League of Legends

We usually micro around the creeps so that every one of our auto attacks kills a creep, and let the lane do its own thing otherwise. 1v0 especially, you get to practice in a variety of creep situations, and I think this gives you one or two waves of practice under tower if you decide not to freeze. Of course, in a real game you auto as much as your opponent does, in order to keep the lane where it is; slamming the tower is a legit strategy but you would have to be much more careful of ganks then.

You should see a jump in your cs rate again once you get the hang of not attacking extraneously.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Vayne I think you should get tumble first. The fact that tumble resets your auto attack is great for CS'ing and trading, because both of you go for a creep but you get to pop off tumble damage if you can which is great. Helps you win lane.

Will give that a shot when I'm not dead-tired.

Speaking of Tumble, is it supposed to keep the distinct animation and "thunk" if I elect to beat up a structure instead of a minion/champion?

Speaking of Tumble, is it supposed to keep the distinct animation and "thunk" if I elect to beat up a structure instead of a minion/champion?

It does from memory, because the next attack doesn't proc the Tumble bonus (and therefore each attack will keep the sound)

shame that

Don't forget you have to get runes, so don't go too far overboard on champion buying. If you really like Lux and are going to use her, go right ahead, but if you're only going to end up playing her some 3 times total, don't bother. (Me and Akali/Karma/Zilean/most everything on my list actually.) Runes come first. After that, you can fill out your roster with champs you don't use.

Lux looks interesting, but she's not my type of champion. A well-played one is a really nice asset (and it's cool to be on the not-receiving end of her laser). Otherwise, wait until she's free, then toy with her. Wait, that sounds wrong. :P:

Can't be bothered to do that on my new Shaco smurf. He's only going to play Shaco to lv30 anyway, except when people request a smurf to play with so my lv30 account doesn't pit them against opponents who dump on them.

Lux looks interesting, but she's not my type of champion. A well-played one is a really nice asset (and it's cool to be on the not-receiving end of her laser). Otherwise, wait until she's free, then toy with her. Wait, that sounds wrong. :P:

She's free to play this week and I've been playing with her in at least half my games. I've almost always come out of games using her with assists>kills>deaths so I'm not complaining really.

For now though I think I'm gonna get more games with Riven under my belt.

Amount of attention I'm paying to free champions: Fiddlesticks. And Mundo (since he makes a nice wall).

Don't see myself playing the bull, so eh.

Lux is so amazingly good. People don't play her mid as often because she can go support and still do amazingly well. That's the only reason why we don't see her much, if only because so many people want mid.

Yeah I just had a great game with her, despite losing it thanks to at least two incompetent allies.

I think I'ma buy her now that I've gathered enough IP once this champion rotation's over.

losing it thanks to at least two incompetent allies

Usually there exists a way to win by having played better yourself, even given that everyone else played exactly the same. We've all had those games where really nothing can be done, but I question your competence at identifying them.

snowballing Ashe

Gank for her, ask for a laneswap, force midgame, etc. After a while it defaults back to winning the other lanes and ignoring her since she's worth 0 gold anyway, and though that hardly solves the problem of opposing-fed-ADC, it gives you something to beat it with. Example, fed Amumu + fed Karthus = opposing fed Corki can't do anything. Nothing against you Eltoshen, in fact this is the kind of game which often turns out legit unwinnable, but you were convenient to make a point with.

Usually there exists a way to win by having played better yourself, even given that everyone else played exactly the same. We've all had those games where really nothing can be done, but I question your competence at identifying them.

Gank for her, ask for a laneswap, force midgame, etc. After a while it defaults back to winning the other lanes and ignoring her since she's worth 0 gold anyway, and though that hardly solves the problem of opposing-fed-ADC, it gives you something to beat it with. Example, fed Amumu + fed Karthus = opposing fed Corki can't do anything. Nothing against you Eltoshen, in fact this is the kind of game which often turns out legit unwinnable, but you were convenient to make a point with.

Mmhmm, none taken. It was Ashe vs Ashe blind pick, we were kinda fucked when she got 6 kills in lane and could initiate from across the map. Well, I guess you could say an unfed Ashe can do the same, but I mean that'd explain why our Ashe lost the lane to begin with. Jungle was busy trying to gank me, so it's not exactly like she was a focus.

Had a near-unwinnable bot game (we're talking both nexus turrets gone), then Twitch had the brilliant idea to sneak across the map and start storming the enemy base by himself, then having someone else sneak over, smack an inhibitor, possibly die, rinse, repeat. The rest of us were meant to distract the enemy for as long as possible. It worked, and thanks to his crazy idea, we won the game. Black Ops Twitch OP. :P: