SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

SoC

That is like... the first time in a long while Ein has used that.

Yeah, must be costing Nintendo a bundle to animate all of them.

tumblr_n8pjhqT3fP1s7zl0wo1_1280.png

Gotta love Ubisoft.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Ubisoft topic, they honestly could have avoided so much flack by just saying "We did that once and it didn't sell so we're afraid to do it again" and not "Women cost too much to animate". What kind of crap is that??? Like of all the possible excuses, you go with that one?

Indeed it is-- so let's discuss. What did I say that you don't agree with? I think the points I was trying to make are sound, but I'm not always good at properly stating my case. I'm not totally against the idea, just skeptical. So, sell me on it *shrug*

*opens chest to reveal empty hole* . . . *shrug*

And if it's any player-vs-player gameplay situation, it will automatically have a competitive edge to it, even if it's more of an intendedly-funsy game mode. Like I said, I don't think it's impossible to do without balancing well, (Nintendoland did it well with 2/3 PvP games), but I just question whether or not they would take the time to do that when they're balancing old features, implementing new ones, and doing all the character balance business with the huge cast and whatnot.

So would Tiny, Slow and Invisible Melee, and those 3v1 minigames in Mario Party, be included in this evaluation

I do not have very much to say on the cost/benefit analysis that would face the developers in paying some people to build an extra mode for it and making sure it's so unbalanced to be unfun even as anovelty, versus having them do whatever else they could possibly be doing, (because very little about anticipating games excites me less than speculating what tradeoffs keep the middlemen in video game development companies up at night,) but the potential joy of fingerbeaming your friends or eating them as Rayquaza ought to be fairly self-evident

(as in; how likely it would be for such a mode would make it into a smash game, ever, much less this time around, seems irrelevant to me when asking how cool it would be)

(Unless you are a middleman at a video game development company, and you are physically incapable of thinking of anything that is unlikely to actually get included in the game as cool)

On the Ubisoft topic, they honestly could have avoided so much flack by just saying "We did that once and it didn't sell so we're afraid to do it again" and not "Women cost too much to animate". What kind of crap is that??? Like of all the possible excuses, you go with that one?

Of course, some of the reason why Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed game with a female protagonist did so poorly is that they released it on the Vita, and it's possible neither of the two Vita owners liked the series.

As far as the "playable boss mode" feature is concerned, if it's impossible to make it fun for multiple human players, they could make a mode where you play as a boss and fight CPU characters. Basically like Multi-Man Melee/Brawl where there could be goals of surviving a certain amount of time, defeating a certain number of enemies, or just trying to see how many opponents you can defeat before you are taken down.

Nb1EKKE.png

hmm wonder how much damage that would be? Hopefully it's severely limited compared to the other tomes..

Edited by kingddd

Yeah... if you play with no items (like in tournaments) Robin is going to be the only character who can heal. Unless the recovery is minimal or the number of uses of Nosferatu is low with a long recharge time, Robin is basically confirmed top tier.

Anyone considered what it's like when Robin final smashes Lucina? I can just imagine Lucina going, "Father, why!?"

And then imagine female Robin final smashing Lucina in a world where she married Chrom...

Yeah... if you play with no items (like in tournaments) Robin is going to be the only character who can heal. Unless the recovery is minimal or the number of uses of Nosferatu is low with a long recharge time, Robin is basically confirmed top tier.

ness, lucas, and mr game and watch can already do this.

Anyone considered what it's like when Robin final smashes Lucina? I can just imagine Lucina going, "Father, why!?"

And then imagine female Robin final smashing Lucina in a world where she married Chrom...

Yeah, all the more reason for me to write that female Robin is married to Frederick (and male Robin is married to Sumia). :P

Guy Starwind: I brought that up before and I agree.

Nb1EKKE.png

hmm wonder how much damage that would be? Hopefully it's severely limited compared to the other tomes..

If damage he suffers can be returned to them recovering him, he's going to likely be barred from smash tournaments.

If Robin can heal I think Ike's Aether should heal too. At least Great Aether.

They should do that.
Shall someone tell Nintendo to add that element? The game is still getting developed, so there is time to tell them to possibly do that. Because, well...it's not really Aether if you don't recover too along with the powerful hit. The recovery only should be halved though, or it's too overpowered.
Edited by Bimbo

So this guy discovered a trick to do in the new Smash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLmm1joZm6wUViu_zYaXi0hKXeylaTAMrD&v=sTHyYHin2lg&app=desktop

Your thoughts?

Oh...

You can download the demo onto your Wii-U. Nice! :D

It's too bad that I don't have one even though it's going to take some time to save up for it.

I've got all summer and fall.

88a8b9.jpg

Ho ho ho ho ho.

Edited by Bimbo

Oh...

You can download the demo onto your Wii-U. Nice! :D

It's too bad that I don't have one even though it's going to take some time to save up for it.

I've got all summer and fall.

88a8b9.jpg

Ho ho ho ho ho.

That video says it was made during E3...

Wait, they've made the demo available for download?

if only.......if only.....

I also highly doubt it since they've been using the E3 build for the last few months to showoff the game. There is a reason why there are Nintendo Reps near each player who were playing the demo. It's because the builds are unstable and can crash anytime. It happened in many Best Buy locations and during E3. The invitational was lucky to not even have a single crash during that tournament.