League of Legends

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if "specializing" is the best way to put it. Because some of the time, you won't get to play certain roles. Which means specializing will just leave you possibly stuck with subpar playing skills in all other roles. Pick something to focus on, yes, but don't neglect the other roles.

Also, on AD Carries: Learn Sivir. She's still reasonably strong, and is only a 450IP. Just be careful with your mana, and spell shield is godly.

So my highish elo buddies told me that since I was rapidly approaching level 30 I should start specializing on something. I decided I would do ad carry bot. Doop doop. Cait, Ashe, and Trist are all I can currently do.

Try Vayne :3. Fun champ to play. The only problem with AD carries is that you're in a 2-person lane meaning your support can screw you over in some cases.

Not sure if "specializing" is the best way to put it. Because some of the time, you won't get to play certain roles. Which means specializing will just leave you possibly stuck with subpar playing skills in all other roles. Pick something to focus on, yes, but don't neglect the other roles.

Also, on AD Carries: Learn Sivir. She's still reasonably strong, and is only a 450IP. Just be careful with your mana, and spell shield is godly.

Specializing is fine especially since some skills apply to all roles. Being spread is ideal for solo queue in terms of the team but specializing isn't that bad.

I own Sivir. I suck at her.

Also, I know. I can play at least one or two champs in every role, and I can play them decently. The one lane I absolutely suck at is top.

Practice. :)

Get runes and rune pages first. Having more heroes won't mean a thing if you don't have the runes to play them. You want a minimum of 5-6 rune pages as well.

So my highish elo buddies told me that since I was rapidly approaching level 30 I should start specializing on something. I decided I would do ad carry bot. Doop doop. Cait, Ashe, and Trist are all I can currently do.

While it's nice to have one or two roles that you're best with you're going to want to branch out into alternative roles as well in case you can't get the role you want to play, especially if you have any plans on playing solo queue ranked. Versatility is key in some cases and it's best to just let people play the roles they ask for regardless of if you know/think you're better than them at that particular role because I rather have a person play a role they're comfortable with than be forced into something they suck at. While I do play mostly top lane or jungle I have learned to branch out to other roles and have a decent amount of heroes to play in each role in case I can't get top or jungle. It's helped me gain ELO again now that I can play more roles decently for my skill level.

You also want to know each role because it helps you give a better understanding of the game and can strengthen your strongest position as well.

Try Vayne :3. Fun champ to play. The only problem with AD carries is that you're in a 2-person lane meaning your support can screw you over in some cases.

Vayne is a very risky pick mainly because her range is short and that's pretty easy to abuse if you're laning against her. Although if she can farm without getting killed or heavily out-CSed she can become a beast. If you plan to play Vayne, you want your support to either play Alistar(Must know how to Alistar combo consistently though), Soraka, or Taric.

WHAT AM AD CARRY STANDARD RUNES

You can use flat AD or Armor Pen for marks and quints generally, seals and glyphs are usually something tanky like armor seals and magic resistance glyphs. You can also use HP quints, whatever floats your boat.

Mono wrecked Curse's shit. GG.

EDIT: TSM v Dignitas is live.

TSM 1 - 1 Dignitas.

The second match was incredibly one-sided in Dignitas' favor. The first one was pretty dominated by TSM.

EDIT3: ggwp. TSM is awesome.

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

Not a fan of AD Janna these days, tbh. With that shield nerf (the one where the AD buff is lost when the shield breaks), its harder to do. It's... kinda viable sometimes. Meh, I still prefer AP Janna over AD Janna.

Both aren't really that good but it was with friends and we all hard random locked in. So i did ad janna with support yorick vs trist/leona kill lane. It was amazing, Im gonna have to upload the replay. And submit it to protatoe monster for top 5 plays,

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys ever feel like you're in a 1v9 match? I just had a game where I had 1 leaver, 2 feeders, and 1 person doing absolutely nothing. (No seriously, our Sivir hid in bot lane's tribrush for half the match) Sometimes I hate Solo Queue so much.

Do you guys ever feel like you're in a 1v9 match? I just had a game where I had 1 leaver, 2 feeders, and 1 person doing absolutely nothing. (No seriously, our Sivir hid in bot lane's tribrush for half the match) Sometimes I hate Solo Queue so much.

Sometimes it feels 9v1, 1v0. Whatever, it's just the flow of the game. With a team game you're inevitably going to have some really landslide-like ones and others might be great. While it's certainly not a good feeling, persevere.