So Mega Pokemon

Vicious Sal

Blaziken, Lucario, Absol, Mewtwo, Mawile, Ampharos, probably going to get a Gear Second evolution.

They look plain bad ass, I'd feel kinda weird if this was a possible 4th evolution (Blaziken & Ampharos), but I am guessing it would be a kind of form change (Mewtwo "form" was confirmed earlier). Hold Item mega stone apparently exists, but it's more complicated than that it seems. I'm kinda psyched.

Edit: And I'm happy with the choices so far since they nailed it with quite a few of the pokemon I wanted to see an evo from in one way or another. =]

Edited by Vicious Sal

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one getting a Digimon vibe from these?

Made me remember Blaziken's first appearance...

I wonder how Mega Blaziken will compete to DW Blaziken.

Mega Mawile seems to be a better version of Rampardos. His Attack Power seems truly monstruous

Edited by TendaSlimeKnight Ikkar

Am I the only one getting a Digimon vibe from these?

Why not

Digimon always butchered its potential by making subpar/downright terrible games. If Pokemon implements some of them, at least we know it'll be done right.

Why not

Digimon always butchered its potential by making subpar/downright terrible games. If Pokemon implements some of them, at least we know it'll be done right.

Least Digimon had a consistently good show :P

This Mega Form idea sounds interesting and I wouldn't put it past GameFreak at this point. Not to mention Blaziken and Lucario are already 2 of my absolute favorite mons so, I may be a bit biased here saying i'm all for it. Also Absol yesssss.

I'm loving these Mega Evolutions so far. Mewtwo, Blaziken, Lucario, Mawile, Absol, and Ampharos all look great. Mawile and Absol definitely needed evolutions. The rest of them...not so much, but they look amazing all the same.

An interesting bit of information surfaced on Serebii, too. It seems that by using an item called a "Mega Stone," you can get these Pokemon to evolve into their Mega forms. And it seems that all the Mega Pokemon either get new typing or new abilities. For example:

1. Mawile had its type changed to Steel/Fairy, and Mega Mawile retains that typing while also getting Huge Power as a new ability. (Doubles the Pokemon's Attack stat)

2. Mega Absol retains Absol's Dark typing, but is granted Magic Bounce as a new ability. (Reflects stat-changing moves used against this Pokemon)

3. Mega Ampharos has its type changed to Electric/Dragon, and is given Mold Breaker as an ability. (Moves can be used regardless of abilities. It's basically a dumbed-down Zekrom)

4. Mega Lucario retains its Steel/Fighting type, but gains Adabtability as a new ability. (STAB bonus is increased from 1.5x damage to 2x damage)

5. Mega Blaziken retains its Fire/Fighting type, but gains Speed Boost as a natural ability over Blaze. (We know what Speed Boost does. Basically, it just gives easier access to Speed Boost Blaziken other than Dream World)

6. Mega Mewtwo retains its Psychic type, but gains Insomnia as an ability. (As if Mewtwo users need to fear that Pokemon falling asleep, haha)

There was also a new Gym Leader confirmed that is studying Mega Evolutions, and possibly holds the key to unlocking the feature. There will also be a Torchic distributed from October 12th to November 15th that will hold a new item called "Blazikenite," will have the Speed Boost ability, and will be able to evolve into Mega Blaziken from the get-go (probably from the new item).

They all look great, and Pokemon X and Y is shaping up to be the most ambitious Pokemon title to date, as everything they're doing for this game is changing up everything we know about the series as a whole. I hope every Pokemon gets a Mega Evolution, but who's to say?

You know what this means right? Charizard may finally become a dragon type.

Could very well be. That would be pretty cool, same with Gyarados.

Gyarados and Aggron need Megavolutions.

They would look glorious no doubt.

Would anyone here be against Zangoose and Serviper getting a Mega form?

Hmm... I wonder if this means Absol and Mawile won't have regular evolutions. This Mega formes look to me something that only stand-alone and the final stage of an evolutionary line can get...

According to rumors, Mega evolutions are essentially combat only formes that require an item, not unlike Arceus' plates in some way.

Perhaps their functionality could be closer to Darmanitan's Zen Mode too.

At any rate, I'm quite mixed on this. I sincerely hope they don't count towards the 700+ Pokécount since that would just be laziness on their part. I always thought they should rebalance the older Pokémons instead of adding new ones, with a few exceptions such as Eevee.

Then again I'm probably the minority that dislikes most of those evolutions and such.

Edited by Woodshooter

Ditto and Smeargle having mega forms sounds like it could enreach the metagame (Ditto not so much probably). Anything evolved under 460 or so BST (besides guys like Breloom) probably deserves one too, but that's a really sizeable list.