SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Just beat the cruel smash challenge without a hammer

GZGxtK.gif
Not all of us want to jerk our joypads and break them.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its still annoying that you can only do one pad of unlockables at a time.

Well, I just found out something about Mac's Side Smash. If you hold up while performing it, Mac will do an uppercut, rather than a jab. I found this out after accidentally doing it on For Glory, and rewatching that part about 20 times.

I have a hard time imagining that 8 Player Smash was a concept for the 3DS.

Also here's the Wii U Trophy Shop!

7829bc59e15d0912f20afbbb88ae625a.png

Edited by Starbound

I played for a bit last night, unlocked Ness, Falco, Dark Pit and Ganondorf so far, in that order (I think).

I'll be aiming to unlock at least Lucina this evening. Probably more.

I unlocked Ness by playing a few normal games.

When I first started Classic, I only had enough coins to start at level 6. Ike kinda wrecked everything with no continues, unlocking Falco. On this, I only fought against Master Hand due to the lower level.

Then I dove in with Marth at level 9. That ended on something like level 6.5 because I got wrecked by that final boss thing. I concluded that Marth is pretty rubbish against that thing.

Then I went with Link on level 9, but lost once during the 4-man free for all round. Killed that final boss thing on 8.5 though, so that was nice, I thought.

Edited by Raven

I'm randomly getting my butt kicked on 4.0 in Classic, which irks me. Once I get to the final boss, it's doable, but everything before then is a pain. What gives?

I have a hard time imagining that 8 Player Smash was a concept for the 3DS.

Also here's the Wii U Trophy Shop!

7829bc59e15d0912f20afbbb88ae625a.png

Thought Chespin would be on 3DS. Guess handheld trophies aren't staying handheld like the stages? Or it's because Chespin is an assist.

Ganondorf is good for classic, I've found. I haven't done 9 yet but I've beaten Master Core on 6.5 with him.

I'm randomly getting my butt kicked on 4.0 in Classic, which irks me. Once I get to the final boss, it's doable, but everything before then is a pain. What gives?

It's complete opposite for me. I blitz through everything but once I get to Master Hand/Master Core, I get destroyed.

For classic 9.0 I just buffed up Ganondorf's power which helped a lot. You have to be good with Ganon so you aren't killed on your way to master core and make sure you know the patters of its forms, but once you got that down it only takes a couple smash attacks to destroy each form.

Its still annoying that you can only do one pad of unlockables at a time.

Not quite true. I unlocked set 3 before finishing set 2.

I'm making a few more Mii Fighters for one of the challenges though (it wants you to make eight). The three I'm doing are Daisy, Vaati, and...someone not from Nintendo, but from DC Universe because of the gunner class: Cyborg from Teen Titans!

Dark Pit is beautiful and one of the best newcomers, and I don't even care if he's a clone.

Anyone who complains about KI "bias" can get over it, because that large swath of Trophies and Smash Run enemies won't be in the Wii U version. Just two regular characters and a clone, with the items and assists. Skyworld might not even come back (I hope dearly it does).

So, I saw someone say earlier that they got 4 KOs in Cruel Smash by hanging on the edge and Aethering with Ike, but that isn't working for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure when you aether you grab onto the ledge instead of landing on the platform, then drop down and repeat. It takes some skill and quite a bit of patience. You could also mix it up a tiny bit by attacking them when they spawn and then run to do the aether strat.

So, I saw someone say earlier that they got 4 KOs in Cruel Smash by hanging on the edge and Aethering with Ike, but that isn't working for me. Am I doing something wrong?

The strategy is to drop down off the ledge so that the enemies will follow you, then Aether back up and edgehog so they'll self-destruct. It usually takes a couple of shots before you can get the hang of it, and even then getting four kills off of it is tricky. Back in Brawl I only managed to get two or three kills, tops.

The strategy is to drop down off the ledge so that the enemies will follow you, then Aether back up and edgehog so they'll self-destruct. It usually takes a couple of shots before you can get the hang of it, and even then getting four kills off of it is tricky. Back in Brawl I only managed to get two or three kills, tops.

Be careful though. Edge invincibility in this game is gone after the first ledge grab.

It also seems that you can only grab the ledge a certain number of times in one match. >_>

Ike won't grab it for me at times and he just KOs himself. I did get three KOs out of it getting me the 2 KOs challenge, but it doesn't work for four.