makes the story better" is a completely subjective argument. You may feel Sumia makes the game better, but I may feel that Sully is actually the best pairing for Chrom.

Even if IS favors one character over another for marriage, the open ended nature of this question means that even their predilection toward a certain character doesn't guarantee that character being the "one true pairing". Reason is, the developers will inherently favor one character over another. Hell, Sumia may even be a call back to Caeda considering their similar classes and crushing on the main lord.

So in conclusion, in Awakening there simply don't exist true pairings, in my opinion, because these characters are for the most part written pretty well. There aren't any huge plot holes or inconsistencies to create weakly characterized characters, and thusly the matter of who Chrom's real wife should be is completely dependent on the player. Another factor to consider is the child that is produced by this pairing.

Having said all that, I paired up Chrom with Maribelle because I found the idea of the cowardly delinquent Brady inheriting the kingdom unbelievably hilarious. That and I figure Chrom passes down some neat growth rates and skills, and the conversations between him and Brady would be interesting given both of their natures.

Look on My Words, Ye Mighty, and Despair!

The only issue I have with Chrom/Sumia is how forced and shoved in your face it is. There really didn't HAVE to be something like that. >n> I don't actually hate Sumia at all, despite what my earlier rantings imply. I just think she's better suited with soneone else, and it's all the forced-ness the pairing gets that makes me hate it so much. It could have been handled better.

Prefer FemMU but depending on how much i favor the other potential husbandos that may change. other than that any wife for chrom except sumia. i find her character to be annoying/mary sue-ish plus she sucks as a unit for me. chrom should have had tiamo/cordelia as the other option. i liker her personality+character design better and she's a great unit in my game.

Prefer FemMU but depending on how much i favor the other potential husbandos that may change. other than that any wife for chrom except sumia. i find her character to be annoying/mary sue-ish plus she sucks as a unit for me. chrom should have had tiamo/cordelia as the other option. i liker her personality+character design better and she's a great unit in my game.

Totally agree!

Based on what I know of her from supports, Sumia isn't a character that I can say I like. However, I find it ironic that someone who prefers Chrom/fe!MU is calling Sumia a Mary Sue. Especially since the Avatar is the biggest Mary Sue/Gary Stu in the entire game. :|

Sumia is a mary sue..? Hahaha let me just compose myself after that HILARIOUS joke.

You are calling the Clumsy Pegasus Knight and not the Self Insert character.. the Mary Sue.. BWHAHAHAHAHA.. BWHAHAHAHAH.

Shipping, is what destroys fanbases and gets people to argue for the stupidest reasons. If you do not like a certain pairing? Pair the person with someone else and don't complain about how "*IS* IS SHOVING THIS IN OUR FACES I HATE THEM SO MUCH FOR HAVING AN OPINION ON THEIR OWN CREATION"

It's extremely sad to see characters hated simply because of shipping reasons and its even more sad to spend time and energy arguing about such things. Let people have their opinions and be on their way and not try to make baseless accusations. I am utterly sick of the term "Mary-Sue" everyone throws it on every single damn character these days without even thinking

Let's recap:

* Has a dark tragic backstory (without spoiling too much)

* Has a funky symbol on the back of her hand

* Can reclass to basically anything she wants

* Can marry basically anyone she wants

* Is constantly hyped in the storyline as a master Tactician

* Gets praised by Lissa after the first battle

* Is central to the plot the entire time no matter what she does

SUMIA

* Is already an established member of the Shepherds, and not really a standout (they seem to all respect each other fairly equally off the bat)

* Trips over rocks

* Has the same amount of reclass options as most other characters

* Can marry four different guys, in a game where even Panne can marry twelve

* Apparently isn't even really a trained Pegasus Knight, given that she acquires a mount right before the chapter and strains to remember what Phila said about arrows (yeah, it's for tutorial purposes, but whatever)

* Is kind-hearted and good with animals, or something

* Even when she's Lucina's mother, stops really being plot relevant after that

Tell me again who the Mary Sue is?

Edited by zahlman

I prefer Olivia, pretty much due to Inigo becoming Chrom's son. He just looks so much like Chrom, but is so different personality-wise their conflict is just hilarious. Their supports and conversations also fit both pretty well, unlike some other parents (like Virion and Henry).

* Apparently isn't even really a trained Pegasus Knight, given that she acquires a mount right before the chapter and strains to remember what Phila said about arrows (yeah, it's for tutorial purposes, but whatever)

That's actually supposed to make her feel special. It's mentioned early on that she's especially good with animals and can talk with them or something, and afterwards we see her becoming a Pegasus Knight out of nowhere just by finding a Pegasus, giving her a CG cutscene where Chrom finds her striking right afterwards. Same goes to her limited pairing options, it's there to make her a mirror to Chrom and stand out from the other characters with wider choices.

However, of course the avatar is the actual self-insert here...

I am utterly sick of the term "Mary-Sue" everyone throws it on every single damn character these days without even thinking

That's how I feel about "Mary Sues" as well.

I found every character in Awakening well-written enough to not be a "Mary Sue". I don't even know what this term means anymore...