SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.. E3's about a month away. Think we'll see anything Smash related there? Perhaps since Lucas is being released in the same month, they'll announce the next character? Hint: They're going to remove a certain assist trophy and that character will become playable. You know the one. Hint 2: It's Lyn.

If anybody from FE will be added, it'll be a certain redheaded lord that happens to be our boy, if the filedump of the latest patches are any indication.

So.. E3's about a month away. Think we'll see anything Smash related there? Perhaps since Lucas is being released in the same month, they'll announce the next character? Hint: They're going to remove a certain assist trophy and that character will become playable. You know the one. Hint 2: It's Lyn.

I see them revealing someone.

I really hope you're right.

I really hope you're right.

Maybe when Lyn joins in, the assist trophy will be Alfonzo. "Leave it to me!"

What I'm thinking is, Roy will be saved for the Fire Emblem Symphony seeing as Sakurai is a guest presenter at the event and if there was ever a time to announce a FE character it would be then, and Ryu would be announced at E3. I could be wrong but that just seems like the most logical course of events.

The leak actually has me super salty because Ryu would be an insane reveal as so many "rules" would be smashed (such as one third party character per company, no 3rd party DLC characters and no fighting game characters).

It would revolutionize Smash Bros. speculation in a way that hasn't been seen since Snake.

What I honestly can't believe is that Sakurai would put files in the game that reveal not only an upcoming character, but a character that would have also been the most shocking, out-of-nowhere reveal ever in the series. Did he seriously think people were not going to find them out? Really?

What I'm thinking is, Roy will be saved for the Fire Emblem Symphony seeing as Sakurai is a guest presenter at the event and if there was ever a time to announce a FE character it would be then, and Ryu would be announced at E3. I could be wrong but that just seems like the most logical course of events.

Isn't that Japan only? Unless it's being live-streamed, I highly doubt a Smash reveal would happen there.

What I honestly can't believe is that Sakurai would put files in the game that reveal not only an upcoming character, but a character that would have also been the most shocking, out-of-nowhere reveal ever in the series. Did he seriously think people were not going to find them out? Really?

It was most likely not Sakurai who put those files there.

Sometimes, it sounds like he programs the whole game on his own the way people talk about it, doesn't it?

If it wasn't Sakurai, there is a slight possibility that it's just some lowly scrub who happens to have access to files that update into the game having a giggle at our hopes and expectations.

Hopefully this is not the case. Then again, if it were just a prank, I think those files would have been removed before now.

Edited by Raven

Very likely, but he's also the director. This is the type of thing he should be aware of.

Yeah, how can anyone on Sakurai's team not figure out that by now, some people have major hacking and digging skills when it comes to games? Then again, GameFreak still hasn't figured it out... *cough*secret event Pokemon getting found in the game files*cough*

I would've been all "WHOA" about Ryu if he got revealed at E3 if those files weren't found and we knew nothing about it until then. But now it's not going to be as surprising or awesome. On top of that, there's also disappointment about Roy returning. So yeah, I'm kind of salty too.

Edited by Anacybele

There's not just disappointment about Roy returning, there's an equal amount of excitement as well.

I'm nearly certain Ana was speaking about her own personal disappointment about Roy

so in her case it's highly unlikely that there is an equal amount of excitement

I'm nearly certain Ana was speaking about her own personal disappointment about Roy

so in her case it's highly unlikely that there is an equal amount of excitement

Sorry, I didn't pick up on that. I'm bad at picking up things like that over the internet.

Um...I don't get what you two are talking about either way? ._. I'm confused, sorry...

When you said there was disappointment about Roy being back, did you mean from yourself or the fandom in general?

Because there's definitely more excitement than disappointment regarding the return of Roy.

When you said there was disappointment about Roy being back, did you mean from yourself or the fandom in general?

Because there's definitely more excitement than disappointment regarding the return of Roy.

I meant from myself. I'm surprised to hear that there isn't more disappointment than excitement overall though. I thought Roy was generally hated. Smash fans always complained about clones, and FE fans always complain about his bad stats and stuff. Only Japan likes him for some reason.

That's weird. I mean, I do kind of prefer Roy myself because flaming sword, but so many people voiced disappointment that Lucina was a clone. Roy was one too. Why are people so hypocritical? They love Roy despite that he's a clone, but whine about Lucina because she's a clone?