RTU discussion thread

Randa

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and I'm wondering why he thinks it's a big deal to worry about it.

It's not like Inigo getting a score higher than Sully is magically going to make him Top Tier. >_>

Using this, I'd have to read the context of the first two scores. I'd throw the third one out on the basis of contradictory reasoning. I'd also quote every single score I threw out, say why, and then give the person who wrote it 24 hours to fix it (with some sort of post telling me the original was edited), or it STAYS out.

Let's give everyone a 10/10 because they all can be amazing if trained, why don't we? That's exactly what I don't want. I mean, I know this isn't supposed to be completely accurate but i also don't want it to be completely unreasonable. Severa getting bad scores when shes actually pretty good in both maingame and postgame and then Inigo getting 10s with reasoning that doesnt even make sense. Volke's vote for example, didn't say anything other than lol I have this guy sport Killin Edges all the time 9.25/10. Reggie has been trying to start flaming for a while now with his ratings and I decided not to tolerate him anymore. Yet everyone is making a big deal out of it. Like, go back and actually read his posts and do some research. I'm pretty sure he's been trying to start something. The japanese symbols guy had some pretty cool ratings before and said postgame shouldnt count bla bla its unfair then all of a sudden gives inigo 10/10, probably mad at postgame counting idk because he/she hasn't said. Eclipse herself said that she would throw like half the votes in the start of her rating. And there was some pretty obvious trolling going on there.

Zeem- that's because I didn't want to throw out votes then because I knew stuff like this would happen. I know how it is, everyone gets mad when their vote doesn't count. I gave the guys I quoted ample time to defend their rating but only one of them did, so don't complain now. The vote with a score of 1 for Inigo was pretty bad and I only noticed it later, much later. If he/she wants, feel free to defend it and I will rescore Inigo. I will quote it in the thread and see if I get a response.

Lucina- that wasn't my actual reasoning for throwing votes. Inigo isn't even close to outscoring Sully or the avatar.

Reggie- I see you posting here a lot. Don't even bother. You can call me whatever you want.

Edited by Peekayell

I prefered it when Randa just counted everything. There was way less yelling.

So you'd rather not have any rules? Let's say that everyone suddenly decided to rate everyone 10/10

What would the point of this even be then?

You can say this isn't a serious topic (it really isn't) but is it too much to ask for reasonable ratings? Explain your tens and zeros or don't bother asking me to count them.

Edited by Peekayell

Am I really bashing these things for no reason because it's "hip" or something? Seriously.

Yeah, everyone knows you're hip to the groove! You only bash unhip things!

So you'd rather not have any rules? Let's say that everyone suddenly decided to rate everyone 10/10

What would the point of this even be then?

You can say this isn't a serious topic (it really isn't) but is it too much to ask for reasonable ratings? Explain your tens and zeros or don't bother asking me to count them.

There were rules. And I did follow them, however I was less concerned with how the units came out and more so in how people treated each other about the opinions.

I prefered it when Randa just counted everything. There was way less yelling.

These need to be run by an impartial party. And there was plenty of yelling the second to last day that I did these. Mostly from me. Edited by Randa

There were rules. And I did follow them, however I was less concerned with how the units came out and more so in how people treated each other about the opinions.

These need to be run by an impartial party. And there was plenty of yelling the second to last day that I did these. Mostly from me.

yeah like when you tried to throw out a bunch of scores for being too low?

haha

It's practically impossible to make a rating without subconcsious bias, because one way or another you'll have to have had personal experience with using that unit that could affect your viewpoint. If that's what influences ratings, fine.

But if it's blatantly obvious that the rating reeks of bias for other reasons (e.g character and personality), then the rater needs to realize that and rectify the rating.

Though I haven't been in SF for long, I can tell that RTUs aren't meant to be taken jokingly, but are also nowhere near meant to involve heavily serious conversations.

Edited by The Fush

It's practically impossible to make a rating without subconcsious bias, because one way or another you'll have to have had personal experience with using that unit that could affect your viewpoint. If that's what influences ratings, fine.

But if it's blatantly obvious that the rating reeks of bias for other reasons (e.g character and personality), then the rater needs to realize that and rectify the rating.

