So...the caps of this game are crazy, aren't they?

Junkhead

Hey.

Before I go on any further, let me say that I have yet to play this game that isn't a demo-version, but I do plan on getting it, it really caught me.

What I wonder is...what do you guys think about the caps in this game? I see they go quite beyond the previous installments of the series, and I personally they are like "WOAH". Do you find it weird seeing such high stats, or is it normal for all enemies and for say, Tier 2 characters to have such high caps?

While in Radiant Dawn it just felt kinda tacked on to have these high stats (given that enemies barely hit above 30 in Radiant Dawn) but in Awakening, it felt more... natural to the game, because once you hit the last thirds of the game you seem all sorts of enemies with 30+ Speed.

It goes well with the infinite level up system of this game. And like above mentioned, gives more flexibility in the difficulties this game has.

What what.

You can have your guys never reach a level cap due to reclassing and junk, if you know how to use second seals.

It's not even so hard as to require a "trick" lol

Second Seals are just the tip of the iceberg; Rally Spectrum, for example, increases all stats save Mov and HP by 4 for a single turn (including enemy phase) and can allow you to surpass your caps. It can stack on top of other Rally skills (like Rally Magic) and/or Pair Up bonuses to allow you to further break caps.

Second Seals are just the tip of the iceberg; Rally Spectrum, for example, increases all stats save Mov and HP by 4 for a single turn (including enemy phase) and can allow you to surpass your caps. It can stack on top of other Rally skills (like Rally Magic) and/or Pair Up bonuses to allow you to further break caps.

And you WILL need them in the final DLC, which has enemies that have hit all their boosted caps, and illegally forged weapons.

I personally think that the caps in this game have nothing on the enemies in the final DLC, even with the Limit Break skill. But then again things like the Rally command and the pair up option give the ally forces a huge advantage.

I was surprised to find out that even the final bosses barely have any stats that go even slightly above 30. So they seem pretty pointless to me. Sure, the DLC has units capped everything and all...

But since you have to get all your stats to their caps before even thinking about challenging them, you would effectively get the same result if everyone was already capped at 30 as usual.

The only difference would be, that you wouldn't need hours of repetitive grinding. And running through a hamster wheel for hours is not my idea of fun.

I was surprised to find out that even the final bosses barely have any stats that go even slightly above 30.

This is only true on Normal mode. Hard mode has a good amount of lategame bosses with 30+ in some stats, and Lunatic has over 40 by Chapter 17.