RTU discussion thread

Randa

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There a bunch of posts that reek of untold +8 bias.

In terms of efficient play, yes. In terms of full-postgame grinding, I think not. My criteria is "how much of a pain in the ass is it to get to where I want these kids to be?", and the more painful it is, the lower the score.

How is Postgame Inigo worth more than the likes of Severa or Cynthia though?

Vantage/Wrath/Galeforce makes for a very gimmicky (and funny) set. Throw in the -faire of your choice for more giggles.

Edited by eclipse

In terms of efficient play, yes. In terms of full-postgame grinding, I think not. My criteria is "how much of a pain in the ass is it to get to where I want these kids to be?", and the more painful it is, the lower the score.

It is too much even for postgame. The same people that gave Cynthia (arguably the best kid aside from Morgan) 6 and 7s are giving the inferior Inigo 10/10. Some of them also smell of trolling, so I discarded them.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I wanted postgame to count to please those types of playstyles. But I'm just saying, playstyle has no say in this. I'm throwing them because of their untold massive bias. Severa and Cynthia are better postgame than Inigo, yet they received less than him.

Severa and Cynthia are better postgame than Inigo, yet they received less than him.

When you go around claiming such subjective things as fact, don't be surprised when people find it iffy that your views on what should and shouldn't be counted is extremely slanted.

Edited by Constable Reggie

It is too much even for postgame. The same people that gave Cynthia (arguably the best kid aside from Morgan) 6 and 7s are giving the inferior Inigo 10/10. Some of them also smell of trolling, so I discarded them.

If I went full-grid postgame into account, all the kids would get an 8 or higher, due to their potential shenanigans. I think that it's bad form to rate ONLY on potential. I also think it's bad form to rate someone ONLY on their performance during the main game. Thus, I try to take everything into account - how does the unit look on arrival, what do I have to do to make this unit viable, what is this unit capable of, etc.

In terms of flat-out growth potential, Yarne kicks everyone's ass. In terms of combination potential, it's lolMorgan, followed closely by Severa - her class set is flexible, barring the fact that using her as a mage is somewhat painful. In terms of who looks best on arrival, Lucina and her PRF sword beat out damn near everyone. That's an example of my thought process.

How is Postgame Inigo worth more than the likes of Severa or Cynthia though?

I'm pretty sure this is subjective and not a fact.

If I went full-grid postgame into account, all the kids would get an 8 or higher, due to their potential shenanigans. I think that it's bad form to rate ONLY on potential. I also think it's bad form to rate someone ONLY on their performance during the main game. Thus, I try to take everything into account - how does the unit look on arrival, what do I have to do to make this unit viable, what is this unit capable of, etc.

In terms of flat-out growth potential, Yarne kicks everyone's ass. In terms of combination potential, it's lolMorgan, followed closely by Severa - her class set is flexible, barring the fact that using her as a mage is somewhat painful. In terms of who looks best on arrival, Lucina and her PRF sword beat out damn near everyone. That's an example of my thought process.

Agreed. Im a little more generous but i dig. Its more or less how i rate. I tend to grind during the main campaign but i try to leave that at the door as much as possible. But it sometimes shows up.

The thing is, I allowed postgame to be a factor to please those that like the playstyle. But, those that play postgame also have to get through maingame, so it shouldn't be the only factor. Those that play maingame only, don't have to do postgame. At the rate it's going, he might even outscore people like Sully.

Look, PKL, does it honestly matter at all? It's RTU. You guys factor bias into scores. It's not going into a tier list or anything. It's just for fun. Why is it the end of the world?

Do you need me to come in and give a 0/10? ;) (I was planning a 1/10 at first but all the high scores are reminding me how ignorant the people who like him are and I feel he needs negative bias).

The thing is, I allowed postgame to be a factor to please those that like the playstyle. But, those that play postgame also have to get through maingame, so it shouldn't be the only factor. Those that play maingame only, don't have to do postgame. At the rate it's going, he might even outscore people like Sully.

RAGE

THATS

UNFORGIVABRU

The thing is, you can't consider both main story and postgame equally.

I beat main story in 15 hours.

My play file has 150 hours on it.

I've got 135 hours of post-game on my file.

Why does it matter that Inigo outscores Sully?