So Mega Pokemon

Vicious Sal

I've heard that the second attack is just a copy of the first, otherwise one kangaskan attack could be swords dance and then the other could be some super powerful attack.

Broken. As. Hell.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh derp. Well, with 95 base attack it can't be too broken (we may also end up learning new details about the mega-system that change our perception and eventual use of the feature too). Wonder if you can fire off two Giga Impacts in a row?

95 base is plenty to deal damage, thats the BST of freaking Kingdra

Its pretty sad to think that I tried to do a damage calculation with Serenesforest

EDIT:

2x Attack Kangaskan deals 3% more damage than Life Orb Slaking

The lack of competent STAB hurts, but.....

VS Phys Defensive Skarmory

Hammer Arm

15.3% - 18%

Return

11.4% - 13.5%

Does not look that amazing, tbh

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

WARP DIGIVOLVE

81c.gif

This is adorable <3

I wouldn't be too surprised if they made Mega Pikachu.

This would probably be adorable

Mega Kangaskhan was recently revealed, the child comes out of its pouch and helps fight, allowing it to attack twice consecutively. They better have come up with a genius method to balance this out, because that is incredibly overkill.

the ice climbers of pokemon, yay 0-death chain grabs

Maybe they can only attack once every two turns?

I was thinking "oh, scrappy megakangaskhan!", but then I remembered the double attack is due to her new ability.

If the EVs are pooled right I could see megakangaskhan being able to deal with most non ghost type and non ferrothorn threats. I also hope this does use two FULL POWERED attacks, not like the melee ability in Pokemon Conquest that slaps five extra damage onto an adjacent pokemon. Otherwise I smell scrappy/choice kangaskhan being the superior.

The only prototype of Blaziken I remember is this one. Maybe a little bit from this.. But i'm not seeing too much myself.

800px-Latias_Blaziken.jpg

You are sure that's a Blaziken prototype, right? Not a Latias prototype?

Presumably, it's both and was later split onto two different pokemon. The trainer on its back looks like a trainer in an official artwork featuring Latios and Latias.

Doesn't Kangaskhan get Fire Punch or something? If so, it's only a matter of prediction. A fighting-type move repeated twice should also put a huge dent into Ferrothorn.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/kangaskhan/moves

She does not

Although Mega Kangaskhan effectively have Fighting version of Earthquake(Brick Break)

It looks to me like this one got split up into both Blaziken and Latias, design-wise.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I found this: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2041716/pokemon_x_y_trademarks_leak_all_mega_evolutions.html

Apparently Nintendo may have accidentally leaked almost every Mega Evolution.

In case you're curious.

Charizard (yeah!), Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross, Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Aggron, Abomasnow

Assuming this is true, that's an interesting list of Pokémon to recieve this new boon. I'm especially looking forward to gameplay changes with most of those first and second generation Pokémon, plus maybe Aggron because FUCK YEAH AGGRON. Banette could've used a buff from its first day of existence and I'm curious about how Medicham is going to be tweaked.

It's funny, almost all of them are some of my favourite Pokemon, it's quite funny. Many of those Pokemon are high tier, I wonder if that was on purpose.

I found this: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2041716/pokemon_x_y_trademarks_leak_all_mega_evolutions.html

In case you're curious.

Charizard (yeah!), Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross, Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Aggron, Abomasnow

If that ends up being the entirety of the final list, then this mechanic is absolutely stupid.

21 (+1 for Blaziken) total candidates for a newly added and touted mechanic is an atrocious ratio, even just compared to the total number of fully evolved Pokemon. I get that it seems like more will be added over time via distribution (i.e. Blaziken) (provided that The Pokemon Company decides to keep things going worldwide like the games' releases - there have been many distributions over the years that we just simply haven't gotten), but that's still absolutely pathetic. It's also extremely silly that the list above doesn't have ANY Gen V representatives at all in it. (I don't even LIKE most of the Gen V guys, but it still seems silly to completely ignore them here.)

Yes, you could argue that the ratios of new types of Pokemon were paltry upon their introductions, but that's 1) creating something new and 2) not necessarily a touted mechanic, either. This is adding something on to things that already exist - a very large pool of things that already exist. If they decided to add it, they should make sure that they've got enough content to go along with it. (And, for the record, I honestly would have said the same thing about the lack of Dark and Steel-types in Gen II - heck, I would have even complained that it made no sense for Heracross to be Bug/Fighting when it didn't even have a relevant Fighting move in Gen II.)

Just Latias?

Looks legit to me

In all seriousness, why on earth would they split up a duo that is confirmed to be two pokemon that live and die together. Gardevoir and not Gallade is just a gripe, because fanboyism, but the Latis have a real connection, something that can't really be split up.

Also, if this is for whatever reason true, why so little 4th and 5th gen love? I get that they were poorly received by long time fans, but JEEZUS, just abomasnow and lucario. That would honestly be a disappointment.

Who knows. Part of me thinks this is mostly an update, a reimagination of these Pokémon with new stats/types/cries/etc.

Obviously they could've done it without this Megaevolution gimmick but it's GameFreak we're talking about.

Edited by Woodshooter

In case you're curious.

If this is true and we get Mega Gardevoir, i will be extremely happy because Gardevoir is my favorite pokemon.