SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I was playing online with Ice Sage, Rein, and someone else I don't know. Rein was Little Mac, I was Shulk, and the other two were Robin and Lucina. Rein hit me with his KO punch so hard that the game then exploded and the match ended. This lag is no joke, lol.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Zelda or Rosalina

your opinions are wrong.

I'm loving ZSS' new Jet Boots. Brand new Up Special is so good, and she's just so much stronger in all of her attacks. Peach got her new rainbow up aerial, and Zelda the Phantom (but the phantom was only okay).

I really like Rosalina, but the Luma keeps dying every 10 seconds.

I have the unlock criteria if anyone wants.

It's important to know that the game will register you meeting criteria even if it doesn't give you the character. Like if you beat Classic with Marth on 5.0 or higher without continuing, you'll get Lucina. But the game will also remember that you've met the criteria for Ness and Falco, and so you'll get them the next time you do pretty much anything.

With that, the non-Versus mode requirements are:

Ness - Beat Classic Mode

Falco - Beat Classic Mode without continuing

Dark Pit - Beat Classic 3 times

Duck Hunt - Beat Classic 8 times

Mr. Game and Watch - Beat Classic 10 times

Dr. Mario - Beat Classic Mode with Mario

Lucina - Beat Classic Mode with Marth

Ganondorf - Beat Classic Mode with Link or Zelda on 5.0 or higher

Bowser Jr. - Beat Classic Mode with Bowser on 6.0 or higher

Wario - Beat 100 Man Smash

Jigglypuff - Collect 30 pieces of Mii Equipment

ROB - Collect 200 trophies

Edited by Doofina

Little Mac does not seem very good, but I had a bad match up and bad course so

CFalcs does not seems as good

I don't know what you're smoking.

Little Mac is god on the ground. He can use his rolls OFFENSIVELY.

Falcon's speed got BUFFED man. That Uair can combo you like nothing from a down throw dash.

Notes on Home Run Smash (since that's the reason why I bought this game):

- Jabbing someone with the bat does awful damage (worse than SSBB)

- Bat tossing doesn't seem to do as much damage

- I have yet to prematurely break the glass

- Trophies aren't as prolific along the track

- If Lucina plays like SSBB Marth, she'll do well

- If Charizard plays like his SSBB self, he's going to be godly

- The ending time is stricter (that is, if you're not in wind-up animation before time ends, your character stands there, looking stupid)

- Someone convince me to get off of this mode!

On my end, I have 34/35 of the first challenge board done, and the last one is getting 3 unique custom outfits, and it's infuriating because it's completely random and I'm doing everything I can to get more so I can move on to the next board, but I just can't get one (I think I already have two). Does anyone know how to possibly increase chances on this? There doesn't seem to be but I only just got the game as most of us did.

As far as I've seen, the golden hammers can only be used on the challenge board you get them on, so... just hammer that thing open. I missed the same challenge and just did it.

As far as I've seen, the golden hammers can only be used on the challenge board you get them on, so... just hammer that thing open. I missed the same challenge and just did it.

That's true, but I got it before I found that out, lol. I also got the one for 5 outfits randomly while just doing other challenges on the 2nd board.

The Home button method worked like a charm, though since it feels kind of like cheating, I'm probably not going to continue doing it.

Gotta wait until three to get my copy ;-; so close yet so far, watching other people play is something though

I'll be getting my copy in just a few hours.. I cannot wait.

Ugh, I have about another 9 hours until I have my hands on the game.

2 more hours, f*** the wait is agonizing. Anticipation is killing me.

I'm getting mine tommorrow since my game just shipped and that two day free Amazon Prime shipping at Amazon is becoming useful. It's nice, but I'm already getting into Xenoblade Chronicles...it is a really good game!

Just got my copy, YES! :D

Time to bust it out and start training! Well, as soon as I get some food. It's lunch time and I'm starving. And anyone that knows Ike well would know that he wouldn't battle on an empty stomach either! Haha.

Have fun. :D

Dedede: lol wow he sucks against Ike. I creamed him. Also, I discovered something funny about this penguin. You can send his spiky things right back at him for damage, which Ike can do easily because of his range. Did so a few times. XD

I wouldn't say that for his Hammer Spin+Upper Hammer hit combo. He does have the highest offensive capabilities in the entire game!

Look at y'all enjoying Smash. I gotta wait two weeks for my copy to come, because someone dungoofed.

Ouch, that sucks. :/

-.-

I feel like Falco is worse in this game and I can't place my finger on why. Maybe it's just a placebo because I saw him lower on the tier list but something about him is just off that stops him kicking as much ass as he used to. It's probably the fact that he no longer says "Don't try me."

Also Ganondorf has invincibility frames on Warlock Punch. I CAN ACTUALLY USE IT NOW!

Also Ganondorf has invincibility frames on Warlock Punch. I CAN ACTUALLY USE IT NOW!

