SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

isn't half of the reason that MK was banned due to his monsterous recovery? I thought diddy lacked that

Diddy can recover with his very good rocketbarrel jetpack and his side B. He can also cling to walls much like Sheik

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greninja.

yea

Now, it's only situational, but it's good in the fact that it's never a boon, it's just better on places that it works on (Balloon Fight, WarioWareInc, etc)

Ohhhhh....but I didn't say I was 100% correct on that one, diddy kong could be better compared to a slightly weaker character like cant think of any but maybe Link. :)

Link is the conquerer of intensity 9.0
Power Bow SPAM. The AI cannot possibly counter this move well. Use this to snag victory on intensity 9.0. Also useful after Master Core's sword form.

So this guy got a glitched copy of Smash bros and it's hilarious. He's also got popular on miiverse as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhgUm-DG5OY

Porky: T-t-t-that's all folks!

I never had a problem with Diddy, but that was probably because I main the only character that's immune to his banana peel combos. lol (Luigi, due to his bad traction)

You can have that traction through a boot in customs as well. >:]

Ban Diddy Kong? I've never had any trouble facing him.

...that is, because all the players I've faced were downright terrible.

So this guy got a glitched copy of Smash bros and it's hilarious. He's also got popular on miiverse as well.

...wat. I've heard of this before but I never actually saw it in person until now.

Question: Arent the physics and things pretty much the same in the Wii U version? Cuz if so, Diddy doesnt need to be banned. People need to just get gud. Ive faced competent Diddy players, and never saw him as OP or anything.

Have you seen the ZSS stickfigure and the Charizard mile-long legs?

Oh yeah, I love that Charizard. missingno for smash Edited by Knight

Question: Arent the physics and things pretty much the same in the Wii U version? Cuz if so, Diddy doesnt need to be banned. People need to just get gud. Ive faced competent Diddy players, and never saw him as OP or anything.

There's a couple moves that are different but the physics are more or less the same. Diddy is strong but until there are more tournaments, we don't know if he's so strong as to be overcentralizing. There was one tournament with a Diddy Kong ditto for the finals but in many tournaments Diddy players don't even place in the top 3. Considering in Brawl Metaknight wasn't even consistently banned, I highly doubt anyone is ever going to truly ban Diddy. Plus Nintendo may simply issue another patch that nerfs either his grabs or his uair or their ability to combo into one another so easily, since that's the only thing that truly makes Diddy top of top tier.

I rarely see any Diddys online. There was one i faced who was pretty good, but also pretty annoying. I couldn't remember his side-B being able to grab you out of a shield before, and I had a hard time to adjust to that.

But if Nintendo makes their job right with the patches, there shouldn't be the need to ever ban a character.

So the competitive community is really upset over how strong Diddy Kong is right now. A lot of the more vocal players, like ZeRo, are trying to get people to ban the character.

I wonder where this is gonna go.

are you seriously suggesting that your experiences with finding diddy not being ~that powerful~ are (comparable to) top-level professional play?

like, maybe he doesn't need to be banned, but saying that "people just need to get gud" when the people talking about it are people who are legitimately among the best at smash in the world, is kind of uh

questionable

there's "competent" and then there's "professional smasher maining diddy"

As a Pac-Man main, he does feel slightly different between versions, most notably his Side+B having more ending lag and the hydrant resisting less hits in the Wii U version. (Wii U Pac-Man feels like pre-patch 3DS Pac-Man).