Though I haven't been in SF for long, I can tell that RTUs aren't meant to be taken jokingly, but are also nowhere near meant to involve heavily serious conversations.

It is extremely hard to ignore subconscious bias. Look at what happened with Miriel and the people who completly ignored her and didn't score.

The trick is to be able to indentify wether someone is legitimately trolling or if they just have way to much bias attached to them. The person who gave sumia a 1 for example was loaded with bias from head to toe. I still accepted it because it wasn't just trolling. A lot of people thought it should of been thrown out, which would of put sumia above Cordelia, yet it still stayed. You have to set aside any bias when running this.

Severa getting bad scores when shes actually pretty good in both maingame and postgame and then Inigo getting 10s with reasoning that doesnt even make sense.

Who the hell are you to claim Severa's good and Inigo is bad. Severa is an active detriment in ltc, and Inigo is fantastic in postgame. So quit bitching that Inigo being above Sully would cause the end of the world.

Reggie has been trying to start flaming for a while now with his ratings and I decided not to tolerate him anymore.

Without even telling me or acknowledging that you're ignoring my posts until several ratings in. You aren't even going by the rules set and telling me I've been warned. As I've said, you're running this thing horribly because you're being a petty asshole.

Yet everyone is making a big deal out of it. Like, go back and actually read his posts and do some research. I'm pretty sure he's been trying to start something.

It's not just my posts that everyone's pissed about. You've been seemingly arbitrarily throwing out and keeping ratings based on god knows what, because there is no rational reason on the surface for why some stay and others are thrown, except that either/and a) you don't like the person, therefore aren't counting them, or b) they disagree with your opinion of the character, and thus don't count it, while other, equally reasoned ratings get to stay

The japanese symbols guy had some pretty cool ratings before and said postgame shouldnt count bla bla its unfair then all of a sudden gives inigo 10/10, probably mad at postgame counting idk because he/she hasn't said.

He was debating whether postgame should have been counted. Since he acknowledged that it was going to be, there is no fucking reason to discount his votes just because he changed his mindset to fit the current rules.

As I've said before, Peekmail is running this horribly, and needs to be usurped by Eclipse asap.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Just remember I did not force the choice on you. You guys voted and democracy did its job. If you don't like the result leave. You don't have to do these.

Just remember I did not force the choice on you. You guys voted and democracy did its job. If you don't like the result leave. You don't have to do these.

PKL is the Obama of SF.

I have no problem with the way PKL is running it. I've just been trying to explain why it's difficult to run this.

I don't think PKL deserves all this hate. It's a frickin RTU. She's explained why she didn't count certain votes and I think her reasoning is mostly justified. A week from when it ends we will all have forgotten who scored what anyway, some people just need to start fights where there's no need for them.

Still not as bad as the Tellius one?

we still have time to do this :Kappa:

You'll probably see warns in your history before that happens.

My head still hurts, and I'm pretty sure I'll snap at people. Any review of this thread will have to wait until I mellow out.

Me posting here again <_< probably a bad idea but this is getting kind of sad (like this thread is even worse now that I'm no longer around (at least it was on-topic with me))

#1 rule for all future RTUs: ONLY RATE THE CHARACTERS ON AN EFFICIENCY BASIS

Please tell me this isn't serious. Please. please, please tell me this isn't serious.

idk what to say about PKL throwing out votes but I will say that my opinion is that only votes that are clearly trolling/baiting should be thrown. RTUs are all about opinions (IMO) and throwing out a legitimate vote/opinion (even if it's "bad") sounds less like running the RTU and more like controlling the RTU.

Me posting here again <_< probably a bad idea but this is getting kind of sad (like this thread is even worse now that I'm no longer around (at least it was on-topic with me))

Please tell me this isn't serious. Please. please, please tell me this isn't serious.

idk what to say about PKL throwing out votes but I will say that my opinion is that only votes that are clearly trolling/baiting should be thrown. RTUs are all about opinions (IMO) and throwing out a legitimate vote/opinion (even if it's "bad") sounds less like running the RTU and more like controlling the RTU.

becomes much much much harder to troll when you can't give bullshit reasoning and have it count

at least Reggie's earlier copy+paste ratings were actually, you know, relevant