SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to break it with you, but I think that picture has been proven to be fake.

Expected as much honestly. It's not like Sakurai to leave stuff like that in the open.

Dark Legend Vampire just said it's fake. xP

I want the next revealed newcomer to be Ghirahim or Chrom! I don't actually like the latter too much, but who knows, he might be fun to play as and he's FE. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Mega Man's uncharged down smash does 45%. Hopefully they will fix it.

The player that was playing against Sakurai DI'd into the dsmash though. I figure it's like Peach's down smash from melee: Broken when someone DI's down, otherwise just 13 damage to a player that doesn't crouch cancel it.

So when Megaman overheats he stops moving and becomes vulnerable to attacks?

I don't think so.

If I'm remembering correctly, the video just showed his animation for the attack become slower.

Edited by David the SecondWorld

So his attacks become slower huh? Seems like a small punishment for using his stronger moves.

I think this only applies to the up/down smashes.

Slowing them down would presumably make them easier to avoid.

Perhaps they'll also become weaker?

So in long matches Megaman would start off strong and slowly decrease in speed and strength.

Assuming that those smashes are used too much.

...Also assuming that is indeed how the whole overheating thing works. It could end up being very different for all we know.

> Implying Down smash and upsmash look like good moves :p

I'm more worried about that forward air with massive Marth-like range and the down air PROJECTILE spike.

Forget MegaMan, you will all laugh when Wii Fit Trainer is Top Tier.

Well, at least then people won't be like "YOU'RE USING MEGA MAN YOU MUST SUCK TO USE THE HIGHEST TIER CHARACTER HE'S SO BROKEN" when I main him.

Well, we don't need all three. One of them is probably going. And since Game & Watch is a Melee veteran, ROB is probably going to get cut.

Sheesh, quite adamant on R.O.B. being cut, aren't you?

Brawl didn't need four retro characters, yet we got them anyways. They've never cut out game series (that had playable characters in Smash Bros.) entirely from the roster (the 3rd party guests will likely be an exception, due to being, well, guests). So I doubt R.O.B. will be cut, or be one of the "expendables" (like Mewtwo and Roy were in Brawl) of the SSB4 roster. I'll admit he's not as safe as, say, Mr. Game & Watch or Diddy Kong, but I'd say he's safer than Lucario or Snake.

So, what do you guys think about R.O.B.'s likeliness in SSB4? He never struck me as a character likely to be on the chopping block.

So, what do you guys think about R.O.B.'s likeliness in SSB4? He never struck me as a character likely to be on the chopping block.

I think he'll be in again.

He's unique, and that's what they're going for when it comes for character inclusion.

The only way he'll be cut is if he is a low priority character for inclusion.

and looking at Brawl data, Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Wolf, Snake and Sonic were all added to the game after R.O.B.

A lot of people in Smashboards are jumping on the Toon Link will be cut bandwagon. But there's a lot of stuff that I think will make him stay.

He's very relevant, with a lot of games he represents.

An upcoming HD Wind Waker remaster.

Conductor Link being in a stage is just the same as DK being in 75M.

Sakurai himself has said that he thinks Super Smash Bros. needs two links representing Zelda.

Decloning him is easier than some might think, he has a lot of tools that the other Link has never used, like the Skull Hammer and the Deku Leaf.

As for ROB, I dont think he will get cut either. Didn't he save Nintendo from bankruptcy way back then?

I think the most likely cuts are Lucas, Wolf, Lucario and Ike. Sad to see Lucario go, because his aura mechanic was interesting. Would prefer and welcome Mewtwo with open arms though. As long as it's Melee mewtwo and not that stupid 6th gen Mewtwo.

As for ROB, I dont think he will get cut either. Didn't he save Nintendo from bankruptcy way back then?

Yes, from the so called Video Game Crash of 1983. He was part of the big marketing ploy of Nintendo to rise back up.

The way I see it, Super Smash Bros. isn't just a fighting game, it's a representation of Nintendo. R.O.B. has a vital part of Nintendo's history, even if the actual part was small, since by 1985 the R.O.B. was now discontinued and it only ever got two games.

Well, if he does end up being cut, that'll be that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Sure, as long as it's his Final Smash or something. I don't like Mewthree though.

And @ Acacia- that's very interesting. Even if he is irrelevant today, I think that solidifies his return. Nintendo and Sakurai wouldn't get rid of a character like that.