QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<----look at my avy

Fighter/thieves, that way I can fulfill my desires of being a backstabbing scum that loots everything in sight and not die when someone shakes a ladle in my direction.

Because whenever I see NPC in D&D, I think, what is the best way to kill/steal/(kill and loot) that person.

Also I have finally acquired a ring of invisibility and boots of Elvenkind(sneaking). Rikku is the ultimate thief now!

Yay for adventurer capitalist everywhere!

Edited by sifer

What RPG class/archetype do you typically play or is one you're most likely to play?

I tend to go for a fast heavy hitter who is low on defense. I usually go with black mage if the game doesn't have many options. Magic is awesome but not necessary.

Stealth mages who can carry blades are my favourite. Spellswords. Thief skills are a must if I can have them.

Edited by Makaze

Probably thieves/assassins/swashbuckler. I like mages, too, but most of the time I end as a rogue ( in WoW for example, but in BG II I always went for Assassin, Swashbuckler or Sorcerer).

Unlike Makaze I dislike hybrids, I prefer "pure" classes.

Probably thieves/assassins/swashbuckler. I like mages, too, but most of the time I end as a rogue ( in WoW for example, but in BG II I always went for Assassin, Swashbuckler or Sorcerer).

Unlike Makaze I dislike hybrids, I prefer "pure" classes.

I pure in MMOs, but the class depends on the game. I definitely favour mage classes.

In tabletop, I choose hybrids because I can't afford to be useless in any circumstance. I pick rogues for tabletop.

Whatever has high DPS and may or may not have good durability

DPS is more important here. durability is a bonus but it's not necessary. Must main physical. Dual-type is okay as long as physical damage output is high.

Cecil Harvey's Paladin is like my favourite thing ever.

I guess from that article, some combo of Fighter and Paladin?

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

big, heavy, bulky, slow, hard physical hitters

greatsword and hammer 4 lyfe

i used to prefer rogues. but then i transitioned into versatile fighters (which is still probably my go-to) and shit like that and i ended up being phallic symbolism: the character

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

I pure in MMOs, but the class depends on the game. I definitely favour mage classes.

In tabletop, I choose hybrids because I can't afford to be useless in any circumstance. I pick rogues for tabletop.

What tabletop do you play? If so what edition?

I play 1st edition AD&D, fighter/thieves, nice and simple system with chance of death at every room!

a notable notable achievement is taking 30 min to steal a chair from a room that I thought it was trapped, it wasn't.

Edited by sifer

you misunderstand the difference between "the way to dark souls" and "the only way i can dark souls"

i am incapable of dark soulsing any other way

ask astralunasol about my wing spear run

you misunderstand the difference between "the way to dark souls" and "the only way i can dark souls"

i am incapable of dark soulsing any other way

ask astralunasol about my wing spear run

Oh... well, you can Dark Souls to begin with, which is a feat in itself. ^-^

What tabletop do you play? If so what edition?

I play 1st edition AD&D, fighter/thieves, nice and simple system with chance of death at every room!

a notable notable achievement is taking 30 min to steal a chair from a room that I thought it was trapped, it wasn't.

GURPS 4th Edition.

I've played D&D but it wasn't my game.

I just naturally have an affinity for quick things, so I usually almost go for whoever has the swiftest attacks, which is usually something along the lines of a Thief.

In multiplayer games, I generally like being whatever kind of healer, tech person or misc. support character that looks like it would do the best job at making other people in the group have a smoother time, most preferring healer for the "I might literally get to save somebody from death" factor.

In single-player affairs, I'm not sure what exactly my preference is, though I guess I've often ended up trying out full-on physical characters/roles last. Not that I don't enjoy any part of those kinds of experiences, it's just that the things I seem to get a lot of value out of usually seem to fall along the lines of: being able to do a lot of useful things; and being able to avoid getting hit. Ranged whatevers, stealth rogues, speed rogues and magic types usually seem to be the best at those things. It's often all good, though

Come to think of it, I've pictured a good lot of my RPG characters as kinda nerdy, in a "pursuit of knowledge" kind of way. There's a ton of personality types I can get interested in taking on, though.

i don't play many, but i usually go with fliers and magicians. i always used le vanessa in fe8 and erk in fe7.

in tactics ogre: knight of lodis for the GBA, there was a class called the angel knight. i love that class to DEATH like my god. not too strong, but they're fast, can fly...what can i say? but before i got those, i would use a griffin on my team. they're a beast class so they can't use weapons, but they can use a magic attack.