Avatar the Last Airbender Mafia: D4ends 5/2 at 9:30 PM EST

scorri

Okay, I got to RTFR mafia before I gave up. On life. Forever.

My consolidation vote goes to ##Vote Psych (Mancer's my secondary FWIW) because I have trouble reconciling his claim with what I think is going on (plus scummy behaviour and yadda yadda we've been over this). Part of it is that a lot of the reasons for voting FtP and Baldrick are "weird posts" and that isn't as obvious to me as it is with Psych.

One question: is it possible that Elie fails to shoot Slayer tonight? Just a yes or no would do.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's townie because it would be terrible play from scum perspective.

I'd go for Psych > FTP in who to lynch today. IMO scumteam are somewhere among Psych/FTP/Baldrick/SB/Slayer.

Eclipse has claimed Safeguard, so unless mafia have a redirecting role that they can use to move Eclipse off Elieson so that they can hook him, I don't think there's a chance for it to fail. Or unless a protective role targets Slayer for whatever reason.

Also RTFR mafia was a joke game, so I wouldn't really bother reading it if you're looking for examples of how to play. Read some of the anonymous games (Anonydraft, Strip, or Choral Mafia V imo), because town (at least on SF) generally plays better in anonymous games.

It's townie because it would be terrible play from scum perspective.

I'd go for Psych > FTP in who to lynch today. IMO scumteam are somewhere among Psych/FTP/Baldrick/SB/Slayer.

Eclipse has claimed Safeguard, so unless mafia have a redirecting role that they can use to move Eclipse off Elieson so that they can hook him, I don't think there's a chance for it to fail. Or unless a protective role targets Slayer for whatever reason.

Is that the plan now? I thought it was something else.

Also RTFR mafia was a joke game [...]

YEAH I FIGURED.

BBM: but what if the threat is successful? Here's a scenario: Blitz (scum, in this hypothetical) threatens Elie (town 1x vig), prodding Elie into shooting someone who flips town. Elie is now "confirmed" town, which is bad for scum but it comes at the trade of having another dead townie, so it's worth it. Blitz looks good for getting Elie to confirm; Elie is confirmed and can now be safely killed by the mafia.

The reason why I took my vote off of Blitz was because of his role. While there is a slight chance that Blitz is mafia with this role, I think it is highly unlikely, and I think that my role and his can both work as town.

Anonymafia games can get pretty bad, especially that last one. I think recent stuff with linked postgames would help (hint: I do all of my postgames literally hours after the game ends).

BBM: but what if the threat is successful? Here's a scenario: Blitz (scum, in this hypothetical) threatens Elie (town 1x vig), prodding Elie into shooting someone who flips town. Elie is now "confirmed" town, which is bad for scum but it comes at the trade of having another dead townie, so it's worth it. Blitz looks good for getting Elie to confirm; Elie is confirmed and can now be safely killed by the mafia.

Remember that the target is Slayer, who said that he was neutral.

I'm here for a short time.

Also, I am REALLY not following why the Blitz wagon is "crap" because of his claim. If I'm not good at reading between the lines, then I'm not going to ask that anyone spell it out for me if it's not going to benefit town. However, I find his behavior NOT pertaining to roles stuff scummy AND I don't like his interaction with Elie.

I'm not opposed to lynching Psych either, though. He's been unhelpful and hasn't been doing much of anything either.

Votals

FtP (3): SB, Eclipse, Mancer

Psych (3): Marth, BBM, Strege

Blitz (2): Boron, Grass

Strege (1): Baldrick
Kay (1): Rein
Boron (1): Blitz

Mancer (1): FtP
Baldrick (1): Kay

Voteless (3): Elieson, Slayer, Psych

2 hours and 28 minutes left. Also, RTE is retarded, can you still turn that off on the new software?

Edited by Prims

therefore, I must say, Elie, you are by far the scummiest player around and I dare you to prove your role tonight. Also, if you fail to use your role or use it on one of the players I think is more likely town, like Psych, Mancer or Kay

you will deserve to be lynched the next day and if I am alive, I will make sure you get lynched. As for the chances of your role failing, I will use my role to make sure it can't be blocked

As for my reads, I find you very scummy and I also find Boron scummy. I think Marth is more of a slacker than scummy, but not saying he is not scummy. I also dislike something very odd about Strege, he turns into a pro every now and then and soon as someone says somethng against him, he turns into a noob asking questions. Therefore, people I would like lynched are Strege, Boron or Marth (and obviouly you, but will wait for the next phase)

This post does not make reference to shooting Slayer. In fact, it explicitly considers possibilities other than shooting Slayer. So I stand by my hypothetical.

