• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everything I did in a past game as mafia is scummy. What's scummy about asking someone if their read on someone has changed after something relevant occurs? The fact that you hadn't posted up to that point is irrelevant, because I'm not trying to say you're scummy for not updating your read. It's just a question.

For what it's worth, it being only POTENTIAL LYLO at 5/4 implies some sort of kill-stopping ability is there that could prevent town from losing even after a no lynch and a NK attempt. So if we lynch correctly today and that ability works, your vengeful might not be useless anymore.

Not everything I did in a past game as mafia is scummy. What's scummy about asking someone if their read on someone has changed after something relevant occurs? The fact that you hadn't posted up to that point is irrelevant, because I'm not trying to say you're scummy for not updating your read. It's just a question.

I dunno; it's a weird focus shift and doesn't say anything of your own opinion. Why bother asking it unless I go a post or two without saying anything?

Because I'm curious about the subject and I want to make sure you say something about it. I don't see it as a prod, just asking a question.

My own opinions will have to wait for me to reread ISOs/the thread, since my two main suspicions from earlier are dead.

As for me getting into slapfights, not really. I don't think getting into an argument and responding back to the same person a lot is a slapfight. That's pushing my reads, to me. I consider it a slapfight when it's more emotional than logical.

I think I'm ready to stop being a whiny little bitch now.

##unvote

Shin handwaving Marth as being defensive is less important than the fact he failed to properly respond to Marth. When Marth accused him of having a double standard on their bear votes, he said "Me being bad doesn't make you good" when Marth's point was that Shin was worse than him. He acknowledged ignoring terra, but didn't do anything to rectify that even when building a list of reads post. He expands on his view of kirsche but not elie, who was the person of interest. The parts of the case against Rapier in which he didn't add "but maybe it's just Rapier" are dubious.

He attacked Rapier on D1 for ignoring much of Marth's new content, even though he answered the substantial part of it, and later said Marth had little productive content on D1. He trashed Rapier's Terrador vote despite it being fair for when it was made, and made it look like Rapier excused Terrador thoughtlessly, like he had done to Breezy.

##Vote: Shin

6 to hammer so this should be alright.

not playing

I think Baldrick has forgotten which Australian he is and is trying to be Manix.

only i'm allowed to be a postspamming australian :/

not playing

I've got literally nothing on breezy and bearclaw, not even meta since I've never played with them. They should say something. (If you can't think of anything, talk about the reactions to shinori's cop claim given that the mafia would know it's false).

Bearclaw, what is your read against Breezy? In your last post of D1 you said he was scummy (this was before the Tracker claim). Then your first post of D2, your listpost, said your opinion of Breezy was the same as before. So the Tracker claim didn't change it any. Since you were voting Breezy at end of D1, what made Shinori worse suddenly if your scumread on Breezy hadn't changed any? You confirmed his results on you later, but said nothing about Breezy other than that for the entire phase. Seems pretty odd if he was your top scumread at the end of D1, to not even say "yeah probably not scum if he's Tracker", or something to that effect.

Your D2 seems rather suspect upon some thought, actually. Your listpost is sort of fluffy since it wastes time talking about nullreads, and states more information than analysis. I might have mentioned this earlier, but a lot of your reads have logic jumps from your reasoning to your conclusion that's kind of weird. I think earlier I said that this might be because you come up with them mainly through gut, but the disconnect being there even when you do have reasoning feels odd.

You say you dislike Kirsche's posts, with nothing else there, even though that's literally the first time you've mentioned him in the game. Your Marth read is sort of waffly, and this is where the information instead of analysis comes in- what does Marth talking about SSG/Shinori/Rapier have to do with his alignment? Why mention it? You dislike Scorri for voting Elie for the fake vig, but don't really say why voting someone for that is scummy in the first place, and again spend time talking about her Kirsche vote, but draw no conclusion from it. Again with Rapier, what's the point of saying he voted Marth for lack of content? You're just stating things and not drawing conclusions. Your blurb on Shin is similar. The only real analysis I see is in the Shinori and JB reads.

The rest of your D2 is really nothing. You sheep Scorri on a point against Shinori and prod Kirsche a little bit for not voting Marth, and that's really it.

I would have preferred JB to claim first, but his activity is sort of spotty and I think he's gone to sleep. In the interests of expediting the process, I wouldn't mind Shin or Bearclaw starting us off.

I'll be gone for most of the afternoon/evening though.

I don't have time to answer BBM' s post on me but I can start of you guys want me to.

I wouldn't mind it. I want to get through this is fast as possible so that we can figure out who the heck we're lynching, but people's generally sparse activity right now doesn't fill me with confidence.

'Kay I'm Darros. Town Mason. My fellow Mason was Kirsche (Lucina).

Um, I thought that kirsche had basically claimed rolecop or voyeur or something. How did he know that Breezy was tracker? Do you not have any other abilities?

Um, I thought that kirsche had basically claimed rolecop or voyeur or something. How did he know that Breezy was tracker? Do you not have any other abilities?

I don't know whether he had additional abilities or not. I don't.

Claiming Masons with a dead Janitored person is awfully convenient. I'm not sure I believe it, because Kirsche more or less stated outright that he thought that Breezy was the Tracker because of his role. Masons having an additional part to their role when they're already two confirmed townies with OC with each other would be too strong, and besides, even if Kirsche did have more to his role, since Masons are confirmed town with each other, he have told Bearclaw about it, which he didn't.

Claiming Masons with a dead Janitored person is awfully convenient. I'm not sure I believe it, because Kirsche more or less stated outright that he thought that Breezy was the Tracker because of his role. Masons having an additional part to their role when they're already two confirmed townies with OC with each other would be too strong, and besides, even if Kirsche did have more to his role, since Masons are confirmed town with each other, he have told Bearclaw about it, which he didn't.

He told me stuff, he was just vague. Like he told me that if he had to claim then he would claim Mason making me think that he didn't have an extra role (it was implied in since other stuff he said as well). I would say he didn't have an extra role but I couldn't be completely certain.

Can I copy the conversation? That might help...

Well, if we've got to this point, I'm Jedi, a town watcher. I kinda watched Strege N0, el zilcho. Rapier N1, el zilcho, and scorri N2 - who was visited by Breezy. Hence why I was bugging him so much ^^.

Da Bear's role makes sense but the way kirsche was acting was muoy weird. I doubt kirsche was scum unless we've got some sort of killing role in town, but da bear's claim irks me slightly. There's also the weirdness of a mason that can do other stuff.