QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

oh man this is one i can answer

okay here's a bit of backstory: in XCOM: TERROR FROM THE DEEP there was a thing called time units. you used your time units to shoot things, on the order of 33-50% per shot, or saved them to take reaction fire on your opponent's turn.

i had a lad, he was named Lightning or maybe Lightning II after the at-the-time name of noted sf user reinfleche (top lad). the squad was all lined up to breach a uso when a TENTACULAT broke out and killed and zombified one of lightning's comrades.

unsurprisingly, this has An Detrimental Effect on morale, and while his squad cowered, lightning went fucking nuts. lightning has gone berzerk! and then he killed eight (i am not kidding, eight) aliens that came out of the uso in a bloody and terrifying rampage. his reactions were good enough to let him get a shot at every one, his accuracy good enough to land all his shots, his time units high enough to sustain two reaction shots.

and he took eight. out of his ~80 time units, he spent roughly 300 in that reaction phase.

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until I can come up with something better, there is a glitch in Zelda: The Wind Waker that allows you to pick up a Moblin without him being frozen.

While you carry him, the Moblin will behave like he always does. Like futilely running after his weapon or equally futility trying to hit you, should he carry it. On rare occasions, he might actually manage to hit the player.

All the while, the player slides all over the place at a fast speed. You can somewhat control the direction if you allow him to pick up his weapon, though.

Edited by BrightBow

DKC2 castle crush glitch. random things happen and the glitch can mess up the snes from what i hear lol

i also like the SOTN glitches. fun seeing it in speedruns

Like the one where you can get launched past the Death cutscene and keep all of Alucards equipment? :P

Like the one where you can get launched past the Death cutscene and keep all of Alucards equipment? :P

yes : P

that one is hilarious. the one that skips the shaft fight amuses me too :P:

Edited by Ice Sage

oh man this is one i can answer

okay here's a bit of backstory: in XCOM: TERROR FROM THE DEEP there was a thing called time units. you used your time units to shoot things, on the order of 33-50% per shot, or saved them to take reaction fire on your opponent's turn.

i had a lad, he was named Lightning or maybe Lightning II after the at-the-time name of noted sf user reinfleche (top lad). the squad was all lined up to breach a uso when a TENTACULAT broke out and killed and zombified one of lightning's comrades.

unsurprisingly, this has An Detrimental Effect on morale, and while his squad cowered, lightning went fucking nuts. lightning has gone berzerk! and then he killed eight (i am not kidding, eight) aliens that came out of the uso in a bloody and terrifying rampage. his reactions were good enough to let him get a shot at every one, his accuracy good enough to land all his shots, his time units high enough to sustain two reaction shots.

and he took eight. out of his ~80 time units, he spent roughly 300 in that reaction phase.

He plays TFTD too. So dreamy~

I hope Firaxis remakes that one next

Twice I was driving along in the Mako in Mass Effect 1, when I was launched into the air without jumping, either by an invisible tornado or by a very angry, very childish God. I spun around and around and up in down in an uneven, vaguely circular path, again like I was caught in a cartoon tornado. I was constantly slammed into the ground and picked up again, taking light damage all the while (including when I was just spinning in circles and not touching anything), until the screen was finally drained of color and the gameover music played, the flaming wreck that used to be me still going full speed ahead like a cat lure in midair.

(And sideways. And up. And down.)

The second time it happened, I was notified by Joker that I was going beyond the range of the operational area.

Yeah, no shit, Joker

As the gameover screen popped up (from having died, mind you), he told me the mission was over, and he was coming to pick me up.

In Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion I watched someone (we'll call them Alex) encounter the following:

Alex was wandering in the wilderness on the way back to town when they came across a bandit floating in the air. The bandit was floating with his arms straight out to the sides and his legs pointing straight down like we was hanging on an invisible cross. The battle music didn't play and the bandit didn't move, he just hung there. Alex walked around it. Nothing changed. Alex decided to attack it. They punched the bandit. It dropped dead without a sound other than the thud from falling.

The battle music started playing. Alex looked around for a threat but didn't see one, so they ran away from the area hoping that the music would change.

It didn't. The music played near campfires, around enemies, in the open, whatever. The music kept playing no matter what and they couldn't go to sleep because they were constantly under threat. They thought that it might go away if they went into town, so away they went.

When they got to town, they saw a group of about fifteen guards standing very closely together outside of the town. More guards came out of the town to join them until every guard was standing there, competing or the same spot. When they were all present, the guards starting marching down the path away from town.

Alex tried talking to them, but nothing happened. When they attacked one of them, they said, "I'm on your side!" and kept running. They couldn't get any other response from them, so they decided to follow them. They kept running down the road. Every time they attacked one, they repeated the same line and continued the march. They followed the path for a good ten minutes before Alex gave up.

The music was still playing and hadn't stopped, so they decided to go into town like they originally planned. Nothing changed when they got into town, but every single guard was gone.

He reloaded from the last save to get out of it.

I'm not sure where the guards were going, but they went back the way Alex came so maybe they were going to where the bandit was crucified by the air.

Edited by Makaze

Not exactly a glitch, but I find it hilarious that your calming, "pacifist" of a father in Fallout 3 will become the world's best boxer if a super mutant so much as looks at him funny within a hundred meters. AI shenanigans in Bethesda games are utterly hilarious and probably the most entertaining part. There's also a dragon I encountered in Skyrim who came into battle without his proper rendering on. It looked like I was fighting a beta Volvagia from Ocarina of Time. An amusing Fire Emblem related one happened to my brother, in which the civilian in Chapter 2 of FE7 appeared as a red archer in the cutscene.

He plays TFTD too. So dreamy~

I hope Firaxis remakes that one next

rite

tftd just had that atmosphere that no other xcom or xcom clone had before or has had since, you know? with the music and the claustrophobia underwater DARKNESS

i kinda want to play tftd now