Avatar the Last Airbender Mafia: D4ends 5/2 at 9:30 PM EST

scorri

I doubt one vote will be strong enough on Grassbridger so I'll just do this: ##Unvote, ##Vote: Shinori

I don't really see the case on Marth, so I'd rather not vote or lynch him yet either.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mancer, I see your point about list posts--I just thought it would be a good way to make up for missing the first 150 posts or whatever, and I went through it by player so I didn't miss any thoughts I'd had. I probably should have edited it down a bit more. Also, I appreciate that you switched your vote away, but I did make sure to explicitly give the magnitude of my reads: I said at the end that my strongest reads, in order, were Elie, Psych, Rein, FtP and Boron, and Boron was a maybe.

Anyway, I'm fading on Rein a bit. Yes, Rein, I do find your declaration of the team roles to be pretty scummy; scorri didn't confirm that you asked her, only that you were right. I know it's flavorspec, though, and I haven't seen anything else really to support you as scum, so, ##unvote

##vote Kay my list from before is not really valid anymore. Mancer, I'm not just going to hide behind my list, my list will change significantly. Voting Kay because her recent attacks of BBM and language error on supporting Mancer seem really strange. Shinori is pinging really strong for me too because of the whole questioning-Slayer thing but my vote won't do anything there right now. I'll read through Marth's ISO later, but for now I don't see it.

Prims, when you get back, can you explain why you dislike a Marth lynch? All you've said on the matter is that you don't think his posts show scum intent. Also, would you be okay with a Shinori lynch?

Ahh sorry guys I fell asleep early last night and I've been at work all morning. I'll post more in a few hrs.

Quick thoughts though:

Rein's assumption might come from a few different sources. I'm not sure what it could be specifically but we don't know if it's a flavor assumption or not.

Kay's word Derp seems kinda silly, but she is pretty keen to call people out on their vocabulary while just passing her own off as an oopsiebooboo. I just find it funny that with the shoe on the other foot, not much is being said.

Eclipse. Stuff. Yea

Shinori's actual post (not his most recent one, his post with his Slayer questionairre), seemed rather meh to me. He said a lot but all that really seemed to matter WRT scumHUNTING was his opinion on FTP and the blurb on Marth at the end, and well, all that other stuff in between seemed more like he really didnt have much of a clue on anything. I understand asking eclipse stuff, because no one understands her unless they have a deep spiritual connection to the universe or something, but his rant towards Psych and his questions to Slayer specifically seem weak and contrived. Slayer already "derped" once, and if he derped that hard, he's probably going to check twice to cover himself if he has something to hide. If he has nothing to hide then ok.

Shit, all it really asked was "who do you value as a town read and who do think an SK would shoot", which what, tells you his town reads and null reads, which we don't really even care about.

Okay have some semi-organized thoughts:

Mancer has not made the greatest impression so far with the whole elements fiasco and what seems like defensiveness continuing after that but maybe I'm misreading.

Elie has raised some red flags and contradicted himself some re: Mancer but that may just be flailing and not scumminess? I am not sure.

BBM mentioned something about "blending in" which sketches me out a bit but I need another reread before I consider doing anything about it.

Grassbridger's reads of Psych are also giving me suspicion, because Psych has struck me as pretty town so far.

The above listed don't get along with each other well enough to be a scumteam, so I've got to be wrong with some of them. Mancer's the one that's got me most suspicious so

##feed to platypus bear: Mancer

i can't read tone worth beans augh why am i playing this game

Only point on Mancer is elements stuff and defensiveness, backed up with a "maybe I'm wrong" attitude.

Then with Eli "I'm not sure"

"I need to reread before I make conclusions"

Don't like this at all. Along with the real lack of content.

'course I did, BBM

Uh, this was him quoting his entire post in reply to BBM's "you never said anything on Cherche before

holy shit did I just say cherche I'm playing too much awakening

but yeah, quoted the entire post and about a sentence was related to it. Either lazy, or trying to fake contributions.

I have like 10 minutues this morning so excuse the spelling and grammer plus i'm a bit hopped up on coffee.

NO TIME FOR QUOTES GOTTA GO FAST

prims less than 3 not 5 gotta be 4 and i <3u but not buying it bub numbers is easy scum claim and even though I just believe this is one of your usually fake a town claim early and see what it gets ploy it's not that hard to assume the number of mafia based on game sizee

eclipse is being her usually cagey self as well as not helping me (helping town though) there was something else but I forget

mancer is role fishing again w/ whole bender/nonbender thing make it a bit more obvious dude, please i knew nonbenders were a thing from night 0 cause i am one so I believe none of this

REIN IS MAJOR PINGING BABY yeah i fully believe he's scummy because that Fire Nation mafia thing whatever ugh i don't know how to phrase this but I have a feeling he's a different enemy faction that is against us and the fire nation and knew that and plus mancer was the miller claim as zuko, fire who was on team avatar so it's not exactly easy to assume what is the enemy team even just from elements

i'm like 80% sure azula and ozai are scum roles though but idk as what

Holy shit waffling batman. Also why do you get not mafia vibes but still antitown vibes in particular? This is really weird.

You've posted arguments against people but that doesn't necessarily mean that you think they're scummy, just that something they did was scummy.

Generally if people point out scummy things and don't state otherwise it's pretty safe to assume that they scumread them, not sure if this is an attempt to avoid admitting you're wrong or not.

Let's consolidate this first, we can't have both a theoretical Watcher and a theoretical Safeguard on Elieson at the same time since the Watcher will fail 100% in that case.

I think that calling for a Safeguard is better, for the 100% chance that the kill will go through to Slayer. Whether or not Elieson dies is irrelevant since he would have already played his use as a Vig already and become a Tree Stump.

