SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, I like how colorful the menu is! It's so pretty! And I agree with Sakurai, kudos to his team for making the tough stuff happen! ^^

I just hope the stage builder is under that games and more category. If not, it better be on the Wii U version. Since we can essentially create our own characters using Miis, removing the stage builder would just be dumb! :(

Hmm. So we have it confirmed that the 3DS version has no Classic/Events/Stadium modes or anything of the sort. I suppose the WiiU version will be the one to have those. TBH it's a little disappointing that the 3DS version won't at least have Classic, but I can live with it.

I guess this goes to show that the two versions are really meant to be more like a set, huh?

Still, I might be wrong about some stuff like Break the Targets or HRC or whatever. I'm curious for more details on these 'Challenge' and 'Games and More' sections. I'm guessing 'Challenge' is cheevs and unlockables and whatnot, similar to the golden hammer-wall screen from Brawl... 'Games and More' probably has trophies, but who knows what else?

Also, wasn't Smash Run also supposed to be available in multiplayer or am I crazy?

Home Run Contest has already been confirmed for 3DS. I assume the Stadium stuff is under Games & More or maybe Smash.

And yes, Smash Run is multiplayer.

I wonder what the Wii U option does.

That's what immediately struck me too. Maybe it's possible to play someone on the Wii U using you're 3DS? That's the only thing that comes to mind for me. Though if that is what the option means the matter of exclusive stages would be weird.

I'm guessing all traditional game modes are under Smash, which divides on "Solo" and "Group" after clicking on it. The "Games & More" section is likely stuff like Stage Builder, the equivalent of Coin Launcher, and other similar stuff.

"Smash Run" is its own section likely because it's the big 3DS-exclusive mode Sakurai wants to promote.

Trivia: The designer of the UI in this game, based on how it looks, is likely the same who designed the UI in Sakurai's games in the past, who happens to be Sakurai's Wife.

Oh wow, Sakurai's WIFE? Haha, that's awesome!

I'm with Ana in hoping that the Stage Builder is in there somewhere and we just haven't seen it yet. With luck, each of the main menu-screen options will have a lot more underneath them all, eh?

The WiiU feature doesn't seem like a huge mystery to me; obviously we can't play between the 3DS and the WiiU since they have completely different stages, but the WiiU feature is probably used to send things like custom movesets (possibly stages, assuming they'd be compatible on both versions?) to and from the 3DS and WiiU.

Smash Run may have more depth to it than we thought, too; possibly enough to justify replacing Classic. The brilliance of City Trial in Kirby's Air Ride was that it was a simple setup where a multitude of things could happen, giving it a ton of replayability. I expect no less from this, heh.

Edited by BANRYU

Classic Mode was also shown in a 3DS pic and videos awhile back I have no idea why it was assumed it and Home Run Contest weren't in it.

Considering the day after the triple reveal with Palutena, Pac-Man and Miis were shown showed a 3DS pic with Palutena at the Home Run contest

Oh wow, Sakurai's WIFE? Haha, that's awesome!

Reminds me of a certain song from Baten Kaitos Origins. Composed by Motoi Sakuraba, with lyrics written by his wife and sung by his little daughter. Pretty cute.

Oh, that DOES sound cute. ^^

Well, I just hope Sakurai mentions the stage builder at all soon. I loved it in Brawl and it'd be even awesomer if it had more options this time!

Oh wow, the menu looks good. I take it that the 3DS is a "lite" version in comparison to the Wii U version, yet I'm really glad Classic Mode is in! 3DS version will be really fun to play everywhere without the need of being stuck in the TV :awesome:

Going for both versions because can't wait til Holidays rite

I have a feeling other big features like the stage builder might be announced at that next NDD in August or whenever.

Classic Mode was also shown in a 3DS pic and videos awhile back I have no idea why it was assumed it and Home Run Contest weren't in it.

*shrug* I can't remember everything, ehehe .3.

Maybe stage builder will be a Wii U exclusive. It's going to have some additional things otherwise they would probably release both at the same time.

If the menu's similarities to Kid Icarus Uprising go beyond the design, Home Run contest, Trophy Dash and all of those games are in the games and more tab.

Events and Classic Mode will be under Smash.

3DS menu theme:

Definitely better than Brawl's.

Ooh, yeah, I quite agree! Though to be fair, I eventually got sick of hearing Brawl's theme all the time. But that might be because of how much I played that thing. :P

Brawl having a Latin theme seemed like a very strange design choice in my opinion.

I love this new theme. Though if I can have a remixed Melee menu theme instead via My Music I'll take it instead.

Watching the 3DS Livestream so far, Bowser is owning every match like holy cow he's dominating everyone.

Edited by kingddd