SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

This is one of the worst, most straw-manning posts I have ever read. Re-evaluate your life, please.

I don't think I agree with that. If bad players want to play For Glory, they are welcome to. Saying they shouldn't play at all because they're bad reeks of fun policing. And the reality is, some of those people might be kids picking up Smash Bros for the first time and have no idea about the competitive scene, or they just want to play 1-on-1s online and For Fun's rule set doesn't appeal to them.

In any fighting game, there will always be complete scrubs who don't know how to play but will go online and try to be competitive anyway. They will lose a lot. They will bore the players looking for a challenge. But we don't have a right to say they shouldn't be able to do what they paid for unless they start breaking terms of service. And "being genuinely bad at gaming" is not a TOS violation.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have to side with Samias on this one, even though I'd like to be able to face good people more often myself. Perhaps there should've been a setting there that can let you set which people you're matched up against based on their win-loss ratio in For Glory. It wouldn't be that useful right when the game first comes out, but over time it could be pretty handy for skill building.

Edited by Anacybele

ring ring

here comes the no fun police

people can't play for glory unless they git gud

i'm going to spam moves in for glory, just for you friend

great lesson there, and i don't even care that for fun exists, that's mean

yeah, screw players who want to play against others with similar skill levels

Why are people making a big deal about there being new, unskilled players on For Glory?

If you really want to blame someone for putting you up against a complete noob at the game, blame Nintendo for not integrating a matchmaking system based on Elo rating. Such a system would try to match you with similarly skilled players and give you more or less points for a win or a loss depending on how much Elo you initially had against the opponent.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Edited by Raven

So guys, one of the challenges on my screen says "Defeat ???" What the heck does this mean? o_O

Have you unlocked everyone? If you haven't unlocked someone, they won't show their name until you do

Might also be Master Core

Edited by Dusk Hunt Dodge

So guys, one of the challenges on my screen says "Defeat ???" What the heck does this mean? o_O

Pretty sure that one is defeat master core. You fight him by going left in the fork where you would normally fight master hand

I've unlocked everyone and both times I took the left fork in Classic, I was only against Master Hand and Crazy Hand. Master Core must be on a higher difficulty setting.

I've unlocked everyone and both times I took the left fork in Classic, I was only against Master Hand and Crazy Hand. Master Core must be on a higher difficulty setting.

Difficulty 6.0 at least.

Difficulty 6.0 at least.

Really? I fought him at 5.5. As far as I'm aware, it has to be at least above 5.0 if you want to face him (Minimum is 5.1, cannot be 5.0)

Yeah, it goes like this:

0-5.0: No Master Core

5.1-7.0: Four forms (lizard, sword, shadow, core)

7.1-9.0: Five forms (the above plus a mech)

I fought him at 5.0 too and on that point at least he only uses the sword and clone ones. I don't think the lizard comes until 7.0 and above.

The last challenge that I have left of the first page of the challenges is "Play Rival Smash", but I can't seem to find "Rival Smash" anywhere in the game...

It's in Stadium with multi man smash.

Edited by Jotari

The last challenge that I have left of the first page of the challenges is "Play Rival Smash", but I can't seem to find "Rival Smash" anywhere in the game...

it's in multi-smash

Really? I fought him at 5.5. As far as I'm aware, it has to be at least above 5.0 if you want to face him (Minimum is 5.1, cannot be 5.0)

Ah, I see. I went straight from 5.0 to 6.0.

It took me a bunch of tries to beat Master Core on 9.0 Intensity, with ZSS.

Now I'm scared to do it as other characters, even Peach or Zelda. And I really want to play on a higher difficulty, but I don't want to fight the Mech / Robot form of Master Core! I want to at least play on 8.0 with every character, but I'll have to settle for 7.0 unless I'll be willing to fight the Mech form.

It took me a bunch of tries to beat Master Core on 9.0 Intensity, with ZSS.

Now I'm scared to do it as other characters, even Peach or Zelda. And I really want to play on a higher difficulty, but I don't want to fight the Mech / Robot form of Master Core! I want to at least play on 8.0 with every character, but I'll have to settle for 7.0 unless I'll be willing to fight the Mech form.

Little Mac on 9.0 classic Master Core is nightmare mode.

MY COPY CAME TODAY! YES! So far I've unlocked Falco, Ness, Dark Pit, Lucina, and Wario. I'm having a blast! Right now my three favorite newcomers are Robin, Greninja, and the Mii Fighters. I'm gonna mess around online later tonight after dinner.

Er, duh?

Anyway, you guys were incorrect. I did Classic on 5.1 intensity, but Master Core didn't show up. However, it DID appear when I bumped it up to 5.5. And that was indeed what my "defeat ???" challenge was referring to. Thanks for the help!

I just gotta complete Classic with one more character and I'll have another challenge complete.