My first post was cut pretty badly so I got rid of it

SB I'm talking about psych

Kay; that's my point. by announcing it, he opens himself up to being messed with scum. I think we at least deserve an explanation. Even if it's just "giving more info would help scum interfere successfully"

Strege; the best defence is a good offense, as they say. trying to prove me wrong and help us reach a hammer is the best way to appease me.

Bbm read my mind about psych's bg claim. The second type is functionally doctor, so I doubt it works that way. So his claim about leading the town after proving his role makes no sense unless he's like a rogue or something. Also, no targets?

##unvote

##vote: psych

Because the claim has literally no scum intent in it. Blitz getting Elie to confirm himself doesn't get towncred for Blitz, just for Elie. Even if Elie shot town (which he shouldn't really because Slayer is claimed not-town). And games are lost by scum more often by scum PoEing themselves than from playing badly. Even if Elie shot someone other than Slayer and they flipped town, Elie confirming himself isn't worth that.

CMV got kind of bad near the end, but I think town played well for most of the game, and IIRC Anonydraft and Strip were both games where town won pretty handily. They were also games with a relatively small amount of unwanted drama.

We have like two and a half hours to get our act together. Largest wagons are Psych and FTP tied at 3, which is L-6. I'll switch to FTP if I really have to, but meh.

Okay, Psych is at L-5 after that Baldrick vote. I see Rein and Elieson reading the thread and would like them to state which of FTP/Psych they'd rather lynch (can't remember if one of them is voting one of those two already).

Boron, if you're still convinced that Blitz is scum, can you also be convinced that Blitz is at least most likely not getting lynched today?

People who're not voting one of Psych or FTP should vote them IMO. I know the Psych wagon has started very recently, but there were a good amount of votes on him earlier.

BBM, I don't know. I mean, if you and eclipse and some of the other players really think that there's no scum intent behind Blitz's claim, fine. But considering I don't even know what the hell he's talking about (not to mention you can't assume scum is going to play optimally) I still don't like him and the only person who can change my mind otherwise is Blitz himself.

I thought Psych had more votes than that. At any rate, I'd rather lynch him over FtP for the time being. (Psych's general unhelpfulness and lack of content looks worse to me than what FtP's been doing.)

##Unvote

##Vote: Psych

Well, this isn't going anywhere, so I'll ##Unvote (Kay). Need to consolidate badly at this point in time. Psych's claim is weird as hell and I am not inclined to believe it. Already said I'd switch to him if it seemed like that was going to happen and I'm not feeling FTP as much, so I've no problems with doing ##Vote: Psych. No targets, visited N0 for some reason, no explanations for anything along with the claim despite huge amounts of pressure, no vote, doesn't seem town to me whatsoever.

For the sake of time:

##Unvote

##Vote: Psych

I can't make sense of why a bodyguard would use their role on N0. I held off as long as I did so Psych could answer stuff, which he still hasn't done. I'm not the happiest with this lynch, but at least FtP responds to quotes directed at him.

FtP (2): SB, Mancer

Psych (7): Marth, BBM, Strege, Baldrick, Boron, Rein, Eclipse

Blitz (1): Grass

FtP (2): SB, Mancer

Psych (7): Marth, BBM, Strege, Baldrick, Boron, Rein, eclipse

Blitz (1): Grass

You have 2 hours and 15 minutes left in the day.

Edited by scorri

Well, ok BBM, I see what you're saying. It could still be worth it for Blitz to get Elie to waste his vig shot on ITP before there becomes a scum target for him, so it's possible that that's what happened. I see where you're coming from but I don't think it's nearly as clear-cut as you say.

Anyway, Psych is clearly being led to the guillotine. In the interest of time (and the fact that he's my second choice for a lynch), I'll switch my vote to Psych. But since we're so close to a hammer suddenly, should I wait or do it now? (I've never played with a hammer before--is it better for town to wait as long as possible or to hammer away? What considerations are there?)