SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

In fact, I did most of them (the ones I did today, that is) on my first or second try, including some I thought were harder. But the one that was really bullshit was Aura Mastery. The conditions here are:

1. You are fighting two enemies, a Wii Fit Trainer and a Sheik.

2. They are both invisible.

3. They both kill you in one hit with most attacks as a result of you being Lucario at 200 damage.

4. They each have two stocks (though you also have two).

The rage. Max aura is powerful, but it's not like you can kill them in one hit each. I basically had to camp out by the edge spamming Force Palm and charging Shadow Ball whenever I got a chance, hoping to hit with it or the grab part of Force Palm for kills.

That's insane. It sounds like that would be hard enough even if you could actually see them.

(And at 200%, even Sheik shouldn't have a problem killing you)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(And at 200%, even Sheik shouldn't have a problem killing you)

as a sheik main: you'd be surprised at some bullshit situations you get into Edited by Euklyd

as a sheik main: you'd be surprised at some bullshit situations you get into

I really don't know much about Sheik. I main Zelda since Brawl, and back then, I always hated when I accidently transformed, because I suck with Sheik.

zelda's transform was the best move in the entire game tho

you should really have invested more time into learning it

(except it wasn't actually very good in brawl)

I do realize that being able to move back and forth between two movesets that complement one another so well is a great advantage. Rack up damage as Sheik, then go for the kill with Zelda. But I can't help it, if Sheik's playstyle doesn't suit me.

zelda's transform was the best move in the entire game tho

you should really have invested more time into learning it

(except it wasn't actually very good in brawl)

Zelda's transform was my least favorite move of hers. It's good they changed it.

Zelda's transform was my least favorite move of hers. It's good they changed it.

zelda's transform alone made her viable in melee

literally :V

e: I agree that it's good they changed it - I love bouncing fish

Edited by Euklyd

zelda's transform alone made her viable in melee

literally :V

It even changed her name. I'd never seen anything like it.

I like Zelda more than Sheik.

Yes, thanks. And the Zelda mains got a move in exchange that is just slightly less sucky than accidently transforming and making yourself wide open to be punished. xD

It even changed her name. I'd never seen anything like it.

I like Zelda more than Sheik.

it's really not an exaggeration to say that zelda's transform was faaaaar superior to sheik's by several orders of magnitude

Yes, thanks. And the Zelda mains got a move in exchange that is just slightly less sucky than accidently transforming and making yourself wide open to be punished. xD

ikr

I play a bit of zelda and nothing pains me more than seeing phantom slash ;/

e: well no

trying to aim farore's and instead casting din's, while offstage, is the worst

Edited by Euklyd

trying to aim farore's and instead casting din's, while offstage, is the worst

So damn true! Dx

They changed Fox' and Falcos Side-B so that they don't kill themselves anymore, but NO, Zelda can manage just fine falling helplessly to her death! >.<

I also hate how they changed Farore's Wind to slide you across the ground if you hit it and haven't moved the full length of the move. I still have problems to adjust to that. It's strange, but I'm actually better with Zelda in Brawl than in Smash 4.

So damn true! Dx

They changed Fox' and Falcos Side-B so that they don't kill themselves anymore, but NO, Zelda can manage just fine falling helplessly to her death! >.<

I also hate how they changed Farore's Wind to slide you across the ground if you hit it and haven't moved the full length of the move. I still have problems to adjust to that. It's strange, but I'm actually better with Zelda in Brawl than in Smash 4.

the best part is that unlike din's, you can actually recover with space animals' side b

also the bolded is only true if you use the move in the air

We should give Zelda a sword.

I feel really conflicted with Zelda in SSB4. She was one of my mains in Brawl but SSB4 she's a secondary I might use. She's got some buffs here and there but it's mostly about aspects of her moveset I never use while all the aspects I did like, her smash attacks, Din's Fire, tilts, have all taken serious nerfs. Lightning kicks are also easier to land but so much less satisfying as a result since their power's been nerfed too. It feels as if the only way I can reliably kill with Zelda is using Farore's Wind which a savy player can very easily block and punish. It's not like Zelda is OP, couldn't we have kept super awesome Din's Fire, great smash attacks and powerful tilts along with easier to use lightning kicks, a killer Farore's Wind and increased movement speed? And I think all Phantom Slash needs to be a somewhat decent move is the ability to store the charge like Giant Punch.

EDIT: made a new thread, since this is a pretty big thing probably?

will be updating that post and not this one

YO GUYS

remember how the winners of APEX 2015 were being invited to Japan for some Official Super Smash Bros. for Wii Uâ„¢ Tourney? apparently that's tomorrow

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/events/chokaigi/20150425.html

dunno where it'll be streamed (maybe that site? maybe VGBC?), but singles start at 1 p.m. on Saturday (assuming Tokyo time) -> 9 p.m. on Friday (Pacific Time)

doubles are the same time the next day

OUR REPS ARE:

- mdedPzO.png ZeRo and mew2king 5am7KTN.png

- 5am7KTN.png FOW and MJG 5am7KTN.png

--- Except FOW can't make it, so they're sending cyve 2CUDbhe.png instead

reddit thread here

edit: this prolly deserves its own thread, actually...

Edited by Euklyd

It seriously feels like Sakurai hates Zelda. She's been in three Smash games and not once has she made it above Bottom Tier.

Samurai hates Hyrule in general except Shiek and possibly Toon Link. As for Zelda, I don't see the point of buffing her and nerfing at the same time. Gains Farore as a kill (gimmicky at best), but loses Brawl Din's Fire, Brawl's godly Up smash, and gets transform replaced by a somewhat useless special. Should've just been buffed IMO.

Congrats!! I guess that makes me, Tsunamimi, and you the only ones that completed SSB4 Wii U 100%, events, challenges, and all...

...wait... how about your co-op events? I remember the Gamer Duck Hunt and Game & Watch event being the last one I completed on Hard since the AI is ridiculous and the one hit mother stare worked against my brother and I most of the time, rather than with us.

I did every solo and coop event too, all on hard with special conditions met. Add me to the list. Edited by Rabbattack