SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

> "HER PHYSICAL ABILITIES ARE THE SAME AS MARTH, IT MUST BE IN THEIR D.N.A."

wat

I'm not the same as my grangrangrandfather just because we share some blood

I still think and hope she has something unique to her, apart from the sword.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, shit. I'm 0 for 3 as far as my big anti-predictions go, hahahaha. I guess I really don't have as strong a grasp on these predictions as I thought-- like, at all.

TBH this update is really weird for me... I don't know how to feel about it at all. I'm very happy that Lucina is in of course since I wanted her over Chrom, but I'm disappointed that she ended up being a clone of Marth after all. Like pretty much everyone else, I certainly hope she has something to make her more unique and special; as it is right now, she looks pretty damn near identical to Marth. And as much as I hate to say it, THAT just makes me wonder if giving her her own slot was justified. But feck, I'll worry about that when we actually know more about her, I suppose.

And heck, 'Robin' it is after all, then. (I can't fathom why Red was called Pokemon Trainer instead of Red if they're using first names here, but meh *shrug*) This one didn't bother me at all as much as Pac-man's initial announcement did (I'd come to grips with this possibility after the Miis anyway), yet weirdly, Pac-man somehow excited me a lot more by the end than Robin did. I dunno if it's just that I'm struggling to figure out how the magic works or that it annoys me that they actually just say the spell name in order to cast it or what, but I feel really weirdly unemotive about this one-- and that's strange, because Smash has a way of igniting my passions (whether for good or ill) that didn't happen this time for whatever reason. I've no idea what it was. I'm sure I'll come to grips with this eventually, and I'll probably enjoy playing Robin as well haha. Yeh, I was wrong, w/e

EDIT: Upon further examination of the trailer, it looks like the Thunder spell is just a chargeable attack, and magic is used for other basic attacks and aerials. Not so complicated after all. (Saying the name of the spell to cast it still bugs the shit out of me though)

I did bust a gut laughing at poor Chrom being a prone sad sack, though. Good for him being in Robin's FS at least, haha.

Awakening's animation team handling the film part of the trailer was a really nice touch as well.

Ridley is still top of the list for me *___* I don't imagine we'll have more than four more newcomers, though. Sakurai DID say we're getting close to the bottom of the barrel as far as newcomers go.

Edited by BANRYU

The fear that Luci was going to be a clone was the only reason I wanted Chrom over her. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean I won't main her, alongside the FE characters, so I'm still content.

But that said brings a question regarding clones. I want to say that by removing clones, he meant that no two people from a different series will be similar? *shrugs*

tumblr_n8pzb4CqJM1r8nvqgo1_1280.png

Chrom you silly hypocrite~

Holy shit I know right

tumblr_n8qzkwpw0y1shnqb4o1_500.jpg

LOOK AT HIM

HE LOOKS SO GENUINELY SAD

At least there are worse roles to be relegated to than a Final Smash, eh buddy?

Also can we talk about the fact that Robin apparently learned how to fly and suddenly has telekinesis and shit

Edited by BANRYU

TBH this update is really weird for me... I don't know how to feel about it at all. I'm very happy that Lucina is in of course since I wanted her over Chrom, but I'm disappointed that she ended up being a clone of Marth after all. Like pretty much everyone else, I certainly hope she has something to make her more unique and special; as it is right now, she looks pretty damn near identical to Marth. And as much as I hate to say it, THAT just makes me wonder if giving her her own slot was justified. But feck, I'll worry about that when we actually know more about her, I suppose.

I think the only reason Lucina even made it in is because they could easily justify just reusing Marth's animations for her, so she wasn't taking up the resources from a character made from zero. Back in the old Melee site, it was said that the six clones could be implemented quicker than a full character built from zero.

Although she obviously isn't a costume, Sakurai himself was comparing her to the costumes here and saying that she isn't one due to different proprieties.

But that said brings a question regarding clones. I want to say that by removing clones, he meant that no two people from a different series will be similar? *shrugs*

Sakurai never said he'd be removing clones, I don't know from where people got that.

He kind of attempted to do that in Brawl, giving the clones their own animations for many attacks and making their proprieties even more different, but people still complained about them being clones anyway, so we're seemingly back to Melee type clones since the extra resources to clones seemed to be ignored.

The fear that Luci was going to be a clone was the only reason I wanted Chrom over her. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean I won't main her, alongside the FE characters, so I'm still content.

