SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

"Lazy moves"? THAT'S a lazy move? You know, we could just not get any Mega Man stages for the 3DS. Would that make you happier? A lack of a stage?

Really Megaman ....and its not the stages I hate its how I cant figure out how to get the secret characters.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like petty nitpicking to me. xP

But whatevs lol.

Man I just can't wait for October! I have Ike all over my laptop because of excitement (desktop screen, Facebook, SF, etc). XD

Edited by Anacybele

More like petty nitpicking to me. xP

But whatevs lol.

Man I just can't wait for October! I have Ike all over my laptop because of excitement (desktop screen, Facebook, SF, etc). XD

why would they be Moaning (nitpicking) at you ?

I have to agree that Wily's Castle being the MM stage on 3DS is dissapointing. I was hoping for maybe a stage from the Rockman World games, or even a Zero or ZX stage(though I admit that was unlikely)

With lazy moves I mean reusing models from other games.

I was overwhelming with total joy when I saw the F-Zero trophies were all taken from GX...

I just don't like it when they do this copy/paste work. I know they do it to have more time, but it's sad! I like to see new content in Smash Bros.

For example, the stages in the 3DS versions seem MOSTLY copypaste'd from other games (NSMB2 stage, Nintendogs Stage, OOT stage, Spirit Tracks stage).

It's a pet peeve of mine, sorry if it offended you people.

On a side note, Kid Icarus has 2 assist trophies... :I I'm smelling favoritisms again.

didn't offend me I only started the Smash boss series yesterday as I only got Brawl Yesterday and I don't have melee

Theres a lot of arguing going on here. : 1

There's a reason the thread has it's name lmao

So I wonder if the Final Destination version of this stage will be in day on 3DS and night on Wii U, or if they'll try and find some middle ground?

On a side note, Kid Icarus has 2 assist trophies... :I I'm smelling favoritisms again.

I think it's interesting seeing how much fuel Sakurai is pouring into Kid Icarus considering he held his restraint on Kirby pretty well. Guess he doesn't feel that sense of creative bias with Kid Icarus as Kid Icarus wasn't his series, he just took it over recently. Most of it's fame is due to him, though so...

Zelda has more assists though. Tingle, Midna, and Skull Kid so far.

And Zelda is a much bigger series than Kid Icarus.

I find it odd that people complain about Fire Emblem being overrepresented when Kid Icarus is easily more overrepresented than Fire Emblem.

Exactly. So where's the problem in Kid Icarus having less assists?

Because considering KI:U came out when the 3DS did (around there, all I know it is fairly old as far as 3DS goes) and Zelda has far more games out and coming out than KI has (Hyrule Warriors, the WiiU one, LBW, OoT 3D) the main thing is that it has 1 assist than Zelda that I belive RfoF is pointing out.

There's a reason the thread has it's name lmao

what a fitting name it is, most Smash "fans" tend to just nitpick and whine out of entitlement nowadays

also Sakurai is the guy who made KIU sooooo it kind of figures there'd be at least two characters from it and one or two assists

like let him have his fun, it's his game and he's got the right and power to put in who he wants and he's not obligated to serve us

also thank goodness there aren't even more stage variations between 3DS/Wii U, it should mostly be the same stages, it's annoying that it's so different as it is

not to mention reusing assets mean the game comes out quicker and it's less boring ass work for them, i'd rather not have the game delayed for another year, been waiting long enough

like let him have his fun, it's his game and he's got the right and power to put in who he wants and he's not obligated to serve us

He kinda is, actually. This isn't a fap session for him, his duty is to the people who buy the game.

Not that a little KI over-representation is going to ruin anything.

About assist trophies, I think that 2 is fine, but the fact that they picked Phosphora over literally any better character is the problem.

Two of my most wanted characters are assists (Ashley and Skull Kid), so Shulk, Takamaru, Mewtwo, and Mona are any 4 I'd really want to see. Maybe Ridley if by some divine chance he isn't a boss. Andy would be fun, but is really unlikely, even though IS is apparently "always think of new ideas for AW and FE" which is just lies.

yeah, no dk or isaac. sue me

About assist trophies, I think that 2 is fine, but the fact that they picked Phosphora over literally any better character is the problem.

Phosphora isn't bad. Not who I expected, but not bad. Heck at least Magnus made it as an assist who I knew would be an assist.

But not counting Medusa and Hades, out of all of the bosses in the game, probably only Pandora, Arlon, and Pyrrhon could work. Maybe even the Chaos Kin.

Just a question: why would a frachise with 3 games, that has been revived only recently, have a priority over Fire Emblem? (or other franchises that have been more active than Kid Icarus, for the matter)

In my point of view, it's obvious that MarioZeldaPokèmon should get more reps because of their popularity, logevity and important (especially for the first two), but I would love it if all the others were represented equally with no preference or whatsoever, and if not equally, at least two characters per franchise (if it has been in Smash for long, like MOTHER, Star Fox, F-Zero, etc) and one stage per franchise.

And, of course, we all nitpick, it's okay to nitpick, IMO, because we'll enjoy the game regardless.

I always thought. That if Snake didn't come back his moveset could be used for an AW character. Of course tweaked to be more fitting of AW style.

I always thought. That if Snake didn't come back his moveset could be used for an AW character. Of course tweaked to be more fitting of AW style.

Woh that is a pretty awesome idea. Sami for SSB4! (and Super bash sisters)