First off, we don't know if we have both, one or neither. Leave them to decide if they exist.

This Marth lynch sucks.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rein

Gotta go to school; can't read.

Reasoning when you get back please.

Ahh whatever I'm probably thinking too deeply into it.

I was implying the origin of your "Team Avatar vs Fire Nation" thought, not te confirmation of it.

I didn't come just to defend myself. I came in and asked a few questions about various things and dropped my case on FTP. I'm disappointing that people see me as only defending myself.

In regards to my reaction test I truthfully wanted to ask him that in case their happened to be an extra kill last night. If there was it might be interesting to have heard his thoughts on why he might kill someone.

Like Slayer said he would kill psych/mancer for them being weird or whatever, not because of their townieness. Which I actually find a weird answer.

I still feel FTP's posts have been off and weird but I guess not much that can be done there since people don't seem to like that case. ##Unvote:

Grassbringer am I pinging you for anything besides my questions on slayer? Also could you possibly explain your Kay vote a bit more? It seems really weak/forced because the wording from your vote literally consists of the words: "my list from before is not really valid anymore." Which makes me think you are just trying to vote someone so you can have a vote down/

##Vote: Grassbringer

Also @SB: Why do you seem to only appear when you are instigating something? I don't really see much scum hunting coming from you at the moment and that worries me. It seems to me that you are coming in and making posts to seem like you are helping and you really aren't.

Should I claim soonish?

Don't really know what you're trying to say here. I have been scumhunting (although my activity hasn't been great, blame awakening and school.) If it's about you not seeing my vote much, it's because I'm very happy with it where it is right now.

Marth isn't really contributing much at all, This is his only post with any substantial amount of reads, his Strege vote is also pretty weak, and the reason I mentioned in my post above makes me think that this post is pretty much faking contributing.

Seriously, look at a Marth ISO and tell me what he's done to help town.

Shinori seems to be acting a little too self-conscious. As town, his main focus should be scumhunting and not what town might make of him.

His "I unloaded stuff on FTP" followed by "Since town doesn't like it, I'm switching" is pinging me off as Shinori trying to make a better/more positive image of himself.

As I said earlier, Shinori, I do not mind a FTP lynch either if it so came to that, so there's no point in removing your vote from FTP.

In fact, placing your vote on Grassbridger is kind of useless since your point is extremely weak and with only one vote, it isn't even enough for a pressure vote at this point.

Rather, Shinori, what are your thoughts on Marth and Rein who might be the ones getting lynched today.

There's also 3 votes on you, Shinori.

@SB: What if both roles exist and a Watcher Night action is wasted? I suppose you can say that that is the worst case scenario in a way thay we lose a Watcher Night action in order to either catch scum in the killing or redirection OR to get a safe Vig on SlayerX.

Phase ends in around 4.5 hours, according to the thread's title.

I'm okay with lynching Marth or Shinori, but don't really want to lynch Rein or Grassbridger today.

Psych, I see you reading the thread, did your opinions of Rein change after Scorri confirmed that the mafia is called the Fire Nation? IIRC that was sort of why you were voting Rein.

@SB: What if both roles exist and a Watcher Night action is wasted? I suppose you can say that that is the worst case scenario in a way thay we lose a Watcher Night action in order to either catch scum in the killing or redirection OR to get a safe Vig on SlayerX.

You have some serious priority issues if you're more concerned that a Watcher that may or may not exist might lose an action than the fact that if Elieso were to go unprotected and was hijacked into an extra townie kill.

What's more, you mentioned in an earlier post (301) that a Safeguard would 100% ensure a kill on Slayer, which is false if it isn't a hijacker and we have a driver instead.

I'm up for a Shinori lynch today. If he claims and we somehow decide not to lynch him, I'd go for FTP.

Don't really feel or see the Marth case, although I guess most of it is based off of his inactivity so I shouldn't be seeing or feeling much of whatever Marth has posted.

If somehow it comes to it, I don't mind lynching Slayer as he is somewhat a confirmed anti-town. I know we're planning to Vig him but I want town to know that the option of lynching him still exists.

I suppose there's too many uncertainties in the Vig shot that Elieson is going to shoot and discussing how to prove his role in public is likely going to cause scum to try to mess and hijack the kill (through any one of the redirection methods claimed).

Updated votals:

Mancer (1): BBM, SB, Strege, SlayerX, kdanger

Blitz (0): Boron

Rein (2): Psych, Grass, Boron, Prims, Marth, Prims

Prims (0): Kay, Psych

Strege (1): Eclipse, Marth, Prims

Marth (4): Mancer, SB, eclipse, BBM, Rein

Boron (1): Strege, Mancer, Blitz

FtP (0): SB, BBM, Prims, eclipse, Mancer, Shinori

Pysch (0): Blitz, Rein

Eclipse (0): Elieson

Elieson (0): BBM, Mancer, Marth, Kay, Blitz, Rein, BBM, Prims, Grass, Prims, Mancer

BBM (2): Shinori, Elieson, Kay, Strege

Shinori (3): eclipse, Elieson, SlayerX, Blitz, Boron, Mancer

SlayerX (1): BBM, Prims, Mancer, FtP

Grassbridger (1): Mancer, Shinori

kdanger (0):

Kay (1): Grass

[spoiler=non-strikethrough votals]

Mancer (1):kdanger

Rein (2): Psych, Prims

Strege (1): Marth

Marth (4): SB, eclipse, BBM, Rein

Boron (1): Blitz

BBM (2): Kay, Strege

Shinori (3): Elieson,Boron, Mancer

SlayerX (1): FtP

Grassbridger (1): Shinori

Kay (1): Grass

Not Voting: SlayerX

You guys have 4 hours, 9 minutes left in the phase.