I don't know how you and a few others possibly had the thought that Lucina would copy Marth's fighting style, but Chrom wouldn't? She inherited her fighting style from Chrom...

tumblr_n8pzb4CqJM1r8nvqgo1_1280.png

Chrom you silly hypocrite~

Haha. Poor Chrom.

Despite Lucina being a clone similar to Roy, I'm very excited to use/see her. It nice to see a new face and I'm sure many FE players in Japan are happy considering her high ranking in a popularity poll.

I don't know how you and a few others possibly had the thought that Lucina would copy Marth's fighting style, but Chrom wouldn't? She inherited her fighting style from Chrom...

That may be true, but while Chrom is still related to Marth, unlike Luci, he's not like him.That, and the two don't share the same in game animations. From his personality, I had imagined he would fight more aggressively with Falchion, but that's just my own thinking. Oh well

Well, shit. I'm 0 for 3 as far as my big anti-predictions go, hahahaha. I guess I really don't have as strong a grasp on these predictions as I thought-- like, at all.

If every character you "anti-predict" gets a spot in the game, then would you please give an in-depth explanation that Isaac won't be in as you did with Robin? :D

-Chrom got what he deserved, Im totally happy with it.

-Lucina should have been Marth´s skin, but well the idea of Roy revives once again, now without fire and with boobs comes the new clone. She is easily my favourite character in the entire game, but I feel like she is wasting a slot due being a clone, but its always better than generic Chrom taking the spot.

-Robin, as I had been saying for ages xDDD, made it into the game, he was the character who needed to be added and so he was, Im happy with this (And I was right the whole time ;D)

Btw big news:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/15/full-smash-bros-character-roster-3ds-stages-will-be-reportedly-revealed-in-next-months-corocoro/

12th August, just like what they did with Brawl, CoroCoro is going to reveal almost all the roster and stages from the game. When they did is in Brawl, there were some characters hidden and that werent revealed, so it wont be 100%, but this is probably the day when all those veterans like Falco-Ganon-Wario will be exposed to the public, maybe other suprises as well. "Get Hyped"

Oh and finally people can stop believing Gematsu´s leak, FINALLY

I'm fine that Lucina's a Marth clone. I mean, it isn't preferred to her own character, but at least we have her.

I like Falco, Ganondorf, and Roy better than the originals in Melee. And Lucas is better than Ness, but they are just Semi-Clones, like Lucina will be. So I'm probably going to main her at least of the new cast, considering I always use Marth or his clone every Smash Bros.

I'm going to try to main Lucina and Villager out of the cast. Love Rosie, but she looks complicated. I also suddenly became good at Link in Melee, so I'll try to become good at Ness, Lucas, Link, Zelda, or Sheik.

Of course, I'd would scream if Impa joined the battle.

Holy shit I know right

tumblr_n8qzkwpw0y1shnqb4o1_500.jpg

LOOK AT HIM

HE LOOKS SO GENUINELY SAD

At least there are worse roles to be relegated to than a Final Smash, eh buddy?

Also can we talk about the fact that Robin apparently learned how to fly and suddenly has telekinesis and shit

Lol, poor Chrom. I feel so bad for him!

I was also curious as to how and when Robin learned how to fly. It looked pretty funny, though. I'm looking forward to using him/her!

Mark your calenders for August 12. We'll be getting most/all of the characters that day via Corocoro magazine.

Which usually means that we get it a few days before because it leaks all the time.

Lol, poor Chrom. I feel so bad for him!

I was also curious as to how and when Robin learned how to fly. It looked pretty funny, though. I'm looking forward to using him/her!

Robin can fly as long as he requires a snazzy entrance.

Mark your calenders for August 12. We'll be getting most/all of the characters that day via Corocoro magazine.

Which usually means that we get it a few days before because it leaks all the time.

Corocoro made a similar announcement leading up to Brawl. All they ended up showing was characters we already knew about, and a few new moves.

Don't get your hopes up.

I have seen people suggest that Robin's Levin Sword comes out when his tomes are depleted and possibly vice versa. So you have weaker sword attacks while your book is out, and then you swap to stronger close range fighting options. But that is purely speculation. What is known is that the bronze sword is definitely not a skin as it has vastly different attack properties compared to the Levin Sword.

i was thinking about this today. i'm guessing that you start off not being able to use your sword for any specials (e.g. thunder attacks) when you have your tomes, but that once a specific tome is depleted you switch to the sword just for that special. that would be odd, though, b/c then it's like two full movesets in one character, unless they give you the option to start off just as robin w/ sword and no tomes. could be really cool, though.