I won on hard mode with him in All Star Mode. Use him if your having trouble winning on hard there. The bearer of the Triforce Of Power is no fluke.

My first thoughts of some characters:

• Ganondorf is a lot better than in SSBB (attacks are faster)
  • Link and Zelda seem to be better as well (beat classic 8.0 with Zelda without continues)
  • Bowser is one of the most improved characters compared with SSBB
  • Pikachu's down B is nerfed godthanks, but still OP in "Multi Brawls"
  • I can't play with Paulutena and Rosalina
  • I don't like the voices of Fox and Falco
  • Robin, Pacman and Megaman are my favourite newcomers
Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

I'm still super confused on the unlocks. I got ROB after clearing 100 man melee (with 79 trophies) and Wario after classic mode 6/7 or 8

One of my friends got Game & Watch before Duck Hunt Dog too.

Regardless had a good time. Yoshi seems really really good (even if I can't play him) and Shulk and Wario seem beyond awful in my opinion anyway.

Edited by General Horace

I ~think~ some of the unlocks make sense, such as getting Falco after one bout of classic mode, Ness after a second, and Dark Pit after a third. Lucina only appeared after I beat classic with Marth. I have no idea how I got the Duck Hunt Dog or Jigglypuff, though (pretty sure it was through classic), and I resorted to just smashing in vs mode to unlock everyone else.

My best character is Shulk. I tried picking up Robin after Shulk, and realized that the latter's range has kinda spoiled me ^^;

I ~think~ some of the unlocks make sense, such as getting Falco after one bout of classic mode, Ness after a second, and Dark Pit after a third. Lucina only appeared after I beat classic with Marth. I have no idea how I got the Duck Hunt Dog or Jigglypuff, though (pretty sure it was through classic), and I resorted to just smashing in vs mode to unlock everyone else.

My best character is Shulk. I tried picking up Robin after Shulk, and realized that the latter's range has kinda spoiled me ^^;

Japanese Version(A month ago)

Because of the Masked Marth story (FE13) which Lucina tried to pose as Marth. Ha ha...Makes sense. Your result was pretty much mine in the Japanese version as you also can unlock her by doing 40 vs matches. I've also unlocked Wario(Can get at 100 melee/30 vs Matches), Game and Watch, R.O.B(200 trophies, or 70 vs matches)and Bowser J.r(Which you can also unlock by completing Classic Mode on difficulty 7 or higher with Bowser/100 vs matches)from vs matches by setting it to one stock as they finish quickly and does get counted as finishing a match. I had no idea how I've got Jigglypuff. It was through Boron's result.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Unlockable_character

Telling you on how to unlock the secret characters either with here, or by up to 120 vs matches. Got Ganon from doing 80 vs matches which you also can get him by completing Classic Mode on 5.0 with Link or Zelda. Got Duck Hunt Dog from Classic Mode with enough completion of characters. I've got Dr.Mario by doing 60 vs matches which you also can unlock him by completing Classic on 4.0 or higher with Mario.

Got from vs matches

-Wario(30 matches)

-GameandWatch(90 matches)

-Bowser J.r(100 matches)

-Ganon(80 matches)

-R.O.B(70 Matches)

-Dr.Mario(60 Matches)

Other have been obtained through completion of Classic Mode with some characters.

Edited by PuffPuff

So... Been playing the new Smash.

And I LOVE IT.

So far, I've unlocked Bowser Jr., Lucina, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Jigglypuff, Falco, Ness, Dr. Mario, and Wario.

Dedede is my man. Lovin' those attacks of him.

Dr. Mario is another of my men, while I want to use Ness, his Up Special is kinda awkward, a bit like Pikachu's.

Any other characters you can advise me to try?

if it hasn't been said yet, DACUS has been confirmed

wow the modded GCN controller for 3DS is already being publicly sold now? That's certainly quick.

Edited by kingddd

About the shirtless Shulk alt, it is actually his swimwear armor from Xenoblade which provides him greater agility!

Wow, I've been playing for Glory as Charizard and have been winning a lot of matches. Charizard doesn't kid around this time, flare blitz is a force to be reckoned with.

Unfortunately, guys, I was too late for the GameStop tourney. But I played with some people and it was fun! I got beat by one guy though it was hard to see outside in the sun (we were in line at the time) and I suicided both my stocks. >.>

But I beat everyone else I played. I won a four player match as well! I saw a kid in a Megaman costume and a man in a Pikachu costume. Yeah, a MAN dressed as Pikachu. lol

I got to play with the Megaman kid and he was pretty decent for his age. He looked maybe seven or eight.

Also, anyone know why Yoshi is so good this time around? he doesn't seem that different

Faster attacks and general bigger hitboxes than before as you can see his legs, tails and head gets astronomically big when you pull the larger attacks. Same thing happened in brawl but it wasn't as significant as smash 4.

Edited